Sold my 2004 NSX for $63k: Terrible resale value

Ken,

Yes, I was basing my comments on the new MSRP of the cars.

In regards to the C6 ZO6, you are right that its hard to comment on something that has not been released. However, I would guess it will be an awesome performer for little money when it is finally released.

Hi, Dont feel too bad. I sold my 2001 NSX-T after 500 miles (6 months later) for 12k less. I miss it very much. )C=
Calvin

NSXNXT said:
Hi, Dont feel too bad. I sold my 2001 NSX-T after 500 miles (6 months later) for 12k less. I miss it very much. )C=
Calvin

I am surprised a car that was almost 5 years old would have depreciated that much in only 6 months. Ouch! :frown:

I kind of expected my big hit since I was the original owner and only 12 months had elapsed.

I know how it feels, however I got over it a week later. :wink:

Last edited:
CerberusM5 said:
I am surprised a car that was almost 5 years old would have depreciated that much in only 6 months.
The market value doesn't depreciate that fast. In its fourth year, depreciation is around $5K per year, assuming the condition and average annual mileage aren't changing. His car was three years old at the time, and annual depreciation at that point is perhaps $6-7K.

After all, if market value in its third and fourth year were dropping by $12K every six months, and market value dropped even faster when newer than that, an NSX would be worth zero dollars some time early in its fourth year. :D

A loss that is greater than the market value is most frequently the result of paying more than market value when buying, and/or accepting less than market value when selling (either one of which, in turn, is often the result of the need to execute a transaction quickly rather than shopping around for a while).

Back