• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

STMPO's NSX Front Strut Tower bar...NA1 & NA2 working windshield wiper application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: STMPO's NSX Front Strut Tower bar...NA1 & NA2 working windshield wiper applicatio

Hey Ross,
If I have the NSXR front and rear chasis bar and Zanardi sway bars. Will this STMPO Front Strut Tower Bar be fine with this combo or do you recommend I change the combo?

Re: STMPO's NSX Front Strut Tower bar...NA1 & NA2 working windshield wiper applicatio

Last edited:

Hey Ross,
If I have the NSXR front and rear chasis bar and Zanardi sway bars. Will this STMPO Front Strut Tower Bar be fine with this combo or do you recommend I change the combo?

Keep the lower chassis bar, either dump the upper R chassis bar or add the STMPO FCB to the whole setup. The FCB is a much better piece.

Not sure what this has to do with your sway bars. The chassis bars stiffen the chassis, the sway bars affect handling. The R front and rear Zinardi is a combo many have gone with, some like it and some don't. It depends on your dampers and springs. The Zinardi rear bar is stiffer than the factory rear 02+ Type R sway bar. I believe the 2003-up rear sway bar on a standard NSX-T is the same as the rear Type R sway bar. What I am not sure about is if it was 2003 or not, but I know for certain the rear 2005 sway bar is the same as the rear Type R sway bar. There is a thread somewhere on sway bars that has all the models listed by thickness and diameter. Your current setup is biased a bit more toward oversteer than the factory R sway bars (not taking into account the R coilovers)

Keep the lower chassis bar, either dump the upper R chassis bar or add the STMPO FCB to the whole setup. The FCB is a much better piece.

I have this set up too.

So I should just add FCB and keep the rest of the setup? Whats FCB? Is that the Front strut tower bar?

STMPO Front Chassis Brace. You can keep the R ones, as STMPO does not currently make anything for the lower chassis location, but it really reduces the role of the upper chassis R brace to nothing. I kept mine because it's just more work to remove the old ones and they don't hurt. Or you can remove them and sell them to someone that currently has no bracing at all.

Sorry these parts are confusing me. So, I should get FCB for the upper chasis bar and sell my Type R upper chassis brace Correct?

Also what about the Strut Tower brace should that be added to the mix Turbo2go? Or I meant do you also have the Strut tower brace?

STMPO Front Chassis Brace. You can keep the R ones, as STMPO does not currently make anything for the lower chassis location, but it really reduces the role of the upper chassis R brace to nothing. I kept mine because it's just more work to remove the old ones and they don't hurt. Or you can remove them and sell them to someone that currently has no bracing at all.

I noticed a bigger difference when I installed the front strut tower bar than I did with the front chassis brace. BUT I already had the FCB on there when I added the FSTB. You can't go wrong with either or both of them if you ask me.

Sorry these parts are confusing me. So, I should get FCB for the upper chasis bar and sell my Type R upper chassis brace Correct?

Also what about the Strut Tower brace should that be added to the mix Turbo2go? Or I meant do you also have the Strut tower brace?

Yes, the type R chassis bracing is two parts. Upper, and lower. Upper bar goes behind front bumper, it is a straight bar. Lower bar is curved. The STMPO FCB replaces your upper type R chassis bar. It also replaces the two HEAVY tow hooks (as they are built in). So it doesn't introduce much weight to the car.

Ross always says the piece that makes the biggest difference is the rear strut tower bar. I do not have his, I have the Comptech brace right now. The rear strut tower brace will be part of a full rollbar he is working on building for my NSX because I track my car.

The STMPO front bar looks impressive.

Unfortunately, I am required to have BOTH windshield wipers working

Is there a way to fit the STMPO bar and STILL make the passenger wiper working?

The STMPO front bar looks impressive.

Unfortunately, I am required to have BOTH windshield wipers working

Is there a way to fit the STMPO bar and STILL make the passenger wiper working?

IMO there is no way to get real bracing in that location without losing the passenger side blade.

IMO there is no way to get real bracing in that location without losing the passenger side blade.

I run without the passenger side wiper assembly, IN SEATTLE where it rains 5/6th of the year. A wax once every couple of weeks or a windex and you'll see the rain just trickle down at stop signs, and fly over the car when torque is applied. Really, it's not a big deal.

Plus you save like 15 -20 lbs. It's a big difference, especially up that high.

Huh? save 15-20 pounds how??

Huh? save 15-20 pounds how??

I'm not sure about just the passenger side wiper assembly, but the whole wiper motor and assorted levers on the NSX is very heavy unit. Never weighed it myself, but I would not be surprised if the unit would weigh something like 18 pounds all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back