The New Acura NSX - Rendering Confirmed!

I just met with a dealer that attended the closed-door debut of the new NSX in Las Vegas. I handed him the rendering below. I asked him to study it carefully and confirm the authenticity. He said it is 99.9% accurate.

He went on to say the actual concept car didn't look *exactly* like the Avenger's car, but they were extremely close in similarities. The concept car was light blue in color. No interior details were shown. No engine details were given, except it would have SH-AWD. No release date and no price. And finally, he said everyone in the auditorium gave it a standing applause.

THIS is the new NSX! :smile:

Attachments

• 2014-AcuraNSX.jpg
    2014-AcuraNSX.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 3,417
Last edited:
This just looks like a hardtop version of the Avengers car. Note how the front, doors and mirrors are IDENTICAL.
attachment.php

new-acura-nsx-supercar-2013-avengers-feat.jpg

So there are no real details except for that it kinda looks like the Avenger's movie car.

I'll believe the next NSX exists when I see it in the showroom. However by the time that happens I'll probably have a prancing horse in my garage.

Yes, the beak is still an issue but overall it is progress - albeit marginal.

If design is true to the final version, the emphasis seems to be on modern (ie as in gadgetry) look rather than in a modern but classic look that can withstand a decade or two of competition.

The 1991 design with a few upgrades of wheels and the nose (front fender opening cross bar needs to go) is still a classic that can hold its own. Just my $0.02

I don't think it's half bad, it's as good or even better than the HSC or that pig they showed few years back. The HSV race car looks better though. This one reminds me a little of the R8.

The rendering that the OP posted looks great. I've seen that posted elsewhere and must admit that it is pretty good looking, though, I agree with e.pie, that stupid beak, "plenum" thing has got to go. It is one of the most ghastly design statements I've seen in a long time.

I think the design is great! I think with a couple of final detail will be perfect.. I think this made my day! Haha.. So with this who are confirm that they will go to Detroit Auto Show?

critiquing the rendering since its good fun:

I would think on the final production model that there there would be less plastic crap up front to allow for greater airflow to the radiator(s)
(assumption that the radiator is similarly located in the front)

the angle of the A pilars is off... they would likely be more "sloped"

the rear "arch" isn't detailed, actually the rear looks like my neighbors camaro

it needs a big ass old school antenna sticking out of a rear quarter

and a wing of some sort

I'm psyched. This is so much better than anything else we've seen.

Just don't sell your NSX. Otherwise, you'll end up on that thread with the other dweebs that sold their NSX to "upgrade" to Ferrari and then bought another NSX after 2 or 3 years. :D Don't be that guy.

So there are no real details except for that it kinda looks like the Avenger's movie car.

I'll believe the next NSX exists when I see it in the showroom. However by the time that happens I'll probably have a prancing horse in my garage.

Just don't sell your NSX. Otherwise, you'll end up on that thread with the other dweebs that sold their NSX to "upgrade" to Ferrari and then bought another NSX after 2 or 3 years. :D Don't be that guy.

I'll be keeping my NSX for a very long time. :smile:

It's ok...but my overall reaction. Meh! The beak, while not as prevalent is still there like some tumor that has yet to be removed. Also the lines on the side of the car harken back to the 80's and 90's Mustangs when they had those fake air intakes behind the doors.

I will agree it's better than other concepts, but still. If this is 99%, then Honda has hit at best, a double, which isn't bad, but it's not a home run. :smile:

I'll be keeping my NSX as well. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I have to admit it looks not bad. I wish the beak is gone (I guess the aftermarket will have to supply a new nose mod) and the side detail include intake vents for the (hopefully) mid-mounted engine.

They should put an hsc front end on it. No beak and it would look like an NSX instead of a TL.

Will someone please shoot the designer of the TL front end? Apparently he was in the drawing room when the next NSX was being designed.

Acura must be creating a buzz because some of my non NSX owner friends have texted me about the new NSX.

I just met with a dealer that attended the closed-door debut of the new NSX in Las Vegas. I handed him the rendering below. I asked him to study it carefully and confirm the authenticity. He said it is 99.9% accurate.

He went on to say the actual concept car didn't look *exactly* like the Avenger's car, but they were extremely close in similarities. The concept car was light blue in color.

THIS is the new NSX! :smile:

I'm psyched. This is so much better than anything else we've seen.

LOL No blue huh dipsh*t

Back