Swapping a V8 into a NSX?

You guys really are worse than RX-7 owners and their rotaries... Someone wants to put something other than a C30 into a NSX? NEVER! IMPOSSIBLE!

For those of you calling V8s heavy, you don't even know if they're alumninum or iron! How can you even comment on that?

Svensko, you asked our opinions about your dream. Our opinions are that it is not a good path to take. Now you resort to name calling.

BTW, in your first post:
...it would be reasonable to have to find a wrecked trans am when I need a replacement block than spend a ton of cash on a longblock.
you mention getting an engine from a wrecked Trans Am. That indicates to me that it's NOT an aluminum block.

According to Wikipedia, and every person that knows anything about domestic cars...
The LS1 Firebirds, despite their poor sales, were among the fastest ever produced. They featured an all aluminum 5.7 L V8 designated the LS1, with 305 hp (310 after 2000), or 320 hp (325 after 2000) for the WS-6 (Ram Air) version. In 2001 and 2002, V8 models received a higher-flow LS6 intake manifold and higher performance clutch.

The LS1 shares little other than similar displacement, external dimensions, and rod bearings, with the earlier small-block V8 engines. It is an all-aluminum 5.7 L (346 in³) pushrod engine and was rated between 305 - 350 hp (227 to 261 kW) and 335-365 ft·lbf (454-498 N·m) of torque in North America, depending on the application.

:confused:

I'd forgive your ignorance if the information weren't so easily accessible.

Until we see someone chop up the rearend of an NSX and put a pushrod motor in the car, I think this thread is worthless. It's also obvious that my signature line may apply to a few contributing members of this thread. :rolleyes:

Back