• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honcho's Long Road to Imola Type-S Zero

General Update

Finally had a weekend with (relatively) nothing happening, so I took the time to wash the car. I've been driving it to work almost every day lately with the nice weather, so there's a good layer of pollen and road grit on it. I didn't scrub at all, just wet the car down, sprayed on the Mr. Pink foam, let it drip off and then rinsed. The PPF makes it so easy. My daughter cleaned the wheels with some PS-21 wheel cleaner (I love the smell). I dried the car with some Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray wax- I really like this stuff. No pics because my phone was dead lol.

I need to get the car in the air to fix the oil pan shield and re-clock the motor mounts. Then, it's time to remove the gauge cluster for calibration. I've been dreading it because it means removing (and likely breaking) my brand new knee bolster. While I'm in there, I'm going to replace the turn cancel unit and properly install the Momo Type-S horn button, since Spencer and I both forgot how to mount the ring and it's kind of kludged in there right now.

I'm still waiting for my replacement lower rear ball joints from Hardrace- they're supposed to ship this month. My right one is toast- the shaft is bent. @Big McLargeHuge spent like an hour cranking on the nut just to get it installed. I'm going to try and drive the car all summer and do that job in September before NSXPO. I'll also replace both rear wheel bearings at the same time.

Finally, I ordered some CF side scoops from ATR- Christian's part fits very well and has the factory offset spacers. Mike has some leftover Imola paint from the body bolts, so he'll shoot them and we can fit them on the car before XPO.
Driving that thing for daily activities must be such a treat!

Driving that thing for daily activities must be such a treat!
It's so good. :D It's like having a new NSX in 2024.

Edit: just after I wrote this, I drove the NSX home from work, ripping it through the gears. It's hard to describe how awesome the experience is...the car is SO dialed in.

Last edited:
Back