The NSX Regret thread

I regret tracking my automatic as a newbie at NSXPO in Vegas last year. I blew my transmission ($3,250 including shipping back to SoCal). I also regret spinning out three times, how else does one get rock chips on the sides of the car? The one consolation was that I had a blast doing it, particularly when I began passing!

regret selling both my 91 and my 97...a 911 is not filling the void....time to start looking for a new one!

I regret blowing tens of thousands of dollars on RX7's for years instead of buying a NSX.

My only regret is not driving it more, but we can always work on that. :biggrin: Im ready for NSXPO 2011:wink:

Not a single regret. NSXPrime was almost single-handedly responsible for me originally deciding to go with an NSX; then it was how I met the person who had it for sale and sold it to me. And if anyone should have regrets, it should be me .. I bought the car with 90k miles already on it .. from a guy I didn't know .. in another country .. who tracked it for fun on the weekends .. and basically sight unseen .. and I had plans for it to be my daily driver .. year round in the Great White North.

But again, it was NSXPrime who helped me understand the risks; understand that well maintained high mileage (and tracked) cars aren't ticking time bombs; helped convince me that putting my faith/trust in M.Basch's mechanical skills (two separate TB jobs, 80k miles apart) was smart; helped me evaluate and make good choices on mods (RM Racing exhaust; Cantrell Headers; Prospeed ECU; SOS ABS upgrade; Hugo window mods; baffled oil pan; etc) and helped convince me that NSXPO was worth driving 3k miles to attend and that paying for 2 days at SMMR would be worth it.

Ten years and 90k miles later I can honestly say I don't have a single regret. In part, I can only say that because of the collective knowledge of the people on Prime who have unknowingly contributed to helping me make good decisions; helped me plan and complete projects; helped me understand how things work and gave me the confidence to DIY. It has been an amazing and extremely enjoyable ride.

i regret buying my nsxt cuz after 1.5 months of owner ship less then 5k miles the engine rod went bad and F up the motor. installed a 3.2L for about 8500 about a week and half after the original 3.0 went bad and 1.5 month later a little lesser then 1500 miles the engine is making noises again. sound like rod bearing or the crank shaft...=\...prolly thinking after about 8500 spent and its bad again. WHAT A FEELING! its like a gamble and took a LOST. now im car less cuz it was my Daily driver..great.........i hate this car soo much....but it look soo nice but i cant afford to keep it if its going to cost me 8500 every 2 months....

i regret buying my nsxt cuz after 1.5 months of owner ship less then 5k miles the engine rod went bad and F up the motor. installed a 3.2L for about 8500 about a week and half after the original 3.0 went bad and 1.5 month later a little lesser then 1500 miles the engine is making noises again. sound like rod bearing or the crank shaft...=\...prolly thinking after about 8500 spent and its bad again. WHAT A FEELING! its like a gamble and took a LOST. now im car less cuz it was my Daily driver..great.........i hate this car soo much....but it look soo nice but i cant afford to keep it if its going to cost me 8500 every 2 months....

car still drivable but you hear something in the engine like its loose. but im not going to take any chances..im gonna drain the oil and check everything. im sure its fixable but im gonna have to source some parts =\ hopefully its cheap since im doing my own labor. i need a car to drive again.

Regret not beeping my horn and waiting patiently while a guy in a big pickem truck had a discussion with his wife while she got in and out of the vehicle 2-3 times. Once she got in he proceeded to back up into my left front fender destroying it, my rim, tire, and upper a-arm.

Those damn horn buttons are hard to find when you are in panic mode.:eek:

Next time I will be an impatient a-hole and let him know I am back there.

Last edited:
Would you consider this more exclusive:

splash-agera-r-04-1080x550.jpg

The reverse lights are not exclusive.

4-FD-Rear.jpg

Man it sucks to own a dream car and it turns out to be a nightmare. If I were you, I probably would sell it and buy another one or get another type of car altogether if the financial situation permits. Good luck man !!

car still drivable but you hear something in the engine like its loose. but im not going to take any chances..im gonna drain the oil and check everything. im sure its fixable but im gonna have to source some parts =\ hopefully its cheap since im doing my own labor. i need a car to drive again.

Probably 5-6 years ago now, but I regret buying the 2 cheap and nasty Type-R rear wings from the parts for sale section here on prime... From memory, each one was around the USD$400 mark second hand from other prime members and with import and postage once landed they owed me about $1000 each!!!

One looked like it had been dropped and had been repaired so I was not going to put that on my car! And when another one came up for sale I purchased that only to realise that the build quality was as bad on that one as well so it was probably in the manufacture!

Secondly, the shape of both of these was flat and when it was put on the car they looked like they sagged a bit in the middle. It was an optical illusion because they were in fact flat, but the OEM Type R wing is curved slightly upward.

So I had wasted $2000 on wings which I will not put on my car because the quality does not fit with the rest of the build quality of the car! That money could have gone to the purchase of a proper quality Type-R wing like the one made by Procar Specials!

Still I did learn something about aftermarket parts and I suppose it was expensive but a lesson learned indeed! You get what you pay for!

The NSX can be an expensive daily driver...if its your only car I'd be selling it to get something cheaper and more reasonable for the budget.

Sucks to hear your dilemma.:frown:

I regret letting a S Cal shop work on my 1995 NSX, they screw it up royally and charged me double by blaming Honda.

No regrets on my current NSX; every penny spend was worth it.

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble. Hopefully it is something simple like a lost motion assembly or a loose catalyst. Fingers crossed for ya.

You hate the NSX?

Keep the NSX stock and it will last forever. mod it and take your chances on a rebuild

Geez.

Should have gotten a FD. At least the rebuilds are cheap. Last rebuild I did with street porting before I sold the car (bought the NSX) cost me $1500 parts and labor (including R&R the engine). Rotary engines have 3 moving parts. Not all this business of a piston engine.

-Going with DF 02+ parts (fiberglass is hard to get smooth) If I was to do it again I would have gone OEM.

More details please. Bad fitting, bad quality?

Let me know because I would like to buy the 02' rear valence, DF-R rear spoiler, diffusor sport, side skirts and door pannel.

If you suggest me to buy oem stock, I will. But about the door pannel, the DF advantage dont need to drill 11 holes in the door.

Thanks!

I regret blowing tens of thousands of dollars on RX7's for years instead of buying a NSX.

Well there isn't that much FD support in ur hood compared to the west coast with the tuners.

Also, u went crazy on the power. Had u kept it under 400HP with a proper tune it would have been much better.

I regret painting my calipers. Should have just powdercoated them. Now, I'll most likely have to redo them after a track event this fall. Unless I minimize the braking. haha

For track events I've had better luck with near chrome ceramic coating. Takes the temps like no problem and brake cleaners as well.

And it's the lowest of the ceramic coating for thermal properties at only 15%.

More details please. Bad fitting, bad quality?

Let me know because I would like to buy the 02' rear valence, DF-R rear spoiler, diffusor sport, side skirts and door pannel.

If you suggest me to buy oem stock, I will. But about the door pannel, the DF advantage dont need to drill 11 holes in the door.

Thanks!

The rear valance has a large gap between the stock bumper and valance that cant be closed up without extensive body work (defeats the savings over OEM if you pay someone to fix it). When looking down the side at the 02+ side skirts the material is wavy not like the OEM plastic ones. It's the nature of the material not the prep n paint / DF fault. I tried to save myself some money by getting the DF now its something that bugs me, and no1 else notices.

If I could do it all over I would have gone OEM and drilled the holes needed for the side skirts. They look good for the money but they are not OEM and you can tell if you know what your looking at.

Last edited:
Back