So I Wound up not getting an NSX...

Status
Not open for further replies.
qirex said:
I'm not trying to change your mind - as ou already know what you know. One thing is clear however, and thats that you dont know jack re: pcars save what you read on the internet. I say this b/c i've thought *everything* you did re: crappy pcar interiors until i actually got out there and looked. I passed on an 03 996 b/c the black plastic interior w/ leather seats didnt justify the $60k tag. So of course i'm psyched to have found a totally mint 996TT w/ more options than I would *ever* have paid for...for $79K.

I think i did well for the money.

I'm a little geeky at heart, i like buttons to press, on board computers etc...

Wow, this topic has gotten ugly. Anyways, I just wanted to say that $79k sounds like a great deal. Did you consider other cars like an 02 Maserati GT? They are in the low 60s and come with a 400hp V8 from Ferrari and a 4 year/50k mile warranty. It also comes with leather on the dash. :smile:

CerberusM5 said:
Hmmm, I have been wondering how to convince my wife that getting a Boxster S would be a sound investment thirty years from now. Now I just need to explain to her who James Dean is.

....and why you need to spend 100k on a boxster.

steveny said:
Is that a boxster? Looks like a boxster from the front! :biggrin:

yup!!! i kept looking at the front pix. it sure looks like a boxter me too. :biggrin:

amgnsx said:
yup!!! i kept looking at the front pix. it sure looks like a boxter me too. :biggrin:

It is the boxster with the 100k option. Passes in traffic....was that the 20k boxster or the 100k boxster???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

CerberusM5 said:
Ken,
Maybe we should have pbassjo (bodyshop person) chime in on the cost of materials and labor for metallic

I don't understand the extra charge for metallic paint.
The pigment in red colors cost quite a bit more but not the silvers.
I can't see how it's the cost of the mica (metallic) in the tint or, the labor that would necessitate a surcharge for the silver colors.
People are willing to pay more so they charge more.

C'mon guys,

Here are two easy ways to determine if the Porsche behind your NSX is a Boxster:

1. It's a genuine Boxster if you step on the gas and it stays in your rear view mirror.

2. It's a faux Boxster (with the $75k performance option: AKA 996 turbo) if you floor it and the P-car blows past you like you were standing still.

One of the primary reasons I love the NSX is its rarity. I rarely see an NSX driving next to me, let alone behind me. However, I see Porsches everywhere here in Las Vegas. The twin turbos and GT series cars are much more rare, but still not like the NSX. You will never mistake the NSX for any other car; not even a Ferrari (good or bad) in my opinion.

Cheers!

Last edited:
pbassjo said:
I don't understand the extra charge for metallic paint.
The pigment in red colors cost quite a bit more but not the silvers.
I can't see how it's the cost of the mica (metallic) in the tint or, the labor that would necessitate a surcharge for the silver colors.
People are willing to pay more so they charge more.

Thanks for offering your professional feedback. I didn't think there would be any significant premium in metallic colors. It is a shame that Porsche rapes its customers excessively on paint colors among other things, but it is a practice they have done for years. However, I really do like the Cobalt Blue metallic and GT Silver. Also, Seal Grey, which is one of my favorites use to only be a first tier ($800) optional color on the turbo. Now it's $3k? Oh well. :confused:

I always wondered why the Porsche dealer had those little tubes of KY in the candy dish at the reception desk. :eek:

We should all be upset at Acura for not evolving the NSX!!! I can't believe in 15 years that they haven't put an outside temperature guage, tire pressure monitoring system etc. on the car!!! I can't even stand to look at the "old school" odometer!!! That's it. Let's sell our cars because obviously the sophisticated sports cars have these features and ours don't. I'm sure that temp guage makes the cars faster!! :smile:

Ken, I agree with all your posts. As usual, you are correct to a tee!!

I may not "know Jack", but I do know that "you'de" isn't a word, and "Cayeen" isn't a vehicle that Porsche makes. You have a beautiful car. Go enjoy it. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back