Track day at MSR Houston -- Anyone interested?

Have posted on the Corvette forum to check and see if they can produce 18 cars. Bone seems to think they will. More to follow as I get an update from him.

JM

Okay everyone, time to pay for the event.

"Registration and Payment will be made directly to the MSR-Houston site on an individual basis. Follow the link below to the MSRH Calendar and click on "Gear Grinders Club". Click "Register Now" and follow prompts. All major Credit Cards accepted on this secured site. http://www.msrhouston.com/msrhouston/calendar.aspx (Note: Skip the "Registered User" and use "Continue-as-Guest" to submit payment.)"

I will be paying Wednesday night.

Please post once you have paid so I can keep the list updated.

JM

Sorry guys

I am going to be out.

Due to some major personal problems, it looks like I'm selling the car :mad:

Updated, I signed up for it this morning.

1. johnny010 (paid)
2. NSXLuvr(paid)
3. bsudiro (paid)
4. Sam (paid)
5. Fastrunner
6. Counter

Counter(teddy) is going to make it but since he is a member he might not sign up with Gear grinders.

See you guys at the track.

1. johnny010 (paid)
2. NSXLuvr(paid)
3. bsudiro (paid)
4. Sam (paid)
5. Fastrunner
6. Counter
7. Paul (observer)

I plan to attend as an observer only. See you guys at the track.

2. NSXLuvr(paid)
3. bsudiro (paid)
4. Sam (paid)
5. Fastrunner
6. Counter
7. Paul (observer)
8. Norm & H-carWizKid (Philip) (observer)

I will be coming down to observe, and take pictures, so add an NSX to the photo line-up, but not the track event.

See you guys at the track!

Philip

I just love giving my money to that track!!! I am paid. Now to go get the car ready!!! Ritesh, are you ready to get your butt kicked? Did I mention that I knocked 10 seconds off my lap times?
Counter

If I want to watch and hang-out (like Paul, Norm, and Philip), I don't need to do anything special ahead of time, right? Just show up?

Ojas said:
If I want to watch and hang-out (like Paul, Norm, and Philip), I don't need to do anything special ahead of time, right? Just show up?

Watching is just fine. However, their website states that no testrides can be given to passengers. I don't know how strict they will be about this(i.e. can teddy and I give rides to other drivers or spectators?). Initially I thought it was going to be a wide open event but their website doesn't make it seem that way.

Also, I volunteered to be Sam's "instructor" since I felt it was going to be a pretty wide open event. However, after reading their website I don't know if they will let me help him out. They may require newbies to rent their instructors from the MSR list.:rolleyes:

I guess Johnny can check with his Vette buddies to figure that out. Otherwise I can contact MSR.

To answer the above question, I called MSR and was unable to reach our contact person Leslie. I called Reid (Corvette forum event planner), and he explained that MSR recently had a policy change, and passengers are no longer allowed due to insurance regulations and liability issues.

Reid explained that he went a step further and followed up with MSR's insurance company asking for an explanation on why, and the documentation showing that no passengers are allowed. He stated to me that the lady asked him to present his questions in written format for a formal answer. Apparently, he did, and she never updated him with an answer.

Short answer is no passengers will be allowed.

I'm not happy about it either.

I am not really surprised they aren't allowing riders when this is going on...

The good old litigious nature of our society just squashed yet another good time... :rolleyes:

You have to be a little understanding considering the liability factor on a complex like MSR. I'm just glad you guys can still have an outlet like this to let yourselves loose on. I look forward to watching you guys tear it up out there.

See ya there.

Philip

Leslie from MSR called me this afternoon. I express our unhappieness regarding the no passenger rule and recent change of policy. She explained that the police change is not really a change. She explained that someone else took over the insurance account that understands the policy wording, and has explained that all along there should have been no passengers allowed.

She told me that since this is a private event, we may be able to have passengers, and she will forward my sentiments along to the appropriate people. I expected a call back today, but never received one.

Reid told me that the 25 people isn't quite looking like 25, so the event is likely to be opened up to MSR members as well. Not sure if this would still qualify the event as private???

More if/as this develops.

Counter said:
Ritesh, are you ready to get your butt kicked? Did I mention that I knocked 10 seconds off my lap times?
Counter

You CB!!! I see you are taking a page from Hayashi:biggrin: Local track and membership better mean that you are faster than me.:wink:

what kinda of times are you getting out there? What is considered quick on the track? Last time i was there I got a 1:55 once when the track was clear. I'm gonna follow you for a couple of laps if thats ok.

I can't wait. Those who haven't tracked their car need to do a self inspection. Download the TDE inspection form and do it yourself.
http://www.thedriversedge.net/tmssif.pdf

johnny010 said:
I express our unhappieness regarding the no passenger rule and recent change of policy.
Hey Jonny,

I would not beat yourself up over the “no passenger” policy. I’m just as happy to have an excuse to get out for the house, drive the car, and visit with friends. And besides, it’s probably best that MSR won’t let anyone ride with Nick or Gus!!!! :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Does anyone that has been out there know if there are shaded areas to hang out? Should we bring chairs? I recall from past events at TWS that there is plenty of shade out there and plenty of places to site without having to bring chairs, but what about MSR?

Back