So far... more to come

• Thread starter Thread starter BD
  • Start date Start date
goldNSX said:
How much did you spend overall?
Not really a smart move for me. I had to exercise a skip pay on my mortgage payment this month... To pay for my property tax!!!
California Property Tax... Sux I can only sell so many cigars and Hookahs to pay for this "Honda."

Here is the approximate spending. Including parts, labor, shippping, Custom Duty, and paint job

JDM OEM Parts
NSX-R NA1 Recaro Carbon Kevlar Seats $8000
NSX-R Seat Belt Buckles $50
NSX-R Power Seat Rails $2000
NSX-R NA2 Momo Steering wheel with Momo Hub $1000
NSX-R NA2 Suspension $4000
NSX-R BBS Light Weight Championship White Wheels $4000
NSX-R Mesh Engine Cover with Support Beam $1400
NSX-R Shift Knob and Boot $320
NSX-R “H” Hood/Rear Badges $140
NSX-R Door Sills $270
NSX-R Front Flat Under Cover Aero upgrade $350
NSX-R Rotors $800
NSX-R Front & Lower Chassis Bars $400
NSX-R Front Sway Bar $200
NSX-S Rear Sway Bar $200
Mugen Steel Brake Lines $400
NSX “Honda” Cassette Player Door $20

NSX-R Replicated Parts
NSX-R CF Hood Replica $2000
NSX-R CF Rear Spoiler $1200
NSX-R Rear Diffuser $800
NSX-R Gauge Replica Set (MPH) $800

JDM Aftermarket Parts
Procar CF Rear Window Garnish $1200
Mugen Air Intake System $1770
Dali Coolant Tank $200
GT-One v.2 Titanium Super flow Exhaust $2800
Fujitsubo NSX NA1 Header $3200
Test Pipes $200

Total: $37700 USD

Recovered from selling my OEM parts
Hood $800
Wheels $1800
T Cover $300
Zanardi Shift Knob & Boot $250
Coolant Bottle $50
-$3200

Incoming:
JDM Type R gauge $3300
JDM style front Fender side markers and Championship White headlights. $1200

Projected spending at the very end of my project... $40k

Last edited:
Now, that's what I call spending money :biggrin:

Congrats Vance, I look forward to post pics & vids of my car when everything is ready, too :smile:

Finally, both of them. Even though they are the NA1 R Seats, that's the best I can find. They do match the interior very well.

The task of finding them are just flat out ridiculous.... My driver side came off a 95 NSX-R, the Passenter side is from a 92.... Some how, EVOF575GTC has his stamp on the pictures of my seat..lol

Yeah, this may be the only set in the US... I need to lock up my car in a storage with massive lazer motion sensors and five tone locks...

13449Seat-med.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Vancehu

Looks real good.

Damn it I can't visit this thread as I will just get ideas and spend even more money on my NSX :smile:

Regards

Congratulations Vance! on the NSX-R seats. I know how bad you wanted those seats. The enthusiasm you displayed is very inspirational for other NSX owners, nothing but the best parts.

Almost done with the conversion!!!

This project burned a huge hole in my pocket, and to find the JDM parts are like... the most difficult task I have ever encountered.

Here is the final list of what's been done... and what's in the pipe line.
2003 NSX-T
Berlina Black over Red Interior

NSX-R Shift Knob & Honda Cassette Door
13449DSC00719.jpg

Downforce CF Type R Hood Replica with Candy Clear Coat
13449DSC00722-med.jpg

Front View with JDM NSX-R Hood, with NSX-R Rims and R Suspension; the factory suspention lowered the car by 0.7 inch. Also installed are the NSX-R Front chassis bars, Sway bar, Zanardi rear Sway bar. The handling of the car is very sharp, all the "understeer" is gone. In fact, this car is almost AP1 S2K like.
13449DSC00457.jpg

My latest Type-R addition, front lower flat aero kit. The front ground clearance is even lower with the aero kit set lower than the lip.
13449NA2_Type_R_Front_Bottom_Aero_Upgrade.jpg

NSX-R Spoiler Replica by Downforce. Peter did a wonderful job. Top rated quality
13449Candy_coat.jpg

13449R_WING.jpg

Mike at MV Design… Candy/Smoke Clear coat, you can see the CF weave disappears at night.
13449R_WING_II.jpg

NSX-R Door Emblem
13449DSC00452.jpg

NSX-R Door Sill Plate. My greatest respect for Mother Goose
13449DSC00454.jpg

NSX – R GT ready to race around the mesh engine cover. That is one car I will never be able to get…
13449DSC00473.jpg

Rear View with Procar CF NSX-R Diffuser replica
13449DSC00462-med.jpg

Mugen AIS
13449AIS.jpg

The Type R/S mesh engine cover is hard to get already, but the little support arm is even harder.
13449DSC00481-med.jpg

The mesh engine cover should have been an OEM parts on all NSXs, to expo one of the best engine in the world
13449Mesh_cover.jpg

NSX-R Gauge Replica... Too bad the shifting lights are dummies. Cool thing is, it's for the USDM standard with MPH
13449DSC00581-med.jpg

The blue tip is one major trade mark of Titanium exhaust. Work of Art.
13449DSC00319.jpg

Fujitsubo Header with Test pipes
13449DSC00626.jpg

13449DSC00631_1.jpg

Interior View from Passenger Side
With JDM NSX-R Recaro CK seat
13449DSC00717-med.jpg

13449DSC00715-med.jpg

13449DSC00713-med.jpg

13449DSC00714-med.jpg

Final Dyno, with GT-One v.2 Titanium Exhaust, Test Pipes, and Fujitsubo Header as the only Powertrain upgrade
13449DSC00658-med.JPG

My mods:
JDM OEM Parts
NSX-R NA1 Recaro Carbon Kevlar Seats
NSX-R Power Seat Rails
NSX-R NA2 Momo Steering wheel with Momo Hub
NSX-R NA2 Suspension*
NSX-R BBS Light Weight Championship White Wheels
NSX-R Mesh Engine Cover with Support Beam
NSX-R Shift Knob and Boot
NSX-R “H” Hood/Rear Badges
NSX-R Door Sills
NSX-R Front Flat Under Cover Aero upgrade
NSX-R Rotors
NSX-R Front & Lower Chassis Bars
NSX-R Front Sway Bar
NSX-S Rear Sway Bar
Mugen Steel Brake Lines
NSX “Honda” Cassette Player Door

*The suspension is the actual set used during the NSX-R 7:56 minutes Nurburgring run by Gan San of the Best Motoring.

NSX-R Replicated Parts
NSX-R CF Hood Replica
NSX-R CF Rear Spoiler
NSX-R Rear Diffuser
CF Rear Window Garnish
NSX-R Gauge Replica Set (MPH)

JDM Aftermarket Parts
Mugen CF Air Intake System
GT-One v.2 Titanium Super flow Exhaust
Fujitsubo NSX NA1 Header
Custom Test Pipes
Dali Coolant Tank

Incoming
JDM Type R gauge
JDM style front Fender side markers and Championship White headlights.

All installation by Vancehu, EVObreed(Erick Chu) and MrTed(Dynamic Motors)
Special Thanks to Procar, Downforce, Dali Racing, and RyanITV, and NA 1/2-R

Last edited:
Like I said before Vance....you did an awesome job......much props to you. :smile:

MvM said:
Your car really is One Amazing NSX !!! :eek:

With that original Gan San NSX R suspension and your engine I am wondering what time Gan San might have achieved on the Nurnburgring.

Where did you get that front lower flat aero kit ?? It looks amazing to me. I made a Type R underbody spoiler from aluminum myself, but that kit looks much much better.

Also, could you tell me how wide that rear diffuser is.

The front aero cover is not that expensive. It was $250 plus internatinoal shipping. MJ at Dali can get it as well. The diffuser over all length is about two inches shorter than the valence (one inch shorter on each side).

lowellhigh79 said:
Hi Vance,

Congratulations! Autowave's dyno actually reads low so I'm sure you will see even higher numbers on a dynojet or dynapak. The sound was intense when you blew by me in Vegas. Very very nice setup.

Best Regards,

Danny
Thanks. I love the way it sounds... too
Jin1976 said:
You forgot the black coolant bottle cover. :biggrin:
I got the Dali Polish aluminum Coolant tank

Last edited:
wow, car's sweeeeeeeeeet.
I bet you got hit up by porsche and ferrari's when your driving around.
Or do they just gives u respect?
did u have a clear bra on da car? I dont think you did when i saw it last in july.
again, looking sweet as usual

spyderplayer2002 said:
Gosh your car is so awesome. Any suede dash/console in the works? With red stiching? :) I love hookahs.

Holy Shit! That's my red 92 behind the yellow nsx in the background of the picture with the blue exhaust tips!!!!:eek:

Awesome ride Vance.

Danny:biggrin:

My last piece of powertrain mod arrived today. Mugen AIS.
Price was... Let me put it this way... after complete an auction on eBay, I'm now nutless...:biggrin:

When I was runnig stock AIS, my engine had some issues when cold at low RPM, the first gear acceleration was not smooth below 300RPM. Perhpas it was due to the large Bore header. The issue went away with this AIS. I should re-dyno the car to see where I'm at. Hopefully few more NA horses.

The system is very simple. Autoclaved Dry Carbon Fiber (explained the cost), and washable con shapped filter.

The unit is basically a CF cone, filter, and a Ring. The ring replaces my DF scoop. Without the scoop and OEM resonator, the car sounds more raw, more race car like.
13449AIS2.jpg

The fitment is perfect. No tweaking required. Just bolt it on.
13449AIS1.jpg

The design is simple. Unlike the GruppeM unit it does connect to the side vent hole.
13449AIS3.jpg

At the end of the day, by acquiring this unit is more of a braggin' rights. After all, it is Mugen, the Godfather of all Honda JDM after market parts manufacture.
13449AIS.jpg

Last edited:
Zero-Cool said:
I think the gruppeM piece look much better....kinda small, but nice looking tho. Grats on the unit.
I actually agree with you. The GruppeM's CK is beautiful... BUT, design is completely different. Mugen is connected to the hole, the GruppeM is not. Therefore, GruppeM is drawing hot air.

Vancehu said:
I actually agree with you. The GruppeM's CK is beautiful... BUT, design is completely different. Mugen is connected to the hole, the GruppeM is not. Therefore, GruppeM is drawing hot air.

Dang Vance! your car just gets sweeter and sweeter!

Also does anyone else make a similar style intake? I don't need the carbon fiber. I only ask ,because I don't have your loot and I can't get my nuts out of my wifes purse long enough to hock them on ebay:biggrin:

Vancehu said:
---------------------------------------------------------------
But if you use the DownForce AIS...it will take the air right to the filter.....Don't get my wrong Vance I like it, but I think the GruppeM look so much better, also your car just to cool to use that. IMO...that is a down grade to your engine bay..

*but what the hell do I know :D*

Zero-Cool said:
---------------------------------------------------------------
But if you use the DownForce AIS...it will take the air right to the filter.....Don't get my wrong Vance I like it, but I think the GruppeM look so much better, also your car just to cool to use that. IMO...that is a down grade to your engine bay..

*but what the hell do I know :D*

Don't worry, I"m not arguing, I'm explaining the two different systems. I removed the downforce scope and replaced with the ring from the Mugen AIS. As indicated by Peter, the Downforce AS draws in lots of dirt, I verified it with my Comptech Unifilter. After only 6000 miles, my filter was dirty beyond believe. Also, Peter mentioned to me that the Scope is not for performance gain, but rather a sound improvement. The NA engine draws the neccessary amount of air in, the scope will not help.

The Mugen AIS will not cost the filter to get dirty at a rapid rate, which is a bless, because if I ever have to replace the filter, I will have to come up with another nut:biggrin:

nsxhk said:
Interesting looking AIS. Is it one of those one-off prototype from mugen lab?
It is actually the regular Mugen model. The second model is $7G, which has a new engine cover and a new hatch with air scope on the top.

Last edited:
Vancehu said:
The handling of the car is very sharp, all the "understeer" is gone. In fact, this car is almost AP1 S2K like.

Snap oversteer? :tongue:

Very nice job with the car! I want that Mugen AIS!!!!!!!!

I'm on my second pair of undies now :smile:

I like it very much, don't get me wrong, but it sure would have been perfect if it was a coupe! :)

|Adeel said:
I'm on my second pair of undies now :smile:
I like it very much, don't get me wrong, but it sure would have been perfect if it was a coupe! :)

:biggrin: Be honest with you, I thought about that all the time. BUT, at the end, I enjoy the open top, and with the top installed, the car drives fine. I don't think I will ever drive it like Best Motoring battle. So I have a one and the only NSX-T-R.:biggrin:

Simons2k said:
Snap oversteer? :tongue:

Very nice job with the car! I want that Mugen AIS!!!!!!!!

The oversteer is there, I'm thinking about removing the Type S rear Sway bar and replace it back to OEM Stock. 20 minutes work... I need to find my stock sway bar...

The Mugen AIS, I got it from Kingmotorsports, waited four months.

People have already hit me up to see if I can let Downforce replicate it, if the deal can be made, I'm sure the cost will be half of what I paid. The trick is to find the Mugen Con filter in mass quantaty.:wink:

Vancehu said:
The oversteer is there, I'm thinking about removing the Type S rear Sway bar and replace it back to OEM Stock. 20 minutes work... I need to find my stock sway bar...

The Mugen AIS, I got it from Kingmotorsports, waited four months.

People have already hit me up to see if I can let Downforce replicate it, if the deal can be made, I'm sure the cost will be half of what I paid. The trick is to find the Mugen Con filter in mass quantaty.:wink:

Oversteer is fun :smile: I really enjoyed how my old AP1 oversteered. the "Snap" part was a little scary though.

I sure hope the people @ downforce can replicate it. If so, I found my new mod :biggrin:

Back