Special Order

give it a rest.... geesh this place is really starting to sound like a ricer haven.

Sotiniini, You need to get the hell off this post.

You are so determined set a foul tone it's pathetic. You voiced your useless opinion early on and then come back to confirm it with actual poll results. Goody for you, your right after all !. Now what?...Insult us all, saying we sound like a bunch of ricers??

spooler

Last edited:
No, you have it wrong.
A person who designs something put it in the public spotlight.
Therefore its a known risk that not everyone will like it.
Its actually not respectful to LIE and tell the designer a false opinion simply b/c one doesnt want to offend.

This is actually very true among designers. If I hang up something that blows - people will raise their hand, point, and say "that's a piece of shit on paper." Anyone who hangs up some artwork better be prepared for criticism, or don't hang it up.

Most of the stuff hung up looks like a Mosler MT900. Definately a step down from the NSX.

As much as I wish we had an NSX successor - we don't. The ASCC is a change in philosophy - and we won't see a midengined car from Honda for a long time, if ever. Luckily Audi has the new R8 for what a new NSX would have cost. Go buy that.

I don't believe Honda will be anymore successful with this car (unless the production vehicle has more passion than the concept evokes) than they were with the NSX... I can see people buying an Aston over the Acura, or the new Lexus or the new Nissan over the Acura.

I predict Acura having another high-end sales failure and that this may be the last $75,000+ Honda ever.

Well well, you just cant take a little 'different opinion' eh?
I get slammed cause I state my unvarnished opinion, and thats fair game; but if I point out the hypocrisy, I get slammed.
take it like a man.
And yeah, if you gonna act this way, then I get to put in my .02-even if that means if it looks like rice, and blah blah blah.
Be a man, take a difference of opinion like a man.

Well well, you just cant take a little 'different opinion' eh?
I get slammed cause I state my unvarnished opinion, and thats fair game; but if I point out the hypocrisy, I get slammed.
take it like a man.
And yeah, if you gonna act this way, then I get to put in my .02-even if that means if it looks like rice, and blah blah blah.
Be a man, take a difference of opinion like a man.

This must be a joke. Are you sure you're not a F348 owner from Fchat?

What hypocrasy did you point out (and spell incorrectly)?
Why should our collective manhood be in question? Some of us spent $90,000 on our NSXs. How much is your intern salary affording you?

You aren't being slammed for any perceived hypocrasy. You're being slammed for (questionably) designing a laughingstock halo car.

The orange one is a much better version of the reverse B-pillar compared to the HSC. Actually, just flipping the B-pillar direction (yellow one below) makes it look a lot more like NSX . I may not be far off here, but I suspect Honda reverse the B-pillar of the HSC just to prevent it from looking too similar to the NSX.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I predict Acura having another high-end sales failure and that this may be the last $75,000+ Honda ever.

As do I. Unless this thing is priced <$75k, it will sit in dealer showrooms and collect butt prints from people leaning on it.

Performance stats don't matter anymore, less than $200k, because the space is so competitive. The only thing that differentiates is brand and exotic/special look. The ASCC has none of either.

The Audi R8, sans-Senna, is EXACTLY what the NSX was 15 years ago.

Unless this thing is priced <$75k, it will sit in dealer showrooms and collect butt prints from people leaning on it.

Ditto you point. Honda's solution of fixing lackluster mid-engine sales by changing to the FR layout is comparable to getting a divorce and marrying somebody else when the problem resides in the person himself. Honda problem with the NSX wasn't the mid-engine lightweight formula but the lack of timely updates. You simply cannot milk a generation for 15 years!

It just frustrating to see Honda built such a legacy with the NSX and then they abandon it thinking the problem is mid-engine layout. No you dumb$#@! The problem is lack of mangement commitment to give it a proper update. Now they think the FR platform is more mainstream so that will get them more volume. I doubt that, now you are just trying to fit in a crowded room. In general, the GT crowd is different than the mid-engine crowd in that you have more jewelery buyers in this market compared to enthusiasts. And guess what, Jewelery buyers want the established marque so they can show their name brand emblem to their friends and co-workers.

Stop screwing around Honda. Internalize your mistake and fix the issue of timely updates. Porsches mainstream sports cars are 6 cylinders. The 6 cylinders has been around forever. They don't get criticized because they have build quite a following with timely product updates and products that are pure in execution. Their consistency on these marks is a key to what makes them successful. Honda has applied this concept on their mainstream cars like Accord, Civics, and TL. Somehow, with their recent sports cars, all this sound practice just goes out the door.

comparo

Audi's fender wells are huge..
I enlarged rims and lowered Audi for better stance than stock.

Attachments

• r8 2.jpg
    r8 2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 608
Last edited:
This must be a joke. Are you sure you're not a F348 owner from Fchat?

What hypocrasy did you point out (and spell incorrectly)?
Why should our collective manhood be in question? Some of us spent $90,000 on our NSXs. How much is your intern salary affording you?

You aren't being slammed for any perceived hypocrasy. You're being slammed for (questionably) designing a laughingstock halo car.

Eat some crow man; EAT some crow!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

And now you are going to mock typing and typos (especially where there are none)?
And if I have to point it out, then you wouldn't understand it.

Back