• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Southern Cali Members---Tires Group Buy Account

Many moon years ago, Bradley aka Malibu Rapper suggested that I go to America's Tire Co. for my needs as they take extra caution on our cars and take advantage of their "whatever happen" warranty. So far, I have been happy.

Today, we striked a conversation about a Group Buy account. Which mean as long as you on Calvin's black list, you're entitle to about 15% over cost plus shipping if applies.......dune buggy, go cart, roller skates.......even your NSX. :tongue: However, I like to know ho many would be interested in this deal. After that, I will request that you come down to America's Tire Co in Fountain Valley and open up your account in Calvin's Black list. ....and no you are not applying for Credit Card. As I said, a black list....name, address, phone, car(s). I know we can get atleast 25 members here.....Please put your name down ONLY if you're seriously interested.

***************NATIONWIDE SHIPPING AVAILABLE NOW***************************

1. Check out discounttire.com if you like
2. Call Tony or Jovi at 714.964.6266
3. Mention account "NSX SOCAL"
4. If you need to install on your car, make an appt. if shipping, do mention that too.

.................happy driving.

UPDATE: PER TONY.....
if you need to talk to anyone at
the store, ask for myself, Jovi, or Steve. Steve is the store manager,
just letting you know. The deal again is 15% above cost +S/H and no
install fee.

Last edited:
Where was this thread a few months ago - I'm in.

1. PoohBEAR
2. Malibu Rapper
3. Erick
4. Up2Yu
5. Hacura
7. CDX NSX
8. VanceWho?
9. awsomr1
10. A. Sayian

1. PoohBEAR
2. Malibu Rapper
3. Erick
4. Up2Yu
5. Hacura
7. CDX NSX
8. VanceWho?
9. awsomr1
10. A. Sayian
11. nsxbra (I am in if they can get Falken Azenis RT615)

RT615.jpg

Question--it's a "group buy" account but is there a minimum buy for individuals? IOW once we are on the list we can just call up and get what we need, anytime, as individuals?

Also, is there a list of products available or a website list? My decision is predicated on having access to the exact tires I want.

G

From my understanding, the GP account opens forever and subject to any purchase made. Just call the shop, and order anytime as individual. However, there are things that may happen beyond our plan such as managment changes and so forth. In this case, it is up to them whether to honor our GP account or not.

Again, I would need a minimum of commited 25 bodies that will come down to the shop and register.

NSXGMS said:
Question--it's a "group buy" account but is there a minimum buy for individuals? IOW once we are on the list we can just call up and get what we need, anytime, as individuals?

Also, is there a list of products available or a website list? My decision is predicated on having access to the exact tires I want.

G

PoohBEAR said:
From my understanding, the GP account opens forever and subject to any purchase made. Just call the shop, and order anytime as individual. However, there are things that may happen beyond our plan such as managment changes and so forth. In this case, it is up to them whether to honor our GP account or not.

Again, I would need a minimum of commited 25 bodies that will come down to the shop and register.

Thanks.

And as far as product selection?

Calvin,

Lets do a meet at the shop to sign up, just wanted a reason to drive the NSX. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Gil...it's all the same whether you need it now or tomorrow. Just sign up and you will be good for life.

coolnsx said:
Calvin, I don't need tires at this time but I would be interested. Thanks

James....I'll see what I can do as they do have about 500 parking spaces avail :D

PoohBEAR said:
Gil...it's all the same whether you need it now or tomorrow. Just sign up and you will be good for life.

Unfortunately, I just put four new shoes on the NSX last month but if it's good for life you can sign me up.

I benefited from one of the S2K guys managing an America's Tire in San Pedro a few years back (I think he's moved S. since then) to put tires on our old IS300 as well as two of my S2k's and had very good experience.

With four cars in the stable, for 25% off I might even come down to LA to pick them up rather than continue catering my local America's Tire store :wink:

But the question is 25% of what price list? The store price or the price on the web of their sister company? Store prices vary as they are almost always willing to be competitive with the web price as well as other retailers. But I was not aware that there was enough margin to offer 25% off and still make some money. Has anyone actually tested a purchase with the 25% off? YMMV.

Hrant...check your PM

1. PoohBEAR
2. Malibu Rapper
3. Erick
4. Up2Yu
5. Hacura
7. CDX NSX
8. VanceWho?
9. awsomr1
10. A. Sayian
11. nsxbra (I am in if they can get Falken Azenis RT615)
12. G-ster
13. Joshs
14. coolnsx
15. ediddynsx
16. Da Hapa
17. Hrant
18. YOUR NAME HERE

Hrant said:
With four cars in the stable, for 25% off I might even come down to LA to pick them up rather than continue catering my local America's Tire store :wink:

But the question is 25% of what price list? The store price or the price on the web of their sister company? Store prices vary as they are almost always willing to be competitive with the web price as well as other retailers. But I was not aware that there was enough margin to offer 25% off and still make some money. Has anyone actually tested a purchase with the 25% off? YMMV.

Exactly. Are we getting 25% off of a marked up rate? I may want to have some tires shipped and I need a reason NOT to use Tirerack.com.

And what is the selection?

Again, I understand signing up is free but it's the better part of an afternoon for me to come up there and sign up If they don't carry any tires I really want then I'd rather not bother.

NSXGMS said:
Exactly. Are we getting 25% off of a marked up rate? I may want to have some tires shipped and I need a reason NOT to use Tirerack.com.

And what is the selection?

Again, I understand signing up is free but it's the better part of an afternoon for me to come up there and sign up If they don't carry any tires I really want then I'd rather not bother.
Good questions guys. Calvin?

Selection shouldn't be a problem as they have many locations and a huge warehouse somewhere. On top of that, they are part of Discount tires. Hrant will call for quote on that 25% discount from the vendor and I am sure he'll let us know of the outcome. Keep in mind, I have no association with the vendor nor I earn any compensation from them. I am just passing the wealth........if any coming out of this. If you really need tires immediately, I would suggest you PM me. I'll give you the number to the person that handles the quote. You will be the judge whether "IF" the 25% is worth while "IF" we were to set this up. But until then, alllllllllllllll are just a BIG FAT "IF".

Da Hapa said:
Good questions guys. Calvin?

Yep, I placed the call.

They said to go to America's Tire Company website (ie Discount Tire Direct) and use the retail price listed and then take 25% off :eek:

I asked how could they keep margins given how competitive this business is. They said they expect volume and are looking at this for the long run as business opportunity. Not sure what that means as managers change almost every 6 mos at such stores - at least the ones up here in Sacto.

I asked quotes on two tires. The OEM Bridgestone RE 040 in 17/17 and the Toyo RA1 in 17/17. Will also find out if there are hidden costs such as higher shipping and handling costs, mounting and balancing must be done there at higher price per wheel ....... I will know tomorrow.

The way I look at it is if this 25% pans out, we have everything to gain and nothing to lose even with shipping - saves me the trip :wink:

Sign me up, I'm going to need a set in the next month

Back