• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

STMPO's NSX Front Strut Tower bar...NA1 & NA2 working windshield wiper application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: STMPO's NSX Front Strut Tower bar...NA1 & NA2 working windshield wiper applicatio

My car is in storage so I can't check but can the wiper blade be changed for a longer unit to clear more windsheild now that it doesn't have to deal with the passenger one? Are we near the top of the windsheild or is there room to go bigger? I wouldn't care even if it went slightly over the top but cleared more of the side. That and a little rainX should work just fine. I started using that rainX washer fluid last year and almost had no need for wipers at all. Stuff is amazing!

I looked at it but have not tested it yet. It looks like you can only extend it 1". I can't see it going further than that. In Cali, it's not a big deal to have just one wiper with Rain-X.

Jeff

Re: STMPO's NSX Front Strut Tower bar...NA1 & NA2 working windshield wiper applicatio

Ross, can you kindly confirm that this bar is compatible with RHD cars? In your original post you mentioned that only 'working driver windshield wiper'. That will mean the driver side of RHD cars will not have a working wiper?

Honestly... since your on the other side of the world anyways.. carbing makes a fstb that is under 300.00 for RHD NSX's.

contact as motorsports... I believe he has access to them. Our FSTB will still require the passenger wiper modification...

I would love the sale but I would rather know you recieved a similar performing product with more functionality and less money.

Our product is superior on LHD NSX's... I wish we had a market for rhd's.

Good luck with it and LMK if you need a new paypal invoice sent.

Regards

Hi,

about this RHD wiper thing... are the RHD's wipers actually the very same as the LHD?? as in the wiper motor is mounted exactly in the same place and the wipes move exactly in the same direction??? or is everything mirrored (as the center console)??

if they are exactly the same, then the LHD's passenger would be the RHD's driver, but if they are mirrored, then i think this bar will work because everything would be the same, but mirrored (probably the STMPO's custom bracket would have to be mirrored also).

This would all be clear with a photo of the RHD's wiper assembly.

Nuno

EDIT:

found this photo online after a quick google search:

1243326829.jpg

Last edited:

My car is in storage so I can't check but can the wiper blade be changed for a longer unit to clear more windsheild now that it doesn't have to deal with the passenger one? Are we near the top of the windsheild or is there room to go bigger? I wouldn't care even if it went slightly over the top but cleared more of the side. That and a little rainX should work just fine. I started using that rainX washer fluid last year and almost had no need for wipers at all. Stuff is amazing!

If you watch your wipers move... you will notice that the driver wiper covers most of the wiping... that sounded wierd...

It's also another modification that helps "modernize the car".

So when your getting gas and some dude that never read a "Car and Driver" in his/her lifes asks.... "WOW... is that a ferrari or a lambo?"

you can say... no... It's a Zonda R

Pagani-Zonda_R_2008_02.jpg

LOL

Hi,

about this RHD wiper thing... are the RHD's wipers actually the very same as the LHD?? as in the wiper motor is mounted exactly in the same place and the wipes move exactly in the same direction??? or is everything mirrored (as the center console)??

if they are exactly the same, then the LHD's passenger would be the RHD's driver, but if they are mirrored, then i think this bar will work because everything would be the same, but mirrored (probably the STMPO's custom bracket would have to be mirrored also).

This would all be clear with a photo of the RHD's wiper assembly.

Nuno

EDIT:

found this photo online after a quick google search:

For everyone trying to figure out why it is that the RHD cars have 2-3 part manufactures to chose from and LHD cars never had a FSTB... also why on earth would we have to remake a braket for the wipers... and why is it so hard to do....

It's the frame that is different... one of the only true differences in the two bodys.

Look at the first pic.. I drew a line in Microsoft paint from a mounting hole for the plastic shroud.

I used the same hole on the second pic (LHD NSX)

rhd nsx.jpg lhd nsx.jpg

Hi,

answering AS, both taitec bars on the pics (RHD and LHD) seems like the same one, at least in shape.

Ross, that line you highlighted isn't what i'm talking about, because i think your bar would clear both chassi in that specific case. I'm talking about the way the wiper motor assembly and arms are mounted..they seem like mirrors, and if this is confirmed, i strongly believe your bar would fit both chassi because it's relative position to each wiper motor would be the same. I think that if anything needed to be custom made, would be the custom CNC bracket you did for LHD.

but hey, this is all theorically speaking.... if someone with a RHD offered to try your bar and take pictures, that would be awesome :wink:

I'll try to find pictures during the weekend and make some vector drawing over them so you guys can see what i'm talking about.

Nuno

PS - just trying to help

Hi,

answering AS, both taitec bars on the pics (RHD and LHD) seems like the same one, at least in shape.

Ross, that line you highlighted isn't what i'm talking about, because i think your bar would clear both chassi in that specific case. I'm talking about the way the wiper motor assembly and arms are mounted..they seem like mirrors, and if this is confirmed, i strongly believe your bar would fit both chassi because it's relative position to each wiper motor would be the same. I think that if anything needed to be custom made, would be the custom CNC bracket you did for LHD.

but hey, this is all theorically speaking.... if someone with a RHD offered to try your bar and take pictures, that would be awesome :wink:

I'll try to find pictures during the weekend and make some vector drawing over them so you guys can see what i'm talking about.

Nuno

PS - just trying to help

Nuno,

Thanks for helping man... my diagram was trying to show the frame differences... pictures are worth a 1000 words when you look at the correct part of the picture :biggrin:

lhd nsx 2.jpg

in this pic... pay attention to the white radius I drew in paint... that is the frame line of a LHD nsx. The amount of space to clear a "straight un-obstructed bar" doesnt exsist.

I am reffering you and Supercar to get the Taitec/Rought-KS/ or Carbing bar for two main reasons

1) They actually accomplish the same thing because the chassis allows for it (the Taitec RHD FSTB looks like this)

FT STRUT copy.jpg

2) It's cheaper and way closer for shipping reason's (AS Motorsports offers them and they are in the Neatherlands)

Here is a direct link to the product page on the AS website

http://www.as-motorsport.info/EN/nsx-suspension.htm

Trust me man... I'm not trying to talk myself out of a sale... I'm just directing you to the same performance gain for less money (one of the few times that will ever happen when comparing our products to others on the market)

I hope that helps... or at least I was able to explain myself better...

Regards

Ross, i don't have a RHD, my car is LHD, so all i wanted was to try to clear things to see if RHD owners could buy your bar....

either way... i will try to explain my point, visually, during the weekend :wink:

Ross, i don't have a RHD, my car is LHD, so all i wanted was to try to clear things to see if RHD owners could buy your bar....

either way... i will try to explain my point, visually, during the weekend :wink:

sweet

Hey Ross...you got email. Please add a FSTB along with the RSTB (both in RED) which I previously ordered. Track season starts next week:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Good job Ross.....another piece I may consider....still would have wanted both wipers to work, but hey I dont drive my car in rain anyways. :smile:

Good job Ross.....another piece I may consider....still would have wanted both wipers to work, but hey I dont drive my car in rain anyways. :smile:

The single wiper covers a good amount of the windshield. I don't drive in the rain either. However, if rain is expected then a combo Rain-X and single wiper will do the trick. :biggrin:

Jeff

Bump for a good piece but I have one question.....I forgot to mention that I am running the downforce hepa filter on my car with the cover they provided. I dont think this bar will fit with the hepa filter being there will it?

Theres quite a few of us running these cabin filters.

Hey Ross...you got email. Please add a FSTB along with the RSTB (both in RED) which I previously ordered. Track season starts next week:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Come on track rats if we're gonna get Ross to develop that lower R bar you guys gotta keep'em comin!

Come on track rats if we're gonna get Ross to develop that lower R bar you guys gotta keep'em comin!

Let me put it in plain english: :eek:BUY SOME SHIT DUDE!!!!!!!:eek:

My 100.00 off 3 bars offer still stands.......Buy 3 bars and I will eat 100.00 of your total bill.....offer expires in 2 weeks....go for it!!1

Last edited:

My 100.00 off 3 bars offer still stands.......Buy 3 bars and I will eat 100.00 of your total bill.....offer expires in 2 weeks....go for it!!1

He already bought and installed the rear and front bar and paid for this new front strut tower bar last Summer but still does not have it in his possession. hmmmm.... Maybe your post should be to STMPO and state (SHIP SOME SHIT DUDE) :wink:

Last edited:

He already bought and installed the rear and front bar and paid for this new front strut tower bar last Summer but still does not have it in his possession. hmmmm.... Maybe your post should be to STMPO and state (SHIP SOME SHIT DUDE) :wink:

LOL ...

Perry did buy it last summer but he wanted windshield wipers... we agreed on the deal that the new one would take a while but I wouldnt charge more... he's getting it for 100.00 less.

His 340.00 investment is yielding a 90.00 return in less than a year... thats like a 30% annualized investment return.

Thanks for opening the STMPO credit Union account Perry.... lol

on the FSTB - this is the last 100 piece order I had to make at laser..

assem1.jpg

Early next week we will have everything it takes to weld 50 of these... and for those that need to understand wait times... this is 2 pieces that cost 9 buck or so each... there are 5 otheres that average 10 bucks a piece... they charge the same amount to order 100 as they do 20.

7 laser parts - 100 pieces each - average of 9 bucks each = 6300.00 just to get the aluminum parts done... another 5k got the pieces for the windshield wiper bracket...

Thats why your still waiting Perry... tons of hours and 12 grand gets 1 new part to the community.

Thanks to all for considering our products.... sorry for the wait time for those who pre-paid... you helped us get to this point.

Regards

I accept paypal:biggrin:

LOL ...

Perry did buy it last summer but he wanted windshield wipers... we agreed on the deal that the new one would take a while but I wouldnt charge more... he's getting it for 100.00 less.

His 340.00 investment is yielding a 90.00 return in less than a year... thats like a 30% annualized investment return.

Thanks for opening the STMPO credit Union account Perry.... lol

on the FSTB - this is the last 100 piece order I had to make at laser..

View attachment 66910

Early next week we will have everything it takes to weld 50 of these... and for those that need to understand wait times... this is 2 pieces that cost 9 buck or so each... there are 5 otheres that average 10 bucks a piece... they charge the same amount to order 100 as they do 20.

7 laser parts - 100 pieces each - average of 9 bucks each = 6300.00 just to get the aluminum parts done... another 5k got the pieces for the windshield wiper bracket...

Thats why your still waiting Perry... tons of hours and 12 grand gets 1 new part to the community.

Thanks to all for considering our products.... sorry for the wait time for those who pre-paid... you helped us get to this point.

Regards

Texas91Brent will be sending you $100 deposit for the lower bar I want to get started in production :biggrin:

Was close to finishing install when I realized I have a large gap.:mad: The cowl is resting on top of the FSTB brackets. The brackets on my unit are different and appear to be much larger than the images in the above link. The overall profile seem taller.:confused:

Ross, what do you suggest I do...

DSCN0001.JPG

DSCN0002.JPG

DSCN0003.JPG

DSCN0004.JPG

DSCN0005.JPG

DSCN0006.JPG

DSCN0007.JPG

DSCN0008.JPG

Last edited:

Mine certainly does not have this gap. Hopefully, Ross can help.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back