• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seattle Area - HUGE favor needed!

Long story short, I'm a little concerned at this point that something strange is going on being that I paid for a complete VRH front kit from Umbrella so long ago I don't even remember the specific month and have yet to recieve it. They always return my calls and are appologetic and sympathetic, and for the better part of the last two months it's been "on the bench for pressure testing and should ship out in a week or two"... The fact that they answer me and call me back instead of blowing me off seems like they are being honest, which is why I haven't really been getting too upset about the legnth of time. I guess my patience is starting to wear.

I'm in VA and can't just drop in there and look around. Would someone be willing to check it out for me? Shoot me a PM if you're in the area and wouldn't mind stopping by the Umbrella shop on my behalf. Thanks.

Ravi is a one man show there. It will get done, but I can't give you any idea when that time will be.

Just a quick update. Still no kit. In a couple months it will be TWO YEARS since I paid in full. He still answers and returns all my calls and texts, promises me it will ship before the end of the month. Last i heard was I would have it before the first of the year. He's offered to give me a full refund, but after all the promises I've gotten that haven't been fulfilled, how can I trust a refund will even come? What do you guys think? I've been more than patient, and honestly I just want the kit but how long is too long? I'm going to call him again today and see what the deal is this time, but I feel like he should be the one calling me with status updates. From his facebook page it seems like he's been pretty busy building kits for other people and working on his own cars...

Wait. You've waited TWO YEARS? Not acceptable. Get your refund as the seller has , or take the guy to small claims if you offered.

The main bracket frame that the tank and pump bolt to and then bolts to the car broke off twice. One of the frame mounts that attaches to the back bumper bolt completely sheared off. Ravi said that the would only happen if I tracked the car which I never have. So he called me a liar and only after this thread popped up did he agree to fix it. That still cost me $80 for an already over priced system. After months without my kit, it finally arrived with the broken bracket welded back on and promptly broke again (in the same spot) 2 months later. The front and rear up/down switches failed not long after I originally purchased the kit. Ravi blamed me for that too saying that I must have installed them in a hole that was too tight. After this thread popped up and I reminded him of my multiple emails and messages complaining about the issue, he said he would mail me 2 new switches. Those have yet to arrive. I the meantime, I ordered replacement switches from digikey which work fine in the same holes for years now. The solenoids are crap and get stuck all the time. Ive had to rebuild them 3 times already (this is easy and free but annoying and time consuming). All in all, if you are going pretend that you are an A list vendor, you must provide A list customer service.

Syndicate,

I think one of the downs (rear) may not be working could you please send me the info of where to obtain those parts I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not going to be sending this unit anywhere. Maybe if you don't mind pm me your contact info. too

Thanks

Sorry to hear of the delay with the kit. Two years is too long. It sounds like your not on his urgent list. Not sure what you can do other than ask for the money back. Hope all comes out for you.

I don't know what recourse you have, but if you paid with a credit card I would start with your credit card company and see what can be done on that end to get your money back for goods and services not received.

Any update on this? The only people who are on his urgent list are the people who get him positive publicity.....even then...his last project was magazine featured and THAT still took him 2 years. No one ever ends up happy with him. My friend has had a car there for over 3 years now and has probably paid off his house for him by now. Take your money and RUN.

Back