Stock Market

Psycnosis, you're right on about trading small size. I'm playing with 1-5 lots on ES right now.

-awais

I sat at home trading for 9 months gained 80 pounds and never left.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear this. Thanksgiving was the first day I left the house in 20 days straight. For me this seems to happen a lot during the winter months anyways. Trading and research can really draw you in. I am going to start making myself go do something at least once every three days.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

steveny said:
I sat at home trading for 9 months gained 80 pounds and never left.

I hear this. Thanksgiving was the first day I left the house in 20 days straight. For me this seems to happen a lot during the winter months anyways. Trading and research can really draw you in. I am going to start making myself go do something at least once every three days.

Welcome Psycnosis! I look to pick your brain in the near future:D

I understand all this!!! Very familiar!! Like psycnosis said, I thought about getting a job for fun just so I can get OUT!!!! But for now Im getting out by hitting the gym and dancing lessons....and im still trying to think of ways to get out and do more....

anyone see IMCL jump today. Looks like this trade I posted on another topic will in fact pay off.

Say a 94 NSX is 37k so the monthly payment would be roughly...811.98 per month at 6 percent. Instead of buying the NSX...

Buy 1000 shares of IMCL @ $35.99 (today's close) total of 36k.
Then turn around and sell 10 of the December covered calls with a 40 dollar strike price for $1.95 each. This would net you $1950.00 a little less after commissions. But still enough to make the payments on two NSX's with the same pile of money.
Better yet if IMCL is 40 or above on expiration day the shares will be swept out of your account at 40 dollars each share. You will collect another 4.01 per share or a total of 4001.00 plus the 1950 for a grand total of $5951.00 minus commissions.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25110

I bought the shares at 34.69 not 35.99 so I will make more than mentioned above if they hold above 40.

Greek

I admire those who are able to make money on the market. Unfortunately, it is all greek to me. Back in the days the closest I have ever come to the market was playing W$raider game. It was fun since it was not real money. Good luck I hope you guys make some extra $$$$$$$$$

Re: Greek

saxonsaxon said:
I admire those who are able to make money on the market. Unfortunately, it is all greek to me. Back in the days the closest I have ever come to the market was playing W$raider game. It was fun since it was not real money. Good luck I hope you guys make some extra $$$$$$$$$

saxonsaxon - have you ever tried virtual stock exchange?

http://game.marketwatch.com/Home/default.asp

Re: Re: Re: Greek

O-Ace said:
That looks cool. Maybe we should start a private NSXPrime contest on that site :D

sounds good.
your overall equity starts off at 1 million.
i feel like i'm playing monopoly. :D
any plans on that chatroom?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Greek

beeker16 said:
sounds good.
your overall equity starts off at 1 million.
i feel like i'm playing monopoly. :D
any plans on that chatroom?
I think the idea was to just go into the NSXPrime chat room during the day for a market discussion. :confused:

Btw, I'd prefer to start the game with $100,000 instead of $1 Million :cool:

Psycnosis, I believe the NSXPrime chat room is real-time but we were planning on just chatting; not making market calls.

-awais

Psycnosis said:
Yes, Marty is a good guy and I know a Friend of his who turned me onto his stuff.
I've read his book. Cool guy for sure.

Btw...do you have yahoo messenger?

Back