Styling: Pre or Post 02?

Which styling do you like more?

• 1991-2001

Votes: 97 53.3%
  • 2002-2005

Votes: 85 46.7%

• Total voters
I say both are nice on their own. The pop up light looks demonish with the light down especially at night where as the new one looks like an energetic young woman. Either way the NSX is always good looking. Btw the newer NSX does not look complete without the Type-R makeover.

Pre 02 is one happy camper!

*compliments of nsxpixar.

12656nsxpixar-med.jpg

But really. Look at these front end pix and decide.

10518fd3d.jpg
15372AMGNSX-med.JPG

12332100_0069-med.JPG

6429nsx_barn_pix-med.jpg

Last edited:
Its hard to pick since the first body is what everyone remembers, but change can be good.

I picked older since its always on my mind:)

We're all going to be biased based on what we own.

At the same time, I love having a silverstone 02+ because the headlight matches the silverstone so I don't have to worry about the grey in the headlight casing.

I don't own an NSX yet, but I Have to lean with the 91-01's If its a type R or Type R Conversion then I like the 02+

02+ baby...pop ups:confused: you gotta be kidding me..LOL of course the best NSX is always the one sitting in your driveway:biggrin:

I prefer the rear valence and side skirts of the 02+ cars but do not really like the fixed headlights. I appreciate the fact that they weigh less, offer better lighting, etc. but I think they look a little funny.

Looking at the comparison pictures reminded me of just what I didn't like about the 02 front. The side marker lights of the original are perfectly integrated in the bumper. The newer bumper looks like they filled it in, sanded it down, and painted it.

Almost like what they did to Neo's mouth in the Matrix.

But really. Look at these front end pix and decide.

10518fd3d.jpg
15372AMGNSX-med.JPG

Come on man. If your gonna put up pics to compare, they've got to be of equal quality.:rolleyes: In those pics... Yes the pre-02' does look better. BUT, the the pic of the pre-02 has no background noise, sitting in perfect lighting, and all you can see is the front-end. Definitely taken by someone who knows how to use a camera. The 02+ is just sitting in a driveway... My 5yo could take that picture. :biggrin:

Pre-02. But if I end up with a Post-02 someday, I'll edit my response :biggrin: .

Hey, I'm just glad every day when I walk out in the garage and realize it's not a dream...it's actually mine!

when the 02 first came out, I about gagged:eek: cuz it looked like a freakin 3000GT:confused: But I have to admit that it is starting to grow on me...I think it is the new front bumper that I don't like...PoohBear did a conversion with a different bumper(more like the old one) and it looks great...

But the 91-01 is timeless and even looks cool with the pop ups up:cool:

either way, I'll always take the 91-93, cuz they didn't make Sebring Silver after that:tongue:

This poll will get one sided for sure. Majority of NSX owners on here own pre-02...hmmmm
But I do remember when 02 first came out, ALMOST everyone frowned upon it. But now I start to see conversions left and right (and those that want the conversion but haven't got to it yet)
just my 2 VND

Last edited:
2002+

Here are my reasons....it's UPDATED. Doesn't look old. Although many of you like the popup headlights, it's a thing of the past. But then again, alot of you like it for that reason alone.....the nostalgic aspect of it. Also the popup headlights make it look like many, many other sports cars of that era. Sure all newer sports cars have fixed headlights not but does any of them resemble the '02+ NSX ones? I can't think of any really.... If an NSX is coming at you from a far distance, it could be mistaken for alot of cars but if an 02+ NSX was approaching you from afar, it would be more distinguished because of the unique shape of the headlights and the front bumper opening.

This whole poll is subjective to opinion of course and will vary person to person and even with age in some cases. I'm a trendy person so I like the fresh, new updated look of it :)

Like many here have already done, If I had the money, I'd get an '02+ NSX or convert my 92 in a heartbeat.

I just bought my first NSX a few weeks ago, a 2000 Red/Tan NSX. While searching for an NSX, I was set on the 91-01 versions. However, when I first went to look at my car at the dealer, they also had a 2003 Red/Tan NSX on the lot. After agreeing to buy the 2000, I had to wait a few weeks to buy in order to avoid property taxes for a year. The whole time I had this sickening feeling that I was making a mistake and that maybe I should go with the 2003. I stuck to my guns, though, and now I'm loving the 2000. I've been forced to drive it to work every day this week and I just love walking up to it in the parking lot on my way to go home.

I will admit that the 2002+ version is growing on me. I'm still not crazy about the headlights (they look like some sort of weird eyes or something), but they're growing on me and I'll admit they do look more modern.

So, for now my vote is with the 91-01, but I don't think you can go wrong with the 2002+. I really think the new lights are just like a good adult beverage - they're an acquired taste. At first, they don't taste great, maybe even kind of gross, but then they start to grow on you to the point that you love 'em. This poll just proves that point, as it is a lot closer than the poll that was done just after the newer model was released.

2002+

If an NSX is coming at you from a far distance, it could be mistaken for alot of cars but if an 02+ NSX was approaching you from afar, it would be more distinguished because of the unique shape of the headlights and the front bumper opening.

unless it was a 3000GT:tongue: :biggrin:

91-01:cool: 02+:eek:

This poll will get one sided for sure. Majority of NSX owners on here own pre-02...hmmmm
But I do remember when 02 first came out, ALMOST everyone frowned upon it. But now I start to see conversions left and right (and those that want the conversion but haven't got to it yet)
just my 2 VND

This what I don't understand. There are NO kits to convert an 02+ to a 91-01 why is that? People don't try to convert their cars to NA1 NSX-R why not? I have yet to see a 02+ with 91-01 wheels ,but how many 91-01 do you see with 02+ wheels? The poll is about styling and apparently there is more to like about the 02+ than the 91-01. All you 91-01 guys can say is"I like pop up's" funny nobody else seems to or they'd still be in production somewhere:biggrin:

Back