Turbo the NSX or trade it for a Ferrari 360?

Can't wait to see the pics and comments.
Because i'm also planning to get either a 02-05 NSX then SC it or a 360 this year. It's very hard to decide :redface:

Wow im going through the same thought process myself:

Go for a Ferrari or Turbo/SC the NSX

this thread has brought up some very good points and has made the decision even harder.

Congrats on the 360 recoil :smile: Keeps us updated on how you feel about taking the plunge into F-car land :biggrin:

Wow im going through the same thought process myself:

Go for a Ferrari or Turbo/SC the NSX

this thread has brought up some very good points and has made the decision even harder.

Congrats on the 360 recoil :smile: Keeps us updated on how you feel about taking the plunge into F-car land :biggrin:

If i already have a 02 NSX like u, it could be much easier for me to decide, i'll just turbo or SC the NSX.
Have you ever considered the 360 CS? Its so nice!

Steve, should hopefully have the kit completly installed in a few weeks, headers, y-pipe, and hot side of turbo need to get ceramic coated. Shad of Driving Ambitions is building me the water/air aftercooler. Frank

Put a hundred shot on it, that will solve your torque issues haha

david

Hi guys,

I'm having a hard decision with something and am hoping you turbo guys can set me straight.

Brief history:

Early last year, I bought a F355. I chose it over the 360 because of pricing (liked the 360 lines better but the 355 was more affordable). After getting the 355, I was a bit underwhelmed with the off-the-line performance (I come from an American muscle background where 400+HP were my daily drivers). Handling was superb, sound was orgasmic, but the power lacked.

I sold the car and was going to wait for a good 360 to show up. In the meantime, I bought a friend's NSX. I knew the car was top notch and well maintained. I find it just as good as the F355 in every way, minus the exhaust sound (had a Tubi on my 355). Like the 355, I'm a bit underwhelmed with the off-the-line power.

I have a pretty decent offer in front of me for trading in my NSX toward a 360. Power/torque are up on the 360 but I don't expect it to "launch me back" into my seat like my Vipers did.

My question is this: When you guys put turbos on your NSX, did it really bring a super wide smile to your face? Will a kit like the Angus turbo kit "throw me into the seat"?

I'm trying to answer this formula:

Is the smile from a turbo NSX >= smile from being a 360 owner?

If the turbo NSX (400HP desired) even feels half like any of my Vipers, I think I'd be happy staying a member of the family.

I'm just looking for opinions on how the power changed and how your perceptions of the car might have changed with the addition of FI.

I know this will be a hard question to answer -- just looking for any input.

Steve

Hi guys,

I'm having a hard decision with something and am hoping you turbo guys can set me straight.

Brief history:

Early last year, I bought a F355. I chose it over the 360 because of pricing (liked the 360 lines better but the 355 was more affordable). After getting the 355, I was a bit underwhelmed with the off-the-line performance (I come from an American muscle background where 400+HP were my daily drivers). Handling was superb, sound was orgasmic, but the power lacked.

Like the 355, I'm a bit underwhelmed with the off-the-line power.

Steve

low torque, we can fix that but remember the car was not engineered as a drag racer nor the 360 but as stated their are several forced induction options to make it scary fast track or street. but if you can swing it get the engine built period (stronger with lower compression)then decide on your power adder you will be much happier in the end with no personal horror story. just remember that it helps a great deal if you use n20 pistons, turbo pistons so forth on your build as the specific shape will produce much better then a generic strength build up using conventional head designs which do work and well but were talking perfection right?

best regards david

Last edited:
Guys,

After a lot of soul searching, I decided to get the 360. I was going to put the Angus kit on my NSX but couldn't get the 360 out of my head.

I've been wrangling with the decision since the day I started this thread and gave in to the dark horse earlier today.

I'd like to thank everyone who posted. This community is as great, if not greater, than the Fchat community.

I've enjoyed lurking. Who knows, maybe I'll buy another NSX later (this time with a turbo already installed).

Steve

Congrats on the purchase.

I've been in a few 360's over the years they are a great car and i'm sure you'll love it just one word of warning if you plan to drive it fast and close to the limit this car will bite you - i've seen it happen too many times. The 360 has a real aero problem at high speed where the back end will let go without warning (high speed corners).
Everything from bone stock to full GT spec race cars have a hish speed rear end brake loose problem i have 2 friends who have the GT spec cars and they are a hand full to control at race speed.
Nothing handles like a well preped NSX its one of those rare cars you can drive to the limit and still feel your in control.
Having said all that if your not going to drive the 360 hard especially high speed corners then you'll be happy as a pig in shit.:biggrin:
my 2 cents worth - and in Aussie $ terms that's not much ATM.

Kreissieg Exhaust :)

http://www.kreissieg-usa.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dw6...=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=qcC1ScTCHZK2sAPG16jhCA&sa=X&oi

:cool: Fabulous bodykit

http://www.fabuloususa.com/

360modena-01smaller.jpg

Last edited:
oh but it would be cool if you could afford an F430 with Kreissieg Exhaust and Fabulous bodykit :biggrin:

_D2D6819smallers.jpg

_D2D6853smallers.jpg

430_image03_2smallers.jpg

430_win_2smallers.jpg

Re: Forget the F.I., I just wanna lose 500 lbs'. . .

Ferraris will always attract more attention from younger kids, and will get you more 'eyes' than the NSX. It will attract more questions and attention than the NSX.

I disagree Stunt. I think the NSX will get more questions and attention. The Ferrari will get more "eyes" and more "ooh, a Ferrari"'s, but the NSX will get more, "WTF is that!?" I love those :wink:

Re: Forget the F.I., I just wanna lose 500 lbs'. . .

I disagree Stunt. I think the NSX will get more questions and attention. The Ferrari will get more "eyes" and more "ooh, a Ferrari"'s, but the NSX will get more, "WTF is that!?" I love those :wink:
Yea... I loved the "Nice Prelude maaan!!!!" comment from a surfer-boy in Monterey (who truly meant it) :rolleyes:

Sell the NSX and buy a Porsche Turbo.

I'd rather maintain a FI'd anything NSX, than a Ferrari when comparied to maintenance and parts cost wise, any day of the week.
Specially if you intend to put some miles on it.

Last edited:
look like s7 not nsx:frown:

i think any body kit should emphasize on car's features, not completely change the look to mimic something else.
just an opinionated 0.02c

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a wanta be something else.
I think it's the tail lights that don't belong on the NSX.
Too Ferrari looking.

Last edited:
Goodluck on your 360 purchase.Ive been getting info little by little on the Gallardo personally.Im determined to get one!

And for people saying a turbo nsx will out do an exotic..how about a turbo exotic? :eek: :biggrin:

14sywqf.jpg

syb6lt.jpg

Id trade for ferrari If I could...nsx is nice and all but its still a Honda after all it'll never be a Ferrari. Even with all the mods and even with that veilside kit which kinda looks ugly at certain angles it still doesn't have that prestigiousness a Ferrari nameplate has.

What a great post. Lots of good info and opinions. I will throw mine in.
The dependability of an NSX compared to the Ferrari is a large concern. I have logged 250,000 miles on my NSX’s and they are very dependable and predictable. Mentioned earlier about the Crack pipe go fast I am a victim. I have had the CTSC. At 370HP and The BBSC at 392HP and know am moving to the 500HP Turbo. The NSX will never feel like my drag cars. My 68 Mustang pro street car is tagged and runs 9.92 138 MPH.
Go straight to the 500HP turbo or more. I will let you know next month how it compares to the V8. I have never ridden in a turbo NSX. The dyno #s look impressive. If it is too hard of a decision save up and do both. Remember this comes from a guy with 10 cars. You are blessed to have to make such tough decisions. Good luck!

It depends on what you want, the turbo NSX will be a lot faster than the Ferrari, but the NSX will never have the sound or feel of the Ferrari. I have been considering selling both of mine and getting a Merci, they have really come down in price now and are in my price range.

If you really like the looks of the NSX and are happy with every other aspect of the car, I would say turbo it, if you think you will always compare it to the Ferrari, that should tell you something.

Rob

The Turbo NSX would smoke bone stock 360 Modena.
Turbo NSX is almost invincible, but any car can be made faster with money. A turbo Geo Metro can smokes a stock NSX as well if you throw enough money at it.

Comments like "360 Modena is still a Ferrari" and "Its only a 360" are a bit weird, I can't believe we are riding on such high horse. Honda cheerleading and riding high horse are two of the most distasteful thing associated with NSX.

I have a little bit of experience with 360 Modena, the power is ok, but the look, the way it handles, and the sound are just unreal. This car is an art, but does seem a bit common in OC just like Gallardo.

The 360 Modena have decent power to weight ratio (400hp/~3000lbs)and is indeed quite a bit faster than any non-FI NSX I have experienced. Unfortunately for today's standard it is just not enough kick. "It is not about power" belongs to 360 Modena more so than NSX. Reliablility wise, seems to be a mixed depending on owner's luck. My friend daily drive his for over 5 years without major issues. I hope I don't jinx him.

Both of my cars are noticeablely faster than 360 Modena, and I would trade both of my cars for a Black bone stock 360 Modena without even thinking twice. F430 in black would just be absolute perfect all around car. Not sure if it is worth twice the price though.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hn20TOXwNco&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hn20TOXwNco&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ferrari_360_Modena_Part_2_Screensaver-43478.jpg

Last edited:
Back