Track day at MSR Houston -- Anyone interested?

Paul,
When I loked at the thread on Corvette Forums, looks like we'll get the 'shaded area' .. Since there may only be about 25 cars, probably we can share the shaded area.

As for chairs, yes, that's a good idea. Apart from the 'classroom', it's pretty much an open area there.

Cheers .. Gus

bsudiro said:
Paul,
looks like we'll get the 'shaded area' .. Since there may only be about 25 cars, probably we can share the shaded area.
Gus thanks for the response. I did not mean shade for the car, just for me. It is going to be hot out there and I did not want to stand in the sun for hours. If no shade was around I was going to try to bring a canopy, but it sounds like we can stand in the shade at times and visit. I will bring a chair.

Paul

Wheelman said:
Maybe we can all go out to lunch afterwards..if everyone feels like it.

This one sounds good.
Paul, this is your side of town. Suggestions for a place for all of us? Maybe a Hooter's? :biggrin: Just for the wings, of course. :wink:

Paul ..
The shaded area should be sufficient for 'sitting area' .. On the corvette forum, they also said that there're electrical outlets by the shaded area, so if anybody wants to bring electric fans, there'll be some outlets for them.

I'm open for lunch .. or BBQ .. :) .. I'm sure we'll be quite hungry by the end of the event .. :biggrin::biggrin:

Cheers .. Gus

Paul said:
Gus thanks for the response. I did not mean shade for the car, just for me. It is going to be hot out there and I did not want to stand in the sun for hours. If no shade was around I was going to try to bring a canopy, but it sounds like we can stand in the shade at times and visit. I will bring a chair.

Paul

At the track, there is shade but no place to sit so bring chairs. Probably be a good idea to bring coolers with water or other drinks too. They have a coke machine and a snack bar, but it may not be open.

Lunch afterwards sounds good. While I am not offering to cook BBQ, I am offering to pick some up from a local BBQ joint and we can eat at my property in Pearland. Paul, you have been there once I believe. There will be plenty of parking and if you bring chairs there will be plenty of places for people to sit :biggrin: Bring your preferred beverages. If you need to work on a car or two, I have tools there as well. I have a pool table, dart board, tv with no cable and an air conditioned garage.

Ritesh, as for times, my best was about 1:55 on an open track with my Hoosiers. Unfortunately, my wife discovered that my Hoosiers have chords showing so I will be running my Avons. Hopefully, I will be able to keep up with you!

I will be pulling my car to the track, so I will bring the basics with me like a jack, sockets, jack stands, etc. But I will not bring blue tape cause I am too cool for that! :cool:

Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone!

Teddy

HEEELLLLPPPPPPP!!!!

I just realized that I have one front tire that is flat spotted. I was hoping somebody in Houston knew a dealer that carries Toyo RA1's. 205/40/17's

Any contact info would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Ritesh

HEEELLLLPPPPPPP!!!!

I just realized that I have one front tire that is flat spotted. I was hoping somebody in Houston knew a dealer that carries Toyo RA1's. 205/40/17's

Any contact info would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I don't know any Toyo dealers. I have some older Yoko's but they aren't that size and they are mounted on 91 wheels. Don't know if that will fit on yours. The 205/40/17 that I have are chorded.

Now how about lunch? That invitation was open to all of the NSX guys that will be in the area. I am not planning on feeding the Corvette guys!

Teddy

Teddy, as I pass your property every Monday and Wednesday on my way to pick up my son from daycare, I think to myself, would Teddy miss that nice RV if I borrowed it for a weekend! :biggrin: :tongue:

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone, see you guys at the track!

Counter said:
Now how about lunch? That invitation was open to all of the NSX guys that will be in the area. I am not planning on feeding the Corvette guys!

Teddy

I am a go-with-the-flow guy. My vote is "whatever everyone wants to do"

Philip

Sounds like a good idea .. :)
Afterwards in the afternoon (after 5), we can head over to Zake for happy hour! :wink::biggrin::biggrin:

Counter said:
Teddy, as for you gratuitous offer to provide a BBQ lunch; please understand that you don’t have to. However, I think it would be lots of fun to kick back on your property and have some BBQ and few cold ones. I’m game!!! :biggrin:

Teddy, I know you are lying. you CB.:biggrin: I know you have the tires. You just wanna spank my butt.

Btw, for Lunch- lets go to a restaurant. I hate to impose on Teddy- I was just messing with him.

Ritesh

NSXLuvr said:
Btw, for Lunch- lets go to a restaurant. I hate to impose on Teddy- I was just messing with him. Ritesh

That sounds good too, I'm up for whatever and can go with the flow. There are several restaurants in Pearland. I can make some suggestions at the track and we can all decide as a group then.

Btw, for Lunch- lets go to a restaurant. I hate to impose on Teddy- I was just messing with him.

It is not a problem at all. I had a get together like this in mind when I bought the place. Do you really want to pass up free food??? :eek:
And if you still want to do laps, you can drive my tractor around the field out back! Btw, my wife is already making the plans for food, so you all have to come!

Ritesh, Did you find tires? Or are you going to run on streets?

Teddy

Counter said:
It is not a problem at all. I had a get together like this in mind when I bought the place. Do you really want to pass up free food??? :eek:
And if you still want to do laps, you can drive my tractor around the field out back! Btw, my wife is already making the plans for food, so you all have to come!
Teddy

Count me in! :wink:

Hey .. sounds good .. And since I'll be bringing a cooler, if anyone wants to bring a six-pack or something, that cooler can be used for storage till lunch time .. :) ..

Unfortunately, I am out due to my parents' woes! It's always something but as they get older, I feel more like the parent and them the children. Not to be disrepectful of them or anything, but it seems like common sense to me and not to them on somethings. Oh well, another time..you guys enjoy and have fun. Don't forget to bring SunBlock and a sweat towel, since it's gonna be hot! Next time!

*** Great news everyone, I just got word from Reid, see below:

"Bad news....got confirmation that there are no passengers allowed.

Good news. We have the track for the full day!
That figures b/c I have to bail around 2pm.

Reid"

Guys – I had a great time hanging out with everyone as usual!

Teddy – Thanks so much for having all of us over to your place; the BBQ was great and it was nice to get out of the heat and visit with everyone in your air conditioned garage!

Ritesh – Thanks so much for the ride, I forget how fast the NSX is out on the track in the hands of a good driver! BTW your car looks so good with the new wheels.

Jonny – Thanks so much for organizing this, we all had a great time! It was also very nice meeting you. If you need help with the drivers door or any advice before you attempt to replace or repair other parts let me know. I have done quite a bit of work on my car and can tell you what not to do! Please let us know when the next track event is, as I would love to hang out with everyone again.

Back