Styling: Pre or Post 02?

Which styling do you like more?

• 1991-2001

Votes: 97 53.3%
  • 2002-2005

Votes: 85 46.7%

• Total voters
For those of us who prefer the Coupe, the 2002+ is not an option. For me, it is all about a Sebring Silver Coupe with a black roof, which limits me to 1991-1993 or someday painting a Zanardi or a 1997-2001 NA2 Coupe.

It is a preference based on personal taste. There is no right or wrong answer.

I couldn't agree more. They're both beautiful, just in a differenty way. I think the 2002+ looks more unique and exotic, and the 91-01 looks more classic and sporty.

I'd take an 05 with 91-01 styling if I could. I prefer the more natural, original approach. The 02+ also looks great [95% as good, very close], just not my 'style' persay.

For those of us who prefer the Coupe, the 2002+ is not an option. For me, it is all about a Sebring Silver Coupe with a black roof, which limits me to 1991-1993 or someday painting a Zanardi or a 1997-2001 NA2 Coupe.

Please don't paint a Zanardi! I want to eventually get one, and I love red. :wink:

It is highly unlikely that I will ever buy a Zanardi, or that I will paint it Sebring Silver, but I reserve the right to do so. :tongue:

This might offend people, but I think the pre-02 style looks really outdated and not even comparable when it sits next to any newer vehicle without the pop ups. For a car of this price, I'd like it to look relevant and competitive driving next to many of the new coupes that it is still able to compete with. Pop ups symbolize nothing but age in modern car designs which strongly outdates the pre-02s, while I can imagine the 02+ design to stay current with other coupes even five years from now.

Apologies aside, my gut reaction when I see the pre-02 NSX next to, say a newer vette or a viper is "well that car's much older... stylistically uncomparable" which matters to me when I am not shopping for a car that looks like an aged classic. The 02+ vehicles though still look great to me when I see them cruising next to any of the new coupes.

I plan to go the cheap route though, get an old body style and the first and likely only thing I'll do is convert it. No offense at all to anyone that prefers the old style, you have your tastes and I have mine :wink:

Kinda hate to say it but after watching 1NSX2NV pull up to my house in his 02+ while I was washing my 95, my 95 looked pretty dated. After a few days I was over it and back to thinking my 95 looked new again :biggrin: The 02's look much much better in person over pictures I think. I still prefer the 1st gen tailights and generally think that that model looks wider than the new model but I like the new valence better.

Back