Thinking of Driving to NSXPO 2012?

I know, I know, plenty of time before NSXPO, but as I'm sitting here in the early evening darkness looking for something exciting to think about. I wondered how many people were seriously considering driving their NSX's to Colorado.

I did a little searching and found an enclosed carrier that would provide one way transport for 4 cars for only 4100.00. This seemed much less than some of us expected. I know that The Don and I wouldn't have the time to make the trip both ways so we would be interested. Obviously, when time gets nearer to NSXPO (can time move 'nearer'?) someone will start a Caravan thread, but for now . . .

I'll start the list

Pooh and hopefully The Don (joking) 1 car (his)

I'm in for shipping both ways.

Not sure if I can even make it, but if I did I would ship both ways at that price.

Tytus

who is intercity? I used a quote form that allowed for only 4 cars. I can call them directly once we have a feel for how many are interested in 1way and how many want both ways.

fwiw i was thinking of driving out and perhaps stopping at fallenwater (near Pittsburgh, PA) the 1st day, then somewhere in the middle of Ohio the 2nd day to take advantage of of some great twisty roads that I found there for the 3rd day. Perhaps taking in one of the auto museums that are around there as well.

Or perhaps some of our midwest brethern will want to throw some type of great event for us to stop at on the way (a la Buffalo Stampede type of thing).

1 Way Shipping (return)

Shipping both directions
Doc John
Tytus (righttt, let's see you didn't make it to NSXPO social when it was 1 1/2 hours from you, but you are going to make it to Colorado - just saying :)
RSO
Jrbvegum(jeff)

Driving both directions
Old Duffer
Clem
Sduffass??

Alternate modes of transportation
Passline (just sell one of those 'extra' cars and go for the 2 way shipping)

Last edited:
We used Intercity for NSXPOs in San Fran (both ways), Texas (just coming back) and Florida (both ways).

I emailed them for a quote. They have taken as many as 7 of our cars at once (actually, going down to florida the intercity truck broke down and the cars were then shipped via Fedex - - - no joke)

Being further away and having to make a big commitment can make it easier to realize. Last year was just a little more stressful for me than most; I have a more positive outlook for 2012 and let's hope for the best. We'll see...

Tytus

Being further away and having to make a big commitment can make it easier to realize. Last year was just a little more stressful for me than most; I have a more positive outlook for 2012 and let's hope for the best. We'll see...

Tytus

Oh man, now I feel badly about busting on you. :frown:

You're probably just trying to make me feel a little bit guilty so when we are at the track next I'll be thinking about that instead of how great it will feel when I zoom past you in my 'other' NSX-looking car. :wink:

RSO Cool about Intercity; I'm curious what they'll charge.

Maybe we should try using the US postal service instead. I hear they're looking for other forms of revenue. How many stamps do you think that would take?

1 Way Shipping (return)

Shipping both directions
Doc John
Tytus (righttt, let's see you didn't make it to NSXPO social when it was 1 1/2 hours from you, but you are going to make it to Colorado - just saying :)
RSO

Driving both directions
Old Duffer
Sduffass

My appearance at xpo will depend on a few factors.

1. I stay in PA at the job I'm currently at where I can take off.
2. My car is done with all it's little projects
3. I work out a few "kinks"

Oh man, now I feel badly about busting on you. :frown:

You're probably just trying to make me feel a little bit guilty so when we are at the track next I'll be thinking about that instead of how great it will feel when I zoom past you in my 'other' NSX-looking car. :wink:

RSO Cool about Intercity; I'm curious what they'll charge.

Maybe we should try using the US postal service instead. I hear they're looking for other forms of revenue. How many stamps do you think that would take?

Zoom? Did you say zoom past? NSX looking? The engine is in the wrong place for starters, but we digress...We'll see we'll just see...can't wait for this season to start.

also it'll take 20,421 stamps if you can get it in the mailbox...and that is including the up-charge for over-sized parcels.

Tytus

Hey Pooh; Im in for the drive my car knows the way.. It the fun along the way & the people you meet, Day a trip to Falling Water near Pittbgh, Day 2 maybe a late lunch/dinner at St.Elmo's in Indy. Day 3 the Gateway Arch in St Louis or BBq at Jack Stack on the outside tearece.. Day 4 to Denver. A piece of cake.

Intercity is $9095 for 7 nsxs each way including $595 fuel surcharge. Probably too steep for me and I can't take 4 days extra just to drive there one way.

Intercity is $9095 for 7 nsxs each way including $595 fuel surcharge. Probably too steep for me and I can't take 4 days extra just to drive there one way.

not too bad 1400$ per car all in.

I'm trying to go but it doesnt look likely as Im getting married 2 weeks later, and then missing plenty of work for the honeymoon. I hear Colorado is awesome. Who knows? Well see how it develops:wink:

Zoom? Did you say zoom past? NSX looking? The engine is in the wrong place for starters, but we digress...We'll see we'll just see...can't wait for this season to start.

also it'll take 20,421 stamps if you can get it in the mailbox...and that is including the up-charge for over-sized parcels.

Tytus

'zoom' - yuppers:biggrin:
. . . when I drove my NSX everyone thought it was a Corvette hence the comment :wink:

God, I hope Don bought a lot of stamps when he was at the post office. How many square feet of space would one need for 20,241 stamps?

Though this is now a total digression when I drove Don's NSX the other day, I really missed mine.

Last edited:
Though the original quote I got was for one way (since that was what I was interested in), that would only be around 2000 round trip. So slightly better though perhaps not enought 'better'.

well in the end I'm still interrested,we will just have to "shop" the route around with other carriers.

Back