Track day at MSR Houston -- Anyone interested?

That's too bad ben, I wanted to see your Turbo NSX.

I doubt that NSX FoYoAss is coming since he sold his NSX.]

Come on sam, Fastrunner, Wheelman, Counter(teddy)

NSXLuvr said:

TURBO? No wonder I couldn't shake you off my a$$ on our last drive. :wink:

NSXLuvr said:
Come on sam, Fastrunner, Wheelman, Counter(teddy)

I checked with the boss, and she says I can attend...:biggrin:

Unlemming, I, too, am a COMPLETE NOVICE, but I plan to attend and have some fun.

*DISCLAIMER* If anyone wants to make good time on the track, don't get behind me!

SamBel, your name has been updated on the official list.

Waiting for others here to confirm and show interest.

PM to the other members that may be interested.

SamBel Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXLuvr

TURBO? No wonder I couldn't shake you off my a$$ on our last drive.

Sam, no that one is not turbo. It's the other one :biggrin: The silver one just has intake/exhaust.

Maybe next time, or I'll plan to go to XPO.

Ben

Johnny, thanks for the message. I'd love to go (the year's nearly halfway over and I have yet to make it to the track). Unfortunately, my ole silver NSX has a new owner now, which means I'm between NSXs. So, unless I can find one quick, I won't be able to join y'all.

You guys have fun! (and let me know if you run across a nice 1997-2001 NSX-T for sale) ;)

List:

1. johnny010
2. DVDoughboy
3. NSXLuvr
4. bsudiro
5. Sam

Who hasn't done a DE event before? I know Sam hasn't, what about the rest of you guys. I know Gus has done MSR before. What about Johnny and DVDoughboy? I am asking so that we can make sure that all of us can enjoy the track event in a safe manner.

Ritesh

Ritesh ..
If Fastrunner joins, then looks like myself, you and fastrunner who's definitely been to a DE event AND been to MSR houston.
From the post below, I think johnny has not been to a DE event before. Not sure about DVDoughboy.

Among us, definitely you're the most experienced track rat .. :) .. i wouldn't mind taking them for a ride before they get on track for the first time, but I think you can give them better examples and pointers than Nick or me .. :)

Cheers .. Gus

msrhcad.jpg

Detailed track map. I know Gus can draw it out in his head and give a detailed analysis of each corner.:wink:

:wink: My favorites are turns 4-5 and turns 10-11-12.
Had to work on the bridge & Gut check a bit .. but it was fun!
For me, turns 16-17 are the tricky one.

Really looking forward to going back there again!! :biggrin:

Cheers .. Gus

NSXLuvr said:
List:

1. johnny010
2. DVDoughboy
3. NSXLuvr
4. bsudiro
5. Sam

Who hasn't done a DE event before? I know Sam hasn't, what about the rest of you guys. I know Gus has done MSR before. What about Johnny and DVDoughboy? I am asking so that we can make sure that all of us can enjoy the track event in a safe manner.

Ritesh

I've never been to MSR but have done a DE over at TWS once.

johnny010 said:
Looking for initial responses from: Wheelman, Paul, NXS FoYoAss, Modernceo, Ojas.
I just got my head above water here at work and was able to read through this thread. I need to check with my wife to see what our plans are and what her work schedule is for July. I will make another post once I check with her.

At a minimum, even if I don’t have time to prepare the car for the track, I should be able to come out for the morning just to watch and visit with you guys.

Thanks for putting this together Jonny and for the PM telling me about this thread!

You guys are correct, I have never been to an even like this. Glad to ride along for the first round. I wasn't planning on being stupid (who does?). The interest level for this even came from it being a safe environment.

If I ride along for the first round, my girl will probably want to catch a ride with one of you guys if there is a seat available.

Funny question I know, but what is up with the blue tape on the cars?

JM

UPDATED LIST:
1. johnny010
2. DVDoughboy
3. NSXLuvr
4. bsudiro
5. Sam
6. Fastrunner
7. (possibly Paul)
EDIT: I have my old tires and wheels. Would you guys recommend putting them on for the event?
What about adjusting the ride height of my car? It has been lowered 1.5 inches but is adjustable. Not real sure how to make the adjustment, so if it needs to be done, will need some help.

Still looking for Wheelman and Modernceo.

johnny010 said:
it adds 10 hp per square foot of tape you place on the car…:biggrin:

No really, it's so that you dont get as many rock chips. :wink:

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by johnny010
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
it adds 10 hp per square foot of tape you place on the car…:biggrin:
Also makes the car looks faster .. :wink::biggrin:

No worries about catching a ride. Ritesh will probably be the best one to ride with (more experience), but I'd have no problem if someone wants to ride with me.

As for car height, my car is also lowered, and I put my 15/16 stock rims for the DE events I've been to. That works for me. (May not be obvious from the photos, but the silver car is my car that's been lowered).

Cheers .. Gus

I will need to check the dates with my wife, but I am very interested.
Only read through the posts quickly, so here are a few quick comments.
  • MSR Houston is still MSR Houston. It has a naming deal with MB of Sugarland. No ownership involved.
  • Blue tape is cool, though I don't use it, cause I don't need it! :cool:
  • And I will be glad to give a ride or two or three.
Teddy

Counter said:
I will need to check the dates with my wife

Teddy

:biggrin: :biggrin: - Yeah we know who has the "attachments" in your house.

Your going down Teddy. I plan on having you for breakfast before having a corvette or two for lunch.:biggrin: :biggrin:

On a more serious note- we really need you out there. I don't want to have any "incidents" with 1st or 2nd timers when we have an open track day. I will never hear the end of it.

johnny010 said:
I have my old tires and wheels. Would you guys recommend putting them on for the event? What about adjusting the ride height of my car? It has been lowered 1.5 inches but is adjustable. Not real sure how to make the adjustment, so if it needs to be done, will need some help.

You kinda need to tell us a bit more about your car and mods before we can give you any type of useful advise. What kind of suspension, sway bars, alignment, track tires?

For eg, mine is a 1998 NSX-T with Type R Suspension, Dali intermediate sway bars on full stiff in front, loose in the rear, Type R reinforcemnt chassi bars. moderately aggressive alignment and Toyo RA1 track tires.

We shall see Ritesh!!!
I am a go. Nothing has been scheduled, so nothing to interfere.
I will gladly help out those new to the track.
Ritesh, I have a special line just for you. It involves a lot of early apexes and staying all the way outside on the carousel!!:biggrin: :biggrin:
I guess I should wash my car before then! :eek:
Teddy

K, Teddy, you are added to the official list.

NsxLuvr.....great questions. I have no idea (but that doesn't mean I can't drive the car). I purchased it used. I know the guy has Koni adjustables on it, and lots of comptech stuff, but I really couldn't tell you all the details on the suspension since I've never had it up in the air.

JM

HAHA Teddy, I knew that the smack talk would convince ya.:biggrin:

Johnny, Don't worry about it too much. I/Teddy will get a look at the car and give you an idea of the mods. To tell you the truth, It really doesn't matter when you are starting. I remember my first track event, I was asking a bunch of senior NSXers what should be my tire pressures. None of them could give a straight answer. Then a NSX instructor told me- it really really doesn't matter. Just go out there and DRIVE!!! I understood what he meant.:wink:

So, that makes 7 so far.

UPDATED LIST:
1. johnny010(Johnny)
2. DVDoughboy
3. NSXLuvr(Ritesh)
4. bsudiro(Gus)
5. Sam(Sam)
6. Fastrunner(Patrick)
7. Counter(Teddy)

I guess this will be TEXPO unless we come up with something else this year.

Ritesh

John, Its seems like the vette guys might not come up with 18. Any updates on their end. I can probably convince one of friends to come so that may make 8 on our end.

Back