The Official 2011 F1 Thread....Now That 2010 is Over

Redbull RB7:

red_bull_rb7_studio.jpg

Interesting concept with the engine cover/rear bodywork. Seems like all other teams had moved away from the "sharkfin," as the rules state the rear section can no longer touch the rear wing, as before. Interesting that Red Bull has squared that section off rather than slope it down like most teams. Also funny to note that most teams switched to a "high nose" front, a la the RB6, yet the RB7 seems to slope down more than it did last year. Either way, here's to hoping it's as dog slow as an HRT. I am not a Sebastien Vettel fan.

Scuderia Toro Rosso STR6:

toro_str6_jl_2011-1-e1296553269475.jpg

Nothing too terribly exciting here. Still expect them to hold off Team Lotus, er, 1Malaysia Racing, er, uhm Lotus Racing... er.... what?

Mercedes W02:

JLE0294.jpg

I know I already posted a picture of this, but I figured with the "official" release today, it'd be nice to see the entire car. As odd as it sounds, I'm hoping that Mercedes has given Schumacher a car that can allow him to take the fight to the front... It will be that much better to be able to rub it in my buddy's face that Button beat Schumacher in a car that wasn't horrible. :D

Williams FW33 (interim livery):

barr_will_vale_2011-5.jpg

I'd really really like to see Williams return to competitiveness. I hate to think Rubens missed out on his last chance with the Brawn car in 2009. I was happy to see Jenson win in 2009, but also sad to see Rubens miss out. He's easily one of my favorite drivers on the grid and it's still great to see the amount of excitement he brings to the sport, despite being one of the "old" guys. Still think Williams made a huge mistake by letting Hulkenburg go in favor of Maldonado, though.

Here's an interesting couple shots of the Renault R31 as well:

JLE0965.jpg

JLE0970.jpg

I didn't notice this when looking at launch pictures, but the exhaust exit on the Renault is radically different from every other car. It actually appears to exit near the sidepods, rather than at the back. I imagine this is Renault's concept to help the blown diffuser. Should be interesting to see how that pans out. Don't know if they're having issues with it specifically this morning, though, as Petrov has set very few laps in comparison to all the other teams at this point.

I'm very happy to see F1 cars again.My favourite red cars look good but Lotus Renault this years combination of colours are grat,Mercedes has got interesting front end.
For firs test resaults RB look strong,disapointment for Mercedes both cars had problems.
As a Fernandos and Ferrari fan I say that he will be this year WC.Ted,Jack and others what do you say who are your favourites?

The Sauber's appearance is my favorite: very business-like, very German, and so white, suiting a Japanese driver perfectly.

Most of the others' livery look like they are trying to sell cheap beer.

Re: Mercedes; hope springs eternal

I'm sure it's just the angle or the colors or lack of bold but busy graphics, but the Merc looks simpler, smoother, easier on the eyes; :smile: at least sitting still. :rolleyes:

They went back to the single intake over the driver's head instead of the 2 sliver slot like intakes on the sides last year.

Hopefully they got a good jump on this year last year. But I fear they may be 2nd tier again, typically fighting with Renault and Macca for 4th - 6th.

JMHOWTFDIK? :rolleyes:

I'm pulling for Merc again this year. The more of an underdog Schumi is, the higher my hopes get. Go figure. I really hope they get the tire strategy down this year though. Some of those mistakes last year were hard to watch. I'm also not a Rosberg fan, but if he can be a bulldog at the starting line, he could see a few more podium finishes.

I think Renault is going to make a strong appearance and. I'm also pulling for Williams to return to competitiveness, but I hadn't realized they let Hulkenberg go. Too bad. I know he didn't finish quite a few of the early races in 2010, but his qualifying run in the rain was an eye opener

Re: Yeah, too bad for Hulky

......but I hadn't realized they let Hulkenberg go........

but it was just about money.

Williams needs it more than ever and the Maldanodo backers' wheelbarrow of cash literally saved the team. Or so some say. And "going public" is the F-1 equivalent of standing on the traffic island with a cardboard sign. :redface: Waddya gonna do?

Am I the only for Fernando and Ferrari here at prime?I see that you guys love Mercedes and McLearen but thats ok I will feel better when red cars starts to win.:biggrin:

Re: Well that has-been Shawn was here........

once upon a time, but it looks like he's abandoned us. :confused:

Am I the only for Fernando and Ferrari here at prime?I see that you guys love Mercedes and McLearen but thats ok I will feel better when red cars starts to win.:biggrin:

IIRC, PonyBoy loves the Red cars. But he's probably bought a Ferrari and is over on Ferrari chat now. JMHOWTFDIK? :rolleyes:

Oh, on 2nd thought, he might be sleeping on a cot in an snow-bound airport somewhere; poor guy had to commute a lot.

To not respect Ferrari after all this years,you must be funny guy.

They stay away from "team orders" for a couple of seasons and I'll re-think my support.

Re: Team orders are history

The ban has been lifted. Simply unenforceable.

Well, they're gone for now. Probably be back in a few years. F-1 rules are like the weather; just wait, it'll change. :biggrin:

Edit:

"Vote Palin/Kardashian 2012"

No, no, no, that makes no sense; It's Schrute/Palin in '12. Now there's your winner. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Would we kid you?

Re: Have I ever kidded you?

I hope your kiddin buddy!
But whatever, one does not kid about Dwight K. Schrute. :mad:

I've been thinking a lot about the upcoming concord agreement. It's nothing to be trifled with you know. And it occurs to me that Bernie is getting old and tired and may not even be here for that fight. :eek: Then what happens? I predict that if Dwight doesn't run for President, mad Max Mosley will arrange for him to take over for Bernie and put those FOTA and Ferrari farmers in their place. Why would I kid about a thing like that? :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-rVUMRBj9E&feature=related

Attachments

• DwightSchrute[1].jpg
    DwightSchrute[1].jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 43
I never thought I'd see the Telcel logo on an F1 car, Sergio will do good.
I saw him winning at Hockemheim this year, He might look a little goofy but he drives pretty good.
Him and Kobi..cant wait.

-MSR
sauber_c30_studio_2011-3.jpg

Aren't the front wings just getting bizzare!!!!!!

It seems like the clean 1990 F1 cars were 1,000,000 years ago!

So after posting the fastest lap at Valencia , kubica suffer a crash while rally racing today.
He suffer injuries to arm, hand and leg.

Some reports on twitter said that his hand did not have to amputated but is too soon to know functinality !!

This means he probably will miss testing at jerez and even maybe the opening in Bahrain, which means that Bruno senna may be stepping onto the lotus/Renault since he is their third driver..

Damn !!

-MSR

I can't really see Renault or whatever it's called this year going with Senna as their driver. They need an experienced #1 driver, and as much as I like young Senna I think it would be too much to ask that he come into that team and lead!

As Joe Saward says......

There is no doubt that the accident is a major blow to the Lotus Renault GP team as Kubica is the star of the operation. Vitaly Petrov is not yet ready to be the team-leader and the team’s reserve drivers Bruno Senna and Romain Grosjean are neither very experienced in F1 terms. Senna would be the obvious choice as he did most of the 2010 season with the HRT team, although Boullier might also look beyond the team as it might be possible to extract Nico Hulkenberg from his reserve driver role at Force India. Nick Heidfeld, Kimi Raikkonen and Tonio Liuzzi are also very experienced drivers who are available.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/

Back