Re: shud i paint the roof red...? need opinion

93-97Camaro.jpg

Need I say more! :tongue:

exactly what i was thinking

"yeah- we sinned and chromed the oem Zanardi wheels too... "

Geez...... I am doing everything wrong!
LOL LOL
Your car still looks great Philip, just like it did at NSXPO 05.

From the SoCal canyon drive last month.
07.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

"yeah- we sinned and chromed the oem Zanardi wheels too... "

Geez...... I am doing everything wrong!
LOL LOL
Your car still looks great Philip, just like it did at NSXPO 05.

From the SoCal canyon drive last month.
07.jpg
[/IMG]

OH MAN! You are so right! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Different choices, yet I really liked your car @ xpo 05!

Differn't strokes, but with great results :smile:

very nice car man.. but whats that black thing u have on ur front bumper... I've seen it on many american cars and i dont really like it.. Anyway i think you should keep ur roof black it gives the car a more aggressive look...

I liked the BLACK top so much, I painted the nose as well!

Drove about 500 miles that day. Its a bra to protect the oem orig paint.:biggrin:

Last edited:

oooh ok... i better get on of these from when i park..tere always seems like thres someone that wants to park infront of me and wont stop until they hit my car! As for worrying abut the highway things u run into to, we dont have that prob here...

As for worrying abut the highway things u run into to, we dont have that prob here...

Really? Thats amazing.........

Stuck with Red! By far the best colour is red. The black roof over the red body is how this car was envisioned when first crafted. I have seen a red roof on an older car and yes, it does look good, until you stand it beside a Black roofed car.

Keep that fighter-jet look Honda wnated for the car, stay with black.

Yeah, if I was stuck with a red car, I would paint the roof too. :wink:

For the record, I like English too.

paint it.

here is mine. I had the entire car painted. couldnt be happier.
2095648_11_full.jpg

2095648_12_full.jpg

All Type-R and special order 97-01 coupes have black roof its supposed to resemble jet fighter c-pit. Also makes the car look lower. It might also hurt resale.

Attachments

• F16Nsx.JPG
    F16Nsx.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 51
  • F16.JPG
    F16.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 40

My blacktop... leave it black.:tongue:

img3116evj0.jpg

With no physical evidence in years, makes me wonder if the NSX-R GT even exists. Where is all the NSX R&D money going to?

P.S. Paint it!

This is the best advice I can give you. If you must paint something then leave the top alone and paint the rest of the car BLACK.:biggrin: LOL

This is the best advice I can give you. If you must paint something then leave the top alone and paint the rest of the car BLACK.:biggrin: LOL

No birds poop on black roofs but I have seen poop on other roofs.:biggrin:

Either way it looks good. A camaro is a camaro. You have a nsx!!

I was going to paint mine at one time, but I think if you have other black accents on the car, front lip, tinted windows, Type R spoiler, Rear defuser... you can have a theme of black that flows over the car and looks sick. I'm keeping mine black now.

im keeping the roof black then. now, im thinking of getting the type-r replica wing from dali racing. :rolleyes:

My blacktop... leave it black.:tongue:

img3116evj0.jpg

O my god....what a beautifull picture, the color of the car with this light is ingradable. Please leave it black, mine was painted red by previous owner and i think it lookes cheap. Nice wheels too:smile:

I never liked how the Blacktop over red photographed. I have rarely seen it look right. It looks better in real life though. Honestly, I believe Honda envisioned the black top on lighter colors like silver and white so the contrast would be much more pleasant. The pearl white/black top combo would be the best for two tone, which is why the NSX-R took this path. Red and black are too dark colors clashing and it just does not look right the majority of times.

The black top has also been cheapened and played out by Camarhoes, Horvettes, early Eclipse variants, SVXs, etc. So it's gimmicky unless it's on a really clean car that can overshadow the red/blacktop look. Nonetheless, it's still an NSX and you already won half the battle.

Also it would seem more appropiate to paint the Targa tops black instead of the coupes. This just seems more natural as you won't see broken up red pieces when the top is off as much. I'd say if you have the means to paint the car correctly, then do it correctly. It won't really bring the value down if you find the right buyer. How good it runs and clean the car (accident free) is more important than cosmetic paint or touch-ups.

Back