Spotted: 02+ Imola in Plymouth/Northville, MI

Wow I wonder what it would take to get everyone out at the same time. What year is Andy's? Wow we need a white NSX in the group now.

Boy a yellow NSX with wipers and not afraid to use them....dramatic hush..LOL Duffers gonna get us for this:biggrin:

"what it would take to get everyone" :biggrin: I think party at Perry's!
Hunter House sounds very nice.

Hi to all, few random shots- That P Car CGT - just to hear it rev from idle (Carguy will like this!) I'd pay $5 each, so sweet! Appreciate that car, esp. on that Nov. fall drive. . .
Mark, I've not seen a white NSX yet... And only once in 26 years living in/around Detroit have I observed a buyer's market like this. So, BUY-BUY-BUY!! :tongue: PM me if you want BS input.
kreh! Checkin' out the Midwest billboard, huh? You and I bought NSX's near same time. You put aftermarket exhaust on your Kaiser? Do tell.

Keep those unindoctrinated (sp?) NSX MI owner spottings coming. I suggest we put some prospective dates out:
March 24 Sat. NSX Dinner, Des Plaines, IL
??? Spring - NSX Spring Fling?
May 26 Sat. Thinking of heading E to GTA: Woodbine Show-n-Shine, Etobicoke, ONT ( + charter fishing on Lake Ontario)
June 23 Sat. Gaylord, MI, Air Show: ???? St Ignace Car Show???: Bay Harbor C'Cours???
Anyday: NSX drive
Oct 4 NSXPO in the Buckeye! :eek:

WingZ, jeez, I hope you have the unit strapped back together with all those new parts for the end of March.

Definitely going to try to go Xpo.

As for local gatherings, I woud love to join up with the locals , but it might have to be sans NSX for the time being. I'm going to sit out this real estate market until it settles out a bit. The idea of being stuck with a house up here on this market is not too appealing when my job may require relocation again within a couple years. If it starts to turn around, I would LOVE to getoutta this apartment - trust me! I'm tentatively going to wait until this summer and start seriously checking it out. I ought to know a lot more about both by then.

I am new to the NSX community. How many people are here from Michigan??

Always good to have another NSX'r on board. What year and color NSX do you have? As Blodi said we'd love to have at any of our meets so please keep an eye out in this section for our get togethers.

Always good to have another NSX'r on board. What year and color NSX do you have?

In his profile:

1997 Monte Carlo Blue Supercharged

Love to see another rare color in the NSX. As far as I know that makes 2 of these in MI! The other one of course is Cody's "Mr. Lovefab" up in T.C. 8 Ga-Zillion HP NSX. :biggrin: :wink: Can't wait to see this bad boy this Summer. :smile:

In his profile:

1997 Monte Carlo Blue Supercharged

Love to see another rare color in the NSX. As far as I know that makes 2 of these in MI! The other one of course is Cody's "Mr. Lovefab" up in T.C. 8 Ga-Zillion HP NSX. :biggrin: :wink: Can't wait to see this bad boy this Summer. :smile:

Doh! Awesome to have another blue and supercharged to boot:eek: :eek: :eek:

Always good to have another NSX'r on board. What year and color NSX do you have? As Blodi said we'd love to have at any of our meets so please keep an eye out in this section for our get togethers.

It's a 1997 Monte Carlo Blue with Tan interior. The car originally came from Seattle and then on to Phoenix where the Mods were done. My brother is the previous owner and he was really involved with the NSX group. I hadn't seen another in Michigan but I'm glad to see there is a group here. What kind of events does the group get together for??

It will be 2 Monte Carlo Blue, Mine is a 98 with tan interior and turbo.

Awesome! You guys gotta meet up with us!

It's a 1997 Monte Carlo Blue with Tan interior. The car originally came from Seattle and then on to Phoenix where the Mods were done. My brother is the previous owner and he was really involved with the NSX group. I hadn't seen another in Michigan but I'm glad to see there is a group here. What kind of events does the group get together for??

We basically get together for spirited drives and cruises. This year though maybe we can get together and drive to NSXPO for those that can make it.

A meeting at Hunter House would be a first I'm not Ekin95 and his dad would be willing to go:rolleyes:

Miamimermaid is in Michigan? I don't remember seeing any posts from her in our Michigan roll calls. Oh well the more the merrier. So Tim can you post the number of colors we'll have if we can get everyone together?

Hey y'all... Yep, I'm West Michigan, near GR... Still here ;) And, eeks, yes, drove a couple times in the ~*flurries*~ ... verrrry interesting..... I've actually gotten quite the hang of it now (not in the NSX, but the 4x4).... I've become 'Winter Cultured' :tongue:

So..... when y'all meeting up next?? I have driven for the past several days with my Baby Girl..... gosh, she was pretty pissy, but got her spunk* back, after the month or so in hibernation.....

.... Can anyone tell me what needs to be done after the month or so of hibernation? She seems to be running well. However, the tires seem a bit 'off'.....

Sorry if it might seem a silly question but I've never lived in any climate cooler than one or two days of high 40s/low 50s, and she's never been 'docked' longer than a week at a time.....

p.s. That blizzard was absolutely amazing. I actually drove the TrailBlazer in it (I know a lil' nutty, but an exhilirating experience nonetheless... had to say I did it at least 'once' ;) ).....

Any suggestions welcomed....

ThaNSX* you all ~~~~

*Mermi*

Last edited:
you should be fine, my guess would be check your tire pressure and all that, the cold may cause the pressure to be a little low

jeez our X hasnt been started in 4 months i think maybe 3.....i cant wait to get her back out.

Hey y'all... Yep, I'm West Michigan, near GR... Still here ;) And, eeks, yes, drove a couple times in the ~*flurries*~ ... verrrry interesting..... I've actually gotten quite the hang of it now (not in the NSX, but the 4x4).... I've become 'Winter Cultured' :tongue:

So..... when y'all meeting up next?? I have driven for the past several days with my Baby Girl..... gosh, she was pretty pissy, but got her spunk* back, after the month or so in hibernation.....

.... Can anyone tell me what needs to be done after the month or so of hibernation? She seems to be running well. However, the tires seem a bit 'off'.....

No meeting plans are official yet ,but I'll post something for April. Hopefully we can all get together for the Ferrari spring drive. Those are a lot of fun.

When was the last time you changed the cars fluids? If your fluids are fresh I wouldn't worry about anything. As for the tires high performance ( summer tires ) rubber compounds get "hard" below 32 degrees so their going to feel rough or bouncy this time of year. As the temps rise they'll soften up again. Unless you have a leak your tire pressure should be fine after just sitting a month.

Sorry if it might seem a silly question but I've never lived in any climate cooler than one or two days of high 40s/low 50s, and she's never been 'docked' longer than a week at a time.....

p.s. That blizzard was absolutely amazing. I actually drove the TrailBlazer in it (I know a lil' nutty, but an exhilirating experience nonetheless... had to say I did it at least 'once' ;) ).....

Any suggestions welcomed....

ThaNSX* you all ~~~~

*Mermi*

Naw no silly questions your just getting used to the weather. Anyway check the Midwest section as this is where we post our get togethers. We look forward to meeting you and the other new members this year as we're shooting for record number of NSX's in one spot in Michigan:biggrin: . If we can get everyone together for the dream cruise we'll have some major NSX presence!

Guys and Mermi

Here's a nice not to technical breakdown of what happens when our tires get "hard" because of cold weather. Apparently the tech term is "glass transition". Here's a piece of the article

Changing temperature affects the tread compound's ability to conform and recover. As the temp gets low, it approaches the tread's glass transition temperature (Tg), which is a term for the point where the rubber stops acting like rubber and starts acting more like a plastic (stops recovering quickly). Tire traction can be very non-linear as you get close to this temperature. Grip can drop a lot over a small temp range.

Neal,

If you need help with your exhaust, let me know. I've done a number of them:wink:

Tim

Officially spring time now. Taitec GTLW on order.

Also let us know when that bad boy is installed. We want to hear it as this is the one Pops is looking @ to order.:biggrin:

2 LBBP (Perry and us)
4 red (Jim, Ryan, Remote, Nicks neighbor in B'ham)
1 Orange (Neal)
1 White (new MJK)
2 Yellow (Al and Andy)
1 Black (Devin)
1 Midnight Pearl (Cody)
1 Silerstone (Nick)

13 total Not bad. :wink: Hunter House? Me? Never! :wink: :biggrin: J/K. You know we are ther all the time. :smile:

Maybe 1 more red and 1 more black if we can find them out here. :wink: But we just have to find them.

I just saw a sebring 91-93 with the OEM 5 spokes on Beck & 5 mile today. Anyone know this one?

I just saw a sebring 91-93 with the OEM 5 spokes on Beck & 5 mile today. Anyone know this one?

Nope, not seen that one MJK.
Last Saturday about 1 PM, westbound I-94 Ann Arbor saw silver Audi sta/wag
very pretty gal ( LIZ ?) waving at NSX... :wink: Jorligan, you still have Audi wagon?

Back