The Lexus... Not bad!

Jalopnik.com said:
What a lovely little gift from ToMoCo -- did you get us the next-generation Prius? Oh, it's something better -- but what could it be? How about a concept sports car, which Toyota plans on revealing at the 2007 Detroit Auto Show next month, which does share one thing in common with the little-hybrid-that-could -- it's got one of ToMoCo's hybrid synergy drives. But wait a second, a sports car with a hybrid motor-- no V8? Of course not, this is Toyota we're talking about -- the computer geeks at Calty Design Research, Toyota's design studio in Newport Beach, California have mated the electric drivetrain with a 3.5-liter V6 (more than likely the same one used in the Lexus GS 450h), which ToMoCo claims when stuck together, and with fairy dust liberally sprinkled in it'll produce upwards of 400 hp (that's just a wee bit of an increase from the 292 hp made by the GS engine) and a four-second range on the 0-60 time. Although a sports car without a V8 engine may seem strange and scary to many an 'merican driver -- the Calty folks claim "a hybrid powertrain will have a certain quotient of respectability that you won't find in a supercharged big-block V8." While I don't know if the majority of muscle car owners would buy...

thumb140x140_332203262_5679596873_o.jpg

332203237_0fd5e11351_o.jpg

thumb140x140_332203377_db87b51732_o.jpg

Found on jalopnik.com apparently it is a hybrid...

I like it-

discuss amongst yourselves...:biggrin:

clr1024 said:
has a lot of styling cues similar to the skyline prototypes

Unfortunately, like many of Toyota's designs, this still resembles a rejected chunk of sculpty.

Strangely though, I think toyota usually does some excellent front-end designs then falls short on the buttoning up the tail. I liked the Supra design front and back, but then that latest celica fell short on the tail again, particularly the lines that ride up along the rear fender ;( This looks similarly uninspired.

With that said though, I have no problem with the Hybrid aspect, so long as it only adds to the performance.

thumb140x140_332203262_5679596873_o.jpg

haha
saw one just like it this morning. but i flushed it :tongue:

That is actually a Toyota 350Z figher i.e possible Supra replacement. 3.5 V-6 with hybrid power. Priced from the low 30s.....

I was just about to say, this car looks more like a Celica with a wild body kit on it. I can see it placed in the $30K market range.

As stated above... its suppose to use the new IS350 platform, and include a 2+2 configuration similar to a G35 Coupe. Think G35/350Z and your right on target. The Lexus version is actually based of a completely different platform and is said to use many LS460/LS600h bits and peices.

The new Lexus IS450h is suppose to be a clone of this setup using the new Lexus Performance Marque.

As stated above... its suppose to use the new IS350 platform, and include a 2+2 configuration similar to a G35 Coupe. Think G35/350Z and your right on target. The Lexus version is actually based of a completely different platform and is said to use many LS460/LS600h bits and peices.

The new Lexus IS450h is suppose to be a clone of this setup using the new Lexus Performance Marque.
Lexus is working on the V-10 LF-A now, smaller than a 911, all out sports car.

The IS 450h is no such thing. the IS-F debuts tomorrow :), live broadcast at 11:15...
V-8, bigger brakes, over 400hp...M3 and RS4 competiton!

Back