Unjust speeding ticket

ak said:
Not necessary. If your ticket does not state that it was a reckless, then it is not. I got a ticket for 20 over in fairfax without reckless before. If it is then you should get a lawyer.

That said, fairfax is super anal and you are unlikely to get away with it completely even if it's not reckless. But you can probably get the charge lowered considering that you have a clean record. You should request your driving record from the va dmv(www.dmvnow.com) which shows that you have a clean record. Go to court, plead not guilty and tell the judge what happened and that you have a clean record to prove. I was in the court before where a guy was in the same boat as you. The judge asked what kind of car he drove, and he said "Hummer H2" and the judge stated "it's because you stand out" but he did get the charge lowered. good luck.

ak

Thanks for the information. I just moved to VA a few months ago from NY - would I have to provide my NY driving record?

Btw, to all the folks in Northern Virginia - let me know if there are any NSX meets. Thanks.

Jai015 said:
Thanks for the information. I just moved to VA a few months ago from NY - would I have to provide my NY driving record?

If I am not mistaken, the VA driver's record will show your driving record from NY also as everything should transfer. But you might want to contact DMV to make sure...

Well not bad, I meant as in the cops eyes in some places. Like I said, if the flow is faster than the limit, and you do it to keep the flow nice and smooth, then some places, it's just like doing the legal thing. While going the limit or slower and holding up traffic, causing it to back up will get ya a ticket. you're right though, any ticket is bad.

I just bought my NSX in Missisippi and drove it back to CT where I live. I averaged about 85 the whole way. In Alabama I went by a state Trooper at about 95 and He pulled out raced up next to me while I was sweating and getting ready to pull over he pulled up next to me and nodded and blasted away. I got lucky !!! The cop that pulled you over must have have just been jelious !! Next time keep some doughnuts in the glove box. :biggrin:

scottnoah said:
The cop that pulled you over must have have just been jelious !! Next time keep some doughnuts in the glove box. :biggrin:

Dunno about that man...northern VA is like "Hollywood East". The officer may not have a high paying job but I'm sure he's seen his fair share of exotics in the area.

Jai015, hit me up some time. I work in Alexandria on Edsall Rd off 395...

Jai015 said:
I also have a K40 radar detector built into the car and that thing was flashing ever since I got on the highway which also alerted me to just drive "normally". I just moved to VA a few moths ago and hopefully the courts will see my clean driving history from NY. Thanks Prime for hearing me vent and giving me an ePat on my back.

Welcome to the NSX club :)

A couple things: Radar detectors are illegal in Virginia! You should consider yourself lucky that the cop didn't notice the installation.

Second - Learn to read your detector. If you noticed it was flashing, you should have slowed down to the legal limit. Even 1 mile over is enough to get pulled over.

To discover more about detectors, check out: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/radar/
Plenty of talk about the sitiuation in Virginia, as well as participation from LEO.

Good luck!

-Josh

Found a great website listing every state, it's top legal speed in that state and sometimes a description of where it's legal. Also tells whether it is an ABSOLUTE top speed, or is it "PRIMA FACTA" (sp?). In other words, is it that speed is the absolute limit, or can you push it some depending on conditions and if it's gone properly. Also lists what is considered to be a felony I think it was, like at what point past limit is ur ass going to jail? I'll list it up shorty, I'm on the wrong computer at this moment.

Back