'settleing' for a color?

I agree that silverstone will stll be classy in 20yrs. Other colors (except black, white and red) will be old and out of fashion in the future.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the good advice guys....i had no idea there were only 24 white 02+ nsx made... i guess that makes that color a pipedream...i knwo there are a few 05 white nsx's forsale but thats allittle out of my price range

so it seems like most of you have been happy with the nsx even tho it wasnt you first color choice.

i guess i'll open up my color choices to white, black, and blue for now.

imola..i've never seen it in person, is it the same color that was available on the acura CL type-s in 02?

Thanks guys

Let's just say the more colors you are open to buying, the less you will pay and faster you will find a car.

Certain colors are simply rare and finding one in mint condition will probably mean you will be paying TOP $$$ for it.

P.S. We all know White is the FASTEST COOLEST color! haha jk :biggrin:

Let's just say the more colors you are open to buying, the less you will pay and faster you will find a car.

Certain colors are simply rare and finding one in mint condition will probably mean you will be paying TOP $$$ for it.

P.S. We all know White is the FASTEST COOLEST color! haha jk :biggrin:
And that's why you have a yellow car in your avatar!!!!!:eek::wink::tongue::cool:

wanted yellow ==== got yellow ,97 nsxt, traveled up and down east coast , dealt with all types of people and dealers, actually had one dealer tell me car was 1 owner ,carfax showed 4 , claimed they where dealers don't count, mileage on my car was high 85k ,but it was a single owner with all documentation and ser. records , i even have the pen,tire gauge,and mini light that came in the owner package , did some service work to it ( t/b/ wat/pmp/ tires / ) could not be happier , just a blast to drive (ownership was most important to me --just lucky to get my color) my house is also yellow !!!!

I wanted white, but ended up settling for red because it was a deal I couldn't pass up

either way it still looks great :D

and color doesn't effect the performance :p

Last edited:
I wanted white, but ended up settling for red because it was a deal I couldn't pass up

either way it still looks great :D

and color doesn't effect the performance :p

red is the lightest color ....

OScar

And that's why you have a yellow car in your avatar!!!!!:eek::wink::tongue::cool:

Oops, thanks for reminding me to change my Avatar! :biggrin:

Actually yellow is still my 1st choice for most sports cars! My s2k is red and I would love to have a yellow cGT...hehe

My search was 100% for 02 white coupe. Which is impossible.

Thought about settling many times.
The best way to get a White 02 Type-R look would be by getting 92-94 with a 02 conversion.

I'm happy I paid the premium. Never looked back.

Paid around $38K
Bought it for $34K - Plus needed timing belt & new clutch.
100% Show/Magazine Condition. Awesome owner. Expensive tasteful mods.
Only 1 minor fender bender in the past which I was able to confirm was cosmetic only through owners insurance documents.

Spent some money swapping the aftermarket bumper for the OEM 02 Bumper, It had a budget Ground Control Suspension that I swapped for Tein-RE's and Some expensive Bride seats I was actually able to pocket $600 on swapping for F1 Spec CF type-R replicas. Added the Wilwood BBk & Type-R spoiler & Prospeed Chip all said and done 2850lbs dropped to 2727 lbs.

I was happy it needed the timing belt/water pump done and clutch because it gave me the chance to put a RPS clutch in it while consolidating the labor while the engine was out to have my mechanic change the head gaskets and install titanium springs and retainers and lightly hand polish the head along with replacing some normal old stuff like hoses and such.

Moral of the story is.......
Buy it as close to how you would have done it yourself. Calculate the used value of the parts you don't like toward buying what you want. And unless you plan on garage queening the NSX, value mechanical condition more important than paint work (assuming no major damage.) That will also save you from jail for assault and battery should some old lady back up into you in parking lot after you spent 12 months, plus 3-4k in travel expenses, 10 weekends of driving 100 miles, and 100+ hours on Prime to find the one absolute mint condition never painted "unicorn" NSX and then pay heavily for it.

My search was 100% for 02 white coupe. Which is impossible.

Thought about settling many times.
The best way to get a White 02 Type-R look would be by getting 92-94 with a 02 conversion.

I'm happy I paid the premium. Never looked back.

Paid around $38K
Bought it for $34K - Plus needed timing belt & new clutch.
100% Show/Magazine Condition. Awesome owner. Expensive tasteful mods.
Only 1 minor fender bender in the past which I was able to confirm was cosmetic only through owners insurance documents.

Spent some money swapping the aftermarket bumper for the OEM 02 Bumper, It had a budget Ground Control Suspension that I swapped for Tein-RE's and Some expensive Bride seats I was actually able to pocket $600 on swapping for F1 Spec CF type-R replicas. Added the Wilwood BBk & Type-R spoiler & Prospeed Chip all said and done 2850lbs dropped to 2727 lbs.

I was happy it needed the timing belt/water pump done and clutch because it gave me the chance to put a RPS clutch in it while consolidating the labor while the engine was out to have my mechanic change the head gaskets and install titanium springs and retainers and lightly hand polish the head along with replacing some normal old stuff like hoses and such.

Moral of the story is.......
Buy it as close to how you would have done it yourself. Calculate the used value of the parts you don't like toward buying what you want. And unless you plan on garage queening the NSX, value mechanical condition more important than paint work (assuming no major damage.) That will also save you from jail for assault and battery should some old lady back up into you in parking lot after you spent 12 months, plus 3-4k in travel expenses, 10 weekends of driving 100 miles, and 100+ hours on Prime to find the one absolute mint condition never painted "unicorn" NSX and then pay heavily for it.

Funny I almost bought that car from Dave many many many years ago. Really good friend of mine.

Funny I almost bought that car from Dave many many many years ago. Really good friend of mine.

Dave is a great guy, I still talk to him every couple months too. :smile:
I'm sure he is having fun with his new GTR.

The NSX is a dream car. Make sure yours is your 'dream' and not a compromise.

Just be patient, one will come along. You may have to pay a little extra to get it, but you'll be happy you did. Good luck.

PS. I once bought a car that I wanted, but was the wrong colour and an exceptional deal. It was the shortest time I had ever owned a car. Sold it within months.

I have the same delimma as well...:frown:

I wanted a Grand Prix White, but as you know its super hard to find.

Now Im also opened up for Kaiser Silver and Black

Or Im thinking to take the cheap local silver one and paint it custom color...:cool:

I dont know what to do, please advice...

I have the same delimma as well...:frown:

I wanted a Grand Prix White, but as you know its super hard to find.

Now Im also opened up for Kaiser Silver and Black

Or Im thinking to take the cheap local silver one and paint it custom color...:cool:

I dont know what to do, please advice...

I say wait to get what you want, and once one comes up for sale and it's exactly what you want, act fast and pay what you can afford to get it or someone else will.

Getting another color and paint it custom color is another good option but if you want to sell it down the road, it probably will be harder to sell.

The NSX is a dream car. Make sure yours is your 'dream' and not a compromise.

dammit it this is great advice. ive been looking to buy this dream car in recent times and have always wanted a 2002+ red nsx. since the car is out of production my wife always tells me that beggers cant be choosers so ive seen/wanted to purchase an orange imola, black and wanted to purchase yellow rio nsx in recent times.

either i find the 2002+ red or i think im just going to get an older na1 in red and do the downforce conversion myself.

another dilemma is that everytime i think of doing the modifications that i want (change seats, steering wheel, nsx-r-ish interior scheme, decent sound system, kw v2s, wheels, nsx-r wing+hood), i feel like crap for wanting to do that to a genuine 2002+ red nsx i think its better to keep the car unmolested and stock so it can hold its value.

which brings me to buying an older nsx (which i wont care about the pitfalls of modifying an nsx); but then i think of all the sweat, effort, money, but most importantly TIME; to make the car perfect (to me); and that stresses me out already LOL.

i say you only live once and if you can afford and nsx, get exactly what you want.

There are several factors here that make your choice for you....

1. Price - How much can you afford to spend.

2. Sometimes you find a great car that is just right and it's not your first choice of color and if you pass on it you don't know when another one that is just perfect is going to come along.

3. what do I mean by perfect - to me mechanicals, prior history, knowing who owned the car makes a big difference and that does not always come in the color you want.

4. Just how long can you wait? If you want a late model with low miles that'll be easier but not necessarily in the color you want!

It's a tough decision! But in the end - all of em are great cars and you 'll be happy regardless.

I settled for a different color and its fine! But while I drive this one, I keep my eyes open for a "deal" on the other color (and mods-CTSC).

Back