Solicitation for NSXPO2010

Hello all,

I would like to announce that the NSXCA Board of Directors is now accepting bids for venues of NSXPO 2010. If you want a future NSXPO to be held close to your locale, now is the time to put together a proposal to make that happen.

NSXPO2009 has been awarded and will be held in Toronto, Canada from September 24-29, 2009. The deadline for the submission of bids for NSXPO2010 is May 31, 2009, and the venue will be decided upon by July 30, 2009. The board reserves the right to modify the deadlines if the situation warrants it.

For proper consideration, and to increase the chances of getting your proposal approved, here are some of the things that we are looking for, in no particular order:

1. A good overview of the event, a vision of how you would like it to happen.
2. Target date
3. A feasibility study of the area, which includes but is not limited to:
a. Which track(s) are you looking into renting?
b. What are your chances of actually getting the track rented on your targeted dates?
c. A survey of different hotels for possible use as event HQ, including rates.
d. A description of the area where the event will be held, including the expected weather that time of the year, airline and airport accessibility, presence of good driving roads, etc.
4. A tentative schedule of events.
5. Proposed organization of event leadership, and planning committee. It is reasonable to expect that whoever submits the proposal, he/she/they will take an active role in the planning of this event, and are committed to making this happen.

Past NSXPO solicitations will be made available for those seeking to review former accepted proposals. Please contact the NSXCA Board at [email protected]

There are two ways you can submit your proposals. The first is via email, by sending it as document attachment to the NSXCA Board at [email protected] or via postal mail to:

NSX Club of America
333 Mamaroneck Ave.
PO Box 339
White Plains, NY 10605

If you are sending your proposal via postal mail, it is appreciated if you can submit 8 copies, for distribution to the various board members.

Thank you for your attention, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,

Larry Bastanza
President, NSXCA
On behalf of the Board of Directors

Last edited:
Heartland Park, Topeka KS!!!
:biggrin:

Hello all,

I would like to announce that the NSXCA Board of Directors is now accepting bids for venues of NSXPO 2010. If you want a future NSXPO to be held close to your locale, now is the time to put together a proposal to make that happen.

NSXPO2009 has been awarded and will be held in Toronto, Canada from September 24-29, 2009. The deadline for the submission of bids for NSXPO2009 is May 31, 2009, and the venue will be decided upon by July 30, 2009. The board reserves the right to modify the deadlines if the situation warrants it.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Larry, I think that you meant for NSXPO2010 is May 31, 2009 not 2009 again!

Larry is correct. Here is the post from last years announcement. It takes more than a year to plan/setup NSXPO.

Hello all,

I would like to announce that the NSXCA Board of Directors is now accepting bids for venues of NSXPO 2009. If you want a future NSXPO to be held close to your locale, now is the time to put together a proposal to make that happen.

NSXPO2008 has been awarded and will be held in Portland OR. from September 26-30, 2008. The deadline for the submission of bids for NSXPO2009 is February 28, 2008, and the venue will be decided upon by April 30, 2008. The board reserves the right to modify the deadlines if the situation warrants it.

For proper consideration, and to increase the chances of getting your proposal approved, here are some of the things that we are looking for, in no particular order:

2. Target date
b. What are your chances of actually getting the track rented on your targeted dates?
d. A description of the area where the event will be held, including the expected weather that time of the year, airline and airport accessibility, presence of good driving roads, etc.
5. Proposed organization of event leadership, and planning committee. It is reasonable to expect that whoever submits the proposal, he/she/they will take an active role in the planning of this event, and are committed to making this happen.

Past NSXPO solicitations will be made available for those seeking to review former accepted proposals. Please contact the NSXCA Board at [email protected]

There are two ways you can submit your proposals. The first is via email, bysending it as an MS WORD document attachment to the NSXCA Board at: [email protected] or via postal mail to:

NSXCA
PO Box A3416
Chicago, IL 60690-3416

If you are sending your proposal via postal mail, it is appreciated if you can submit 10 copies, for distribution to the various board members.

Thank you for your attention, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,

Larry Bastanza
President, NSXCA
On behalf of the Board of Directors

I vote for Vegas too. While I'd love to host it here in Salt Lake City, I can't plan it by myself. Vegas would be the next best thing.

It's decided, myrtle beach it is........Not so quick. Suggesting a place is just that, a suggestion. You realize the monumental task it is to plan and cordinate a NSXPO? LV has been proposed before and most likely a proposal will be submitted once again. I would venture to say that from proposal time/acceptance (fingers crossed) to the acutal date of NSXPO, there won't be a minute to spare with all the behind the scenes it entails to pull off an event of that magnitude. Care to put your life in limbo for a year and a half? :biggrin:

Below is part of what you need to do/plan.......
2. Target date

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if the Vegas crew would put something together because us Texans have talked about it and decided we would be there for it next year. At the same time, I'm going to see if we can put something together to hold it in Austin, Tx.
Will report back on this.

+3 Vegas for 2010

Last edited:
Requested past years' solicitations and will submit for 2010. Will try to coordinate with SEMA dates (11/3-11/6). A little late in the year, but I'm sure SEMA is worthy attrction/addition to the roster of events and we will try to get as many passes as possible.

Option #1: 10/28-11/2/10. No conflict with SEMA and can catch SEMA immediately after NSXPO.

Option #2: 11/4-11/9/10. SEMA in town. Better timing but rooms will be more expensive with fewer choices.

Either week will include:

1) Driving event at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch > LVMS (Local SCCA members to staff)
2) Indoor karting at either Fast Lap or Pole Postion Raceway
3) One or two days of scenic drives to Mt Charleston and/or Valley of Fire and/or Red Rock (also consider Death Valley)
4) Will check Hotel on Strip (Luxor, Mandalay) or off-Strip (Green Valley Ranch, Red Rock Station)
5) Friday night Drag Strip at LVMS Midnight Mayhem
6) Friday and Saturday events on the Strip.
7) Sunday Brunch before drive.

More info to come.

Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
VEGAS? OMG! :biggrin:Sounds like trouble, Id like to RSVP now and would love it to co-ordinate with SEMA. I can get passes from work.:wink:

I think one of the Carolina's or Tennessee would be great. Vegas is a big party town, but as far as drives go??? Carolina's or Tennessee would have some BEAUTIFUL roads. I'd like to go to Vegas to just meet up with a bunch of people and drink and be goofy, but not for NSXPO. Just my .02

I think one of the Carolina's or Tennessee would be great. Vegas is a big party town, but as far as drives go??? Carolina's or Tennessee would have some BEAUTIFUL roads. I'd like to go to Vegas to just meet up with a bunch of people and drink and be goofy, but not for NSXPO. Just my .02

It's not just nice roads.

2. Target date

If not Vegas, it would be good to see it centrally located-center point somewhere in the middle of the US that’s closer for all, from all points.

I’m heavily involved in the Pantera Owners Club of America Convention every year, which for many years has been held in Vegas/Spring Mountain Motorsports Park.

This year in June we are taking it to Tahoe/Reno-Fernley Raceway.

Vegas & Tahoe, while a nice places and fun, it makes it hard for those on the mid-east side of the US. Thus making it a long trip with their cars to get to and getting back home with several days of road travel & expense. Not to mention the added time off from work for the travel involved

I always thought the point of these conventions-get togethers is to get people to bring their cars.

Last year, Oregon, This year Canada….Both points at an extreme travel for most with their cars. I can't afford the time off work when it adds another 4-5 days for travel if I wanted to drive my NSX.

If not Vegas, it would be good to see it centrally located-center point somewhere in the middle of the US that’s closer for all, from all points.

I’m heavily involved in the Pantera Owners Club of America Convention every year, which for many years has been held in Vegas/Spring Mountain Motorsports Park.

Vegas & Tahoe, while a nice places and fun, it makes it hard for those on the mid-east side of the US. Thus making it a long trip with their cars to get to and getting back home with several days of road travel & expense. Not to mention the added time off from work for the travel involved

I always thought the point of these conventions-get togethers is to get people to bring their cars.

Last year, Oregon, This year Canada….Both points at an extreme travel for most with their cars. I can't afford the time off work when it adds another 4-5 days for travel if I wanted to drive my NSX.

Although I see your train of thought, I think the biggest issue is events that can be planned in the central parts of the states. Plus who doesn't love Vegas lol... but seriously most of the NSXPO's have always been at historic or better areas on the costs due to better wether, locations available to go, hotels, and other thing that only metro areas can provide.

Due to scheduling issues with family stuff I have been unable to make the last few not for lack of trying!! I myself want to do ones on the other side of the country anyways and will more than likely ship the car and meet it there and depending on the length of time to drive back maybe do that. My only hesitation in doing that is as fun as very long drives are they do give you a beating, maybe its just me but the cabin is tight for me after 6 hours straight and I want to be fresh for the fun activities... then again maybe im just a big wuss :p

I VOTE VEGAS!!! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Me too :biggrin:
But you understand what I was getting at....
Naw, you're not a big wuss.....
Wait until you get my age, then you'll be a big wuss.

I VOTE VEGAS!!! :biggrin:

The theory of rotating nsxpo between regions is based on the belief that each region should get the opourtunity to host ,thus atracting more locals in the proccess.Centralizing xpo each year would put undue burden on a few and would perpetualy exclude the same people.Moving it around our nation by region allows everyone a shot at having a relativly "local" event.

This is true John...
And anything outside of Metro area's I'm sure would be sparce as far as NSX's go, let alone the volunteers needed to pull off the event.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind Vegas. But I am coming without the car. I live in Orlando. Planning it in coordination with SEMA??? Wow! Great! + (whatever we are up to!)But these cars are not getting any newer. Why not hold a west coast event and an east coast event on different dates? Satisfy everyone and make it great. NY and LA. Vegas and Miami. Pheonix and Atlanta. Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Hit everywhere before we have to custom make all the parts on these beasts.

So maybe something like having annual regional events and maybe a national event every 2 or 3 years? Hmmm...

That said, Vegas would have a huge draw.

Back