The Unofficial 2006 Mt Baker OR Whistler Scenic Drive Thread

The Unofficial 2006 Mt Baker Scenic Drive Thread

Ok guys... I thought I would take the liberty of starting the not so official 2006 NW Mt Baker or Whistler or BBQ or all of the above meet & scenic drive thread.

However, I myself don't have any of the details. :confused:

We need to setup something this year and soon, being almost July. The day drive to Mt Baker last year went very well so is always an option. I was curious whom set-up the Mt Baker event last year and coordinated with the lodge. It totally skipped my mind.

Another idea would be to perhaps scrap the Mt Baker plans entirely this year and do a Whistler overnight this year. It's been several years (hell I think it was 2001) since we got up there. I believe Florin coordinated that way, way back in the day and everyone had a fantastic time. We even got the off-season group rate as I recall of like $129 back then.

Or we could do both..

In any event, it would be great to at the least secure a tentative date for some time of event, even if we may later have to cancel or move it due to inclement weather. Many people are busy this time of year and need to have dates in advance.

Last edited:
John, I have already been talking to the G.M. at Mt Baker to secure the date (August 19th - Saturday). Official details will follow in the next week with pictures from last years drive. I can't believe you forgot who plan this event the last 2 years.

Will also try to get the Porsche, Ferrari, BWM clubs involved and maybe the
S2000 club if they can settle down during the drive. I will keep everyone posted on date/time/directions.

There will be a $10/car fee from everyone to cover the cost of the lodge and operating the generators for this event.

***There were a few people that did not contribute to this fee last year and I am not looking to cover other people's cost, if they can not find $10 to pay then don't come. Not trying to be the bad guy here, but if one can drive a sports car then one should be able to muster up $10.

All I need to know is how does everyone else feel about inviting the other clubs? Yes or No.

NSX-D said:
John, I have already been talking to the G.M. at Mt Baker to secure the date (August 19th - Saturday). Official details will follow in the next week with pictures from last years drive. I can't believe you forgot who plan this event the last 2 years.

S2000 club if they can settle down during the drive. I will keep everyone posted on date/time/directions.

There will be a $10/car fee from everyone to cover the cost of the lodge and operating the generators for this event.

***There were a few people that did not contribute to this fee last year and I am not looking to cover other people's cost, if they can not find $10 to pay then don't come. Not trying to be the bad guy here, but if one can drive a sports car then one should be able to muster up $10.

All I need to know is how does everyone else feel about inviting the other clubs? Yes or No.

Oh cool. I remember now talking about it on the patio Dean. I would be down with all the other clubs attending. With enough turn-out, is there anyway we can pay more than $10 and get all the roads shut down or is that only extended to the Lambo club? :biggrin:

NSX-D said:
S2000 club if they can settle down during the drive.

QUOTE]

Hah hah! Dean... I am surprised you didn't sign up for the NSX/S2000 Pats Acres Karting day so you can show the S2000 peeps what a NSX driver can do!

Greetings ,

Sounds Great , Whistler ...thats a fun drive , is August 19th set in stone ?

any get together Drive would be a lot of fun , and overdue :wink:

the BBQ idea is a thumbs up !!

Happy Motoring

Optikal said:
NSX-D said:
S2000 club if they can settle down during the drive.

QUOTE]

Hah hah! Dean... I am surprised you didn't sign up for the NSX/S2000 Pats Acres Karting day so you can show the S2000 peeps what a NSX driver can do!

Dean is probably just too busy lately... as far as showing S2ki peeps, don't worry, we got it covered!!:biggrin: :tongue:

Hey Ananda/Optikal, I may still attend the Pat's Acres kart race. Since April I have moved to Mercedes-Benz Sales and usually work weekends. I have taken the weekend off in August for the Mt Baker drive and I may have July 2nd off. I probably will not run the rental kart enduro, but may bring my 125cc shifter kart. I need to tune it 1st, but should have enough time to do so. You guys will be running the 9hp rental karts, I'll get my seat time in 37hp shifter kart, 90mph, 6 spd transmission, all at 1 inch above the ground.

Ananda, you seem to be able to post photos very easily. Do you have any photos of the past Mt Baker drives, I can e-mail them to you to post. I just don't know how to get the file size reduced, still new to the I-mac.

Ooooooo.... You know how to make a guy jealous, Dean. I would love to see what you can do if you make it to Pats.

As for posting pics, I have usually found creative ways of getting them on this forum without signing up for a photo hosting website. Mainly, I hotlink the photos from the S2ki website since I can host photos there.

If you want to send me some pics I can see what I can do... otherwise I would be more than happy to recycle some past photos from the old S2ki/NSXprime websites.

I'll have to wait and see if I can make it on the August drive. I don't know what kind of situation I'll be around that time.

So you are MB Sales now??!! Got any SLR's on stock?

Ananda, please use photos from the last 2 years. Hopefully I can make it to Pat's. As far as the SLR, there was one in today. The owner lives in Bellevue and someone tried to steal the "S" in the SLR logo. I also drove a SL65 AMG last week, just as fast as the SLR. Then who am I to know the difference between 627hp in the SLR and 604hp in SL65.

Let me know if you want me to forward a few photos, I think I still have your e-mail.

Last edited:
some pics, my computer is down right now, hopefully this will work.

Attachments

• mt.baker1.jpg
    mt.baker1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 65
  • mt.baker2.jpg
    mt.baker2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 61
  • mt.baker3.jpg
    mt.baker3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 80
  • mt.baker5.jpg
    mt.baker5.jpg