should I get a 91NSX W/85k miles... 04' s2k... 06' evo9 (not MR)

rickysals said:
and you're 20?!

share the knowledge my friend. I'm 22 and broke.

OH - my vote is a used S2000. One in the $15,000 range. The cheaper the better. Don't waste money yet.

loan officer:biggrin:

now will everyone stop flamin me? thx

Its not about saving my money or anyhting like that. money is not a problem to me. if i really wanted to i could get a brand new nsx and sc it but I dont need that.

collegeboy said:
LOL...how are you independent beyond your time if you still live at home?
welllll for starters I probably make more money right now than you do now or probably ever will.... but other than that? hmmmm

stop treatin me like a child everyone thx

slashmatt said:
If I were going to rattle off a list of cars that I purchased by myself; I probably wouldn't want to admit to the '92 Cougar.
That was my first car, and the reason I told everyone what my first car was, was so that everyone could see that I started off with a crap car.

TURBO2GO said:
Well I think you already received enough financial and fatherly advice so I won't repeat... but if you are going to make the decision, then get the car that will cost you the least over the time you will own it. The NSX has hit its low and won't depreciate much more, the S2K is second, and the EVO a far third. Get a piece of paper and figure out maintenance costs, insurance, depreciation, loan rates (used is higher than new), repairs, gas costs, etc.

Find out which will cost you the least over the next few years. My guess, is that it will probably be the S2K or the NSX. The S2K will still have some warranty and mainetenance will be a lot lower than on a higher milage NSX. But all that may not outweigh the depreciation which is almost zero on the NSX by now.

The Evo is a nice 4 seater, more practical... but it will lose more than the other cars over a couple of years... the NSX is the most exotic by far and I know its probably tugging at your heart strings, but its not the cheapest car to maintain should you have a problem. Be prepared. The S2K is a nice compromise, if you find a clean one under warranty it may be the most economical. And that's what you should have when you are in college.

FINALLY SOME ADVICE I CAN USE!!!
thx turbo2go

Have you test driven the cars? Usually that makes the decision easy. I recommend getting an S2000. They are very fun, reliable, and I worry less parking it places. I guarantee that you will worry about the NSX every time you park it in a place other than your own garage.

CL65 Captain said:
Beater car! Put the money you would have spent on the NSX or Evo into a Ameritrade or Etrade, etc every month... by the time you graduate you can then either buy a really nice NSX or have change to buy the Comptech SC and other go fast items.

You are 20! You may be independent, but you are not wise... ask any person over say 30 and they will give you the wisdom that only comes from hindsight. I know you WANT an NSX or Evo, but it is not the wise thing to do!

For the record... I am 37 and just bought my first over $50k nice car - 2000 NSX. Priorities - pay for college, pay off any/all debt, buy house, then get the nice car.

If you are living at home (ie you don't have your own house) then you need to graduate, buy a house and then decide which car you want. Just because your friends have nice cars doesn't mean they aren't idiots!

I agree totally. I'm 26 and just purchased my 91 NSX this year. There is NO WAY IN HELL I would park it on a college campus, or even in the surrounding areas. If you are doing so well financially now... invest! By the time you get out you can probably get whatever you want.

And on side note, no I wouldn't join your friends EVO club.

NSX_BOB said:
FINALLY SOME ADVICE I CAN USE!!!
thx turbo2go

bob, you got to share your secret of earning 10k a month in college!!! Good job. and yeah, screw those who think owning a house is the only way to show one's independance. :wink:

I'm with turbo2go that nsx "could" be the wisest choice for you. However, we are all just speculating, as nice as the nsx goes, it's at its sweet spot (time) to own one in last few years. I racked up 30k miles since I owned mine in 2003. I could sell my car closed to how much i paid 3 yrs ago. However, it could fall short, way short in next few years.. When your neightbor's mom's civic have specific output of 300 hp... I'll think that STi and Evo VIII will be in high 15-20k in next couple years. That will, again make the nsx an old, slow relic that cost double as much... based on demand and supply, the nsx used price could be dragged down with them.

But truth be told, a 15k Evo/STi could be already seeing its end of its drivetrain/engine. Same goes to S2k, even though it's a honda product, I'm hearing more and more stories of them not being as "durable" as other Honda products.

I will think that the biggest challenge for you is to figure out the impact of the insurance to you, considering your young age and you are living with parents. (which, you might be able to take adv. of the family insurance package and paying very little premium .. hint hint.)

I had to strongly disagree the point of driving nsx to school = victim of haters. There's always haters in the world, but at least in where i live, kids driving nice cars to school all the time. To people who doesn't know cars, they might as well mistaken a 91 MR2 as a Ferrari, or Camaro. And you know nsx is just the same, and you can tell always tell them it's a honda... I also have living prof that, you will get away from ticket easier in a nsx than an EVO/Sti/S2k/civic/any drift cars.

I recommend nsx to any car lovers who enjoys driving. The biggest problem of the car is 1. insurance, 2. getting finance, 3. having a garage. Seems like you won't have problem with neither... So get a nsx.

Buy a POS car for 2k and save up money and pay for your own school and move out, then get a NSX. Nothing like living at home and having a 90k NSX to make you look like a retard. Or you could be one of those people that takes student loans to buy a car lol.

Psychobiology said:
Have you test driven the cars? Usually that makes the decision easy. I recommend getting an S2000. They are very fun, reliable, and I worry less parking it places. I guarantee that you will worry about the NSX every time you park it in a place other than your own garage.

I actually recommend a good condition NA miata. I just got one, and I'm regreting not to find out the secret earlier.

But then, I will never ever enjoy a miata, if I don't have a nsx in my garage and I could take it out whenever i want.

and to those thinking this is a bad suggestion, an early year good condition miata will stay in $3-4k price range forever. Which is, probably cost less than your nsx wheel/tire combo. Not to mention putting the miata as a Primary usage car in the family and get even more discount from your insurance company. :biggrin: You almost get the car for free!!!

Ryanmcd2 said:
Buy a POS car for 2k and save up money and pay for your own school and move out, then get a NSX. Nothing like living at home and having a 90k NSX to make you look like a retard. Or you could be one of those people that takes student loans to buy a car lol.

did you read? he earned 10k a month. I would think he could move out if he wants to.

Ryan, you must have very umcomfortable parents to make you like a retard staying with them. Not all families are the same, and if I have a way, I will rather spend more time staying at home with my parents.

NSX_BOB said:
welllll for starters I probably make more money right now than you do now or probably ever will.... but other than that? hmmmm

stop treatin me like a child everyone thx

When you talk like a child, you get treated like one. For starters, your grammer represents that of a 6th grader or someone with mental retardation. You sound like an idiot with claims of how much you make and so on and so forth. People with cash dont talk about, they let their actions speak for them. You should grow up and then post here.:wink:

NSXDreamer2 said:
I actually recommend a good condition NA miata. I just got one, and I'm regreting not to find out the secret earlier.

But then, I will never ever enjoy a miata, if I don't have a nsx in my garage and I could take it out whenever i want.

and to those thinking this is a bad suggestion, an early year good condition miata will stay in $3-4k price range forever. Which is, probably cost less than your nsx wheel/tire combo. Not to mention putting the miata as a Primary usage car in the family and get even more discount from your insurance company. :biggrin: You almost get the car for free!!!

NA Miatas are awesome! I still kept mine. They are super fun as well, but I prefer to daily drive the S2000. The original Miata is the best. Every successive generation gained weight :mad:.

The Kid said:
When you talk like a child, you get treated like one. For starters, your grammer represents that of a 6th grader or someone with mental retardation. You sound like an idiot with claims of how much you make and so on and so forth. People with cash dont talk about, they let their actions speak for them. You should grow up and then post here.:wink:

Yes, he is immature and has a rather large ego. However, it's his life and it's completely up to him how he acts and chooses to live it. By the way, it's "grammar" not "grammer" :wink: .

Psychobiology said:
Yes, he is immature and has a rather large ego. However, it's his life and it's completely up to him how he acts and chooses to live it. By the way, it's "grammar" not "grammer" :wink: .

I have little to no schooling but I do try:wink:

PhiAlpha44 said:
I agree totally. I'm 26 and just purchased my 91 NSX this year. There is NO WAY IN HELL I would park it on a college campus, or even in the surrounding areas. If you are doing so well financially now... invest! By the time you get out you can probably get whatever you want.

And on side note, no I wouldn't join your friends EVO club.

I already do invest in realestate.

NSXDreamer2 said:
bob, you got to share your secret of earning 10k a month in college!!! Good job. and yeah, screw those who think owning a house is the only way to show one's independance. :wink:

I'm with turbo2go that nsx "could" be the wisest choice for you. However, we are all just speculating, as nice as the nsx goes, it's at its sweet spot (time) to own one in last few years. I racked up 30k miles since I owned mine in 2003. I could sell my car closed to how much i paid 3 yrs ago. However, it could fall short, way short in next few years.. When your neightbor's mom's civic have specific output of 300 hp... I'll think that STi and Evo VIII will be in high 15-20k in next couple years. That will, again make the nsx an old, slow relic that cost double as much... based on demand and supply, the nsx used price could be dragged down with them.

But truth be told, a 15k Evo/STi could be already seeing its end of its drivetrain/engine. Same goes to S2k, even though it's a honda product, I'm hearing more and more stories of them not being as "durable" as other Honda products.

I will think that the biggest challenge for you is to figure out the impact of the insurance to you, considering your young age and you are living with parents. (which, you might be able to take adv. of the family insurance package and paying very little premium .. hint hint.)

I had to strongly disagree the point of driving nsx to school = victim of haters. There's always haters in the world, but at least in where i live, kids driving nice cars to school all the time. To people who doesn't know cars, they might as well mistaken a 91 MR2 as a Ferrari, or Camaro. And you know nsx is just the same, and you can tell always tell them it's a honda... I also have living prof that, you will get away from ticket easier in a nsx than an EVO/Sti/S2k/civic/any drift cars.

I recommend nsx to any car lovers who enjoys driving. The biggest problem of the car is 1. insurance, 2. getting finance, 3. having a garage. Seems like you won't have problem with neither... So get a nsx.

Thx for the help!
Well, off my job (loan officer) and other investments, I earn about 10k a month give or take 1k. Its an awsome job but it takes a lot of time. But I somehow find time to jugle my daily activities.

NSX_BOB said:
20... I make 10k a month. saving? dont wory about it. i save plenty...
Dude, If you make 120k a year and live at home I'd say go for the NSX and a beater? I mean, why not? Your disposable income is high and you won't have to worry about the car costing too much. You should be able to afford a decent NSX and some mods with that kinda cash!

SaberX said:
Dude, If you make 120k a year and live at home I'd say go for the NSX and a beater? I mean, why not? Your disposable income is high and you won't have to worry about the car costing too much. You should be able to afford a decent NSX and some mods with that kinda cash!

hmm I think thats the best idea. I would probably get the nsx and get something else to drive to class/work...

The Kid said:
Wow...
For being someone that is supposedly very respected in prime you sure come off as not a very friendly guy:frown:
Watever, I could care less...
But seeing how almost everyone acts negatively twards me really makes me not want to get an nsx. One of the reasons I first considered it was because I heard that its such a tight knitt close family and everyone has respect for eachother... I guess thats not the case...
I should grow up then post here? hmm calling someone retarded dosent seem very mature to me...
I think im gona get an s2k and call it a day. Many of you really turned me off to the idea of an nsx because of YOUR maturity level:frown:

P.S. learn how to spell "GRAMMAR"

NSX_BOB said:
Wow...
For being someone that is supposedly very respected in prime you sure come off as not a very friendly guy:frown:
Watever, I could care less...
But seeing how almost everyone acts negatively twards me really makes me not want to get an nsx. One of the reasons I first considered it was because I heard that its such a tight knitt close family and everyone has respect for eachother... I guess thats not the case...
I should grow up then post here? hmm calling someone retarded dosent seem very mature to me...
I think im gona get an s2k and call it a day. Many of you really turned me off to the idea of an nsx because of YOUR maturity level:frown:

P.S. learn how to spell "GRAMMAR"

Thank you, come again. I remember my first post, "Im looking for an NSX...yada, yada yada."

Not "I make XXXX a month and so forth", not bragging, not being a jerk. Just introducing myself in a kind manner and hoping to be accepted into this great community. I will do anything for anyone, and am more than willing to help any potential owners but its all about how you come off.:wink: Try just being yourself. Too many people sign up and pretend to be someone your not or try to steal the limelight. Act your age, know your spot in line and respect others...especially other NSX owners, current NSX owners who will give you solid advice. Didnt mean it come off like a prick, just trying to help.:wink:

NSX_BOB said:
But seeing how almost everyone acts negatively twards me really makes me not want to get an nsx...Many of you really turned me off to the idea of an nsx because of YOUR maturity level:frown:

If you really wanted an NSX, you wouldn't have posted the comment quoted above. I think the NSX is not for you.

Take some time, relax, read some posts and if you are SERIOUS (note bold underline, caps and italics?) about getting an NSX, come back with a better attitute and give it a real try.

You claim to make $120K/yr, are a loan officer, invest in real estate, go to college at the same time and you can't make a decision about which car to buy? You must be smarter than your first impression implies; use your brain. Your claims imply that it has served you well in the past.

CL65 Captain said:
BTW: The matrress got alot of use.... I never figured out how he got girls to bang him in "the van" but he did.... quanitity over quality.:biggrin: Now try and do that in an NSX! :biggrin:

Actually, it just so happened that last week I did :biggrin: :biggrin:
And yes, in the NSX. Didn't think it was possible though but again human ingenuity prevailed :smile:

MvM said:
Actually, it just so happened that last week I did :biggrin: :biggrin:
And yes, in the NSX. Didn't think it was possible though but again human ingenuity prevailed :smile:

passenger seats I presume

NSX_BOB said:
LOLLL i make my own money buddy and let me tell you what my first car was.
92 mercury cugar:biggrin: and no my mommy and daddy didnt pay for that either. then i had a g35 and no my mommy and daddy dindt pay for that either. then i had a bmw z4.3.0 and nope they didnt pay for that either
Im independent beyond my time

I was defending your position, and feeling your pain, until I read this.

You need to go to college, because your grammar is terrible. This is not some teenage chat forum. Type in sentences, so we can understand you. Besides, your communication skills reflect a great deal about you. Because you communicate like a kid, you are being treated like one.

You are being flamed for many reasons, one of which, is because the impression you are giving is one of immaturity.

I am not attempting to pile on here, just explain some potential perceptions.

Back