The NSX Regret thread

Why do you regret the 4.44 gears?? Fuel economy?

IMHO, for track use the 4.06 and 4.23 are just right and very good respectively. I try to minimize shifting and the 4.44 forces me into 4th on the road course and drag strip.

Fuel economy is obviously less but it doesn't seem like a drastic change. That said, my engine is 3.6L w/ ITBs and 725cc injectors. What the hell do I know about fuel economy! :biggrin:

I know this one is going to be a strange thread, but I think it may actually help a lot of people from making the same mistakes.

Please post about things you have done regarding your NSX that in retrospect, were mistakes. That way others will think twice. It can be anything from a mod you didn't like, to selling something you should have kept, to a place you parked, etc.

We always talk about things we like, but what things do you regret?

I will start, I'd like to hear from others:

I sold my 2005 shift knob. This was the best feeling, most well damped knob I have ever used. It was a mistake, I want it back.

I dun have any regrets on stuff that I bought for any of my cars since I take time doing research and cross checking. Hence why my local car guys just ask me what I have and copy me.

As far as ur knob is concern, I too did research and got the HEAVIEST knob. Since the heaviest knob will make shifting MUCH easier, more accurate and faster.

I regret buying the Tein Type Flex set. It was the first performance mod I did to the car and I thought,"It's an NSX... who would make junk for such a great car? Even the lowest priced set must be good. Wrong).....
J

I'm with u on the Tein Flex, but I bought the car with it on there so I can't take regret credits like u :tongue:

HEAVIEST knob. Since the heaviest knob will make shifting MUCH easier, more accurate and faster.

None of these are as good as my 05 knob. That was not just HEAVY, it had internal rubberized damping. And I sold it cheap. It was great.

None of these are as good as my 05 knob. That was not just HEAVY, it had internal rubberized damping. And I sold it cheap. It was great.

i dun feel that I missed the rubberized damping in my new knob.

I certainly dun miss the maintenance of an OEM leather knob (yes, I'm bit of a germa-phobe). Sticky from organic contaminants like palm sweat.

my only regret is not getting one sooner. would buy new Acura TL's
for 40K. but not a well maintained NSX for the same price.

I actually regret buying and modifying my NSX. I really should have bought a Gallardo instead. I think I would have been happier with it. :frown:

I actually regret buying and modifying my NSX. I really should have bought a Gallardo instead. I think I would have been happier with it. :frown:

until some high boost SOS SC beats the Gallardo like I did the other week ( I hope I dun get sent on vacation for this admission).

Or even worse...... see the repair and/or maintenance bills.

Regrets, none, just pissed I paid 40K on mine, then spent another 11 to make it look the way I want, but hey, I could have gotten a blue 02+ ... ARGHHHH lol

Would I do that again? YES! so, no regrets, just a bit frustration! haha

Oscar

I regret buying my 2002+ rims in a color I really don't like. The PO had them painted in a brown/gray that was supposed to replicate Honda Washi Gray. The wheels look more tan than anything, but enough brake dust makes them sort of look gunmetal. :rolleyes: Some days I like them, some days I don't. I should have waited until a gunmetal set came along, but I was so excited to have the car and got such a good deal ($1500 for wheels and new Yokos) that I jumped. Now I have to spend $1000 on a refinish to gunmetal. :mad:

Mine were painted dark grey by the po and I want them back to Solaris Silver. Got a quote from a local commercial powder coat company @ $65.00 per rim. Dropping them off tomorrow, hope it turns out well but based on my past experience with powder coating I expect better results than paint and more durable too.

Peter

until some high boost SOS SC beats the Gallardo like I did the other week ( I hope I dun get sent on vacation for this admission).

Or even worse...... see the repair and/or maintenance bills.

Yeah but based on my track record I'd probably twin turbo the G and push 1,100+ whp out of it.

Actually I'm done with the big power builds. Now I'd prefer something more exclusive and georgous to look at.

Yeah but based on my track record I'd probably twin turbo the G and push 1,100+ whp out of it.

Actually I'm done with the big power builds. Now I'd prefer something more exclusive and georgous to look at.

Would you consider this more exclusive:

splash-agera-r-04-1080x550.jpg

Haha, absolutely and I LOVE that car. But it's a bit out of my price range. All the money I dumped into my NSX, I could have easily gotten a used Gallardo. I should have taken the Gallardo instead.
B, How can we help renew your interest (love?) for your NSX. You wanna trade for a while so you can realize how much more of a car you have vs. mine?

Overmodding the car. I should have just bought the Comptech SC early on and then been done with it. Modding the car resulted in me not driving the car for almost 3 years of ownership.

Happy now with my setup but still miss the 3 years of driving bliss.:biggrin:

Not buying a new 2001 red coupe when I had the chance. It would have stretched my finances at the time, but I could've swung it.

I regret not buying one back in 2005 when I bought a BMW 745 instead(big mistake) but made up for it in 2008 and have been a joy since

Haha, absolutely and I LOVE that car. But it's a bit out of my price range. All the money I dumped into my NSX, I could have easily gotten a used Gallardo. I should have taken the Gallardo instead.

I wouldn't. At least I didn't bother to buy a an LP-560-4.

I guess I'm nuts :tongue:

Back