SCOTTSDALE

Originally posted by ALLAN:
where are the car hangouts in scottsdale? also what is the deal with the 91 octane high test here?
so you finally made it to arizona i take it. im down there about once a month at scottsdale airport and usually buy something from rm for the nsx. i just got a 360 modena and will be down next month for the rm challenge grill let me know when you get your diablo.

also what is the deal with the 91 octane high test here?

We can help, but only if you tell us more about what your "complaint" is?

In the mean time.....octane ratings vary across the nation vs Summer or Winter. Nothing new for the last, oh, thirty years or so.

my car arrived in scottsdale on sunday. my complaint is that im worried about running the nos in it with only 91 octane, as ive already noticed a difference in performance. i spoke with a lambo dealer here and they informed that 76 stations sell race gas.i never knew that octane ratings vary across the nation, in florida its always been 93.

Allan,
Saturday night at the Scottsdale Pavilions
(Just west of the Indian Bend exit off the 101 freeway) there is a local bring your own car type of show. Also, there is race gas here but only at certain stations (very rare here in chandler) there is an In-The-Zone Mobil that sells 101 octane for 3.XX per gallon kinda where im at.

------------------
1992 NSX Red-Black 5-Speed

I forgot to say that gas WAS 92 octane not even 2 months ago, I asked multiple gas stations whats the deal and they said the state just changed it...so we're stuck with 91 for now I guess

------------------

yes, thats what they told me, that they just changed it. i did find a 76 station that sells 100 octan for almost 5.00 a gallon, but you cant pump it into your car at the pump, you need a gas can. big pain in the ass. what kind of cars go to this show? maybe not this week but next week i could go.

The 101 octane down here in chandler you can put right in your car.
Its pretty much a little bit of everything, sometimes I'm there with my NSX, usually there will be the yellow NSX there. As far as your Lambo, that would be the show stopper, as it is really rare to see one on the road here. Everything from hot rods to new corvettes to a lot of tricked out imports. The best time to go is probably around 7:00-8:00 p.m. There was another one held around ASU, (better in my opinion, younger crowd) but the cops have been closing the parking lots and shutting down streets so we can't have it anymore. Every time we go somewhere new it only lasts maybe a month

------------------

im going to be in scottsdale tuesday to have rm install some springs, does anyone know a good place to align? the acura dealer cant do it because i have 19 ich rims on the rear and its too wide, thanks!

Go to Mark Basch (Basch Acura), its not that far of a drive from Scottsdale (Less than 10 minutes from Sky Harbor Airport), give them a call and ask to make an appointment though.
Number is 602-244-8010.

------------------

The Scottsdale pavillions Car show is "every" Saturday 2pm'ish till 10pm'ish.
Yes thats my Yellow NSX by the way.
PS.... My friend Brian just picked up a 2001 SV Diablo and has stopped all in the show.3 weeks in a row.Beautifully finished in "mege" carbon fiber.We had a great photo shoot at Falcon Field Jet Museum Sunday.The cast included Yellow Lambo Diablo/Black Viper/Ferrari F-355/Yellow NSX/Blue Cobra convertable/White Supra/Purple Corvette/Red Slantnose Porsche and I think thats it.
Anyway let us know if your coming as we can save a premium spot till 4:30 PM.
PSS there is race fuel in the gas station in the same lot.The 76 Station near McDonalds .
The Pavillions is at (Indian Bend and the 101) west about 1 block or so of the 101 on the north side of the street there will be 500-700 cars by 6 pm.

------------------

Hey Sayanara,
Is that who I think it is??:)Did you order the basch boost yet??Where have you been??
We miss ya'....
See ya' hopefully this weekend at the pavillions.
PS I think were all cruisin' to either Vegas or San Diego next week end for a couple days comon' down.There will be a great convoy of exotics and we'd all love to see you there..
MYNSX.
Great mods ordered for the banana.Youll love it.
PSS..You gotta e-mail me your # so I can call if something comes up that you might be interested in. [email protected]

------------------

sounds like fun. if your friends diablo is a 2001 it cant be a sv. they were only made till 1999. his would have to be a 6.0. do they go out racing afterwards? ive been thinking about picking up a supra twin turbo and doing it up also. are there any nice performance shops around here? i havent been able to find one and im thinking of opening one.

MYNSX,
Ya, its Sean (the young punk-ass) I am still trying to figure out where everyone is going on saturday night after the pavilions (you know, like the ASU parking lots that the cops close down every saturday night)...I'll try to make it up to the pavilions this weekend, I just think the other show was better in my opinion.

------------------

Allan,
If you want to go hang out and mess around after the car show, there is a group that usually does that (talk to MYNSX, in his yellow NSX), as for performance, I don't know if you have been to Scottsdale Lotus already (they have Lamborghinis for sale there) but there is a small shop called 'Global Motorsports' right next to it that specializes in exotics (don't know all the details, never been in there). But your best bet would be Apex Racing in Tempe (VERY Popular company out here!), they can get pretty much everything you want for pretty much whatever car you need it for, cool guys that work there too. I was looking for months for a certain set of rims that I wanted and wouldn't accept another style, Apex got them for me, they had to go overseas, but they werent bothered at all with my special request.(By the way, Almost every Supra around here has bought stuff from them because they can get everything). There number is 480-967-6515, Victor, Ben or Andy should be able to help you.
Hope that helps, if you need directions to either Global Motorsports or Apex, just post here again.
Hope that helps.

------------------

My mistake it is a VT in fly yellow.He'll probably be there @ the show.And yes we do the young punk thing shoot down the 101 about 9 ish' south(hope there are no cops listening)theres a great right hander onto the 202,then off @ Scottsdale/Rural(same difference south over the bridge then left on Rio Solado there's a lot on the left just a few feet down ,lets say 500 feet down ,from there cruise Mill Ave (not more than 3 passes)you'll get a ticket otherwise.And then to the clubs in Scottsdale etc.etc. then usually Denny's(south of Camelback on Scottsdale Rd.) about 1-2 am for breakfast then either home or to some ones house till the sun comes up which is what it was last Sunday.

------------------

And yes he did say and the car says 6.0.My mistake .PSs Brian (the Lambo man) is a really good guy to ride w/ and a good friend to many people.
Hope to see ya's there...if not this weekend any weekend I'm usually there unless Im in jail or something (just kiddin')

------------------

Yea "punk" the after show show was going strong unfortunatly a few to may imports literally drag racing and Supra burn-out end ed the 500 plus cars that was a neat place to hang out.
Sean read the post I put w/ the directions to the temperary /alternate spot where we can at least meet a few and creat a place to park or cruise I'm game as long as theres cars and people.

------------------

im going to try and come by the pavilions today for a little bit. i cant stay long as my fiancee is just here till tuesday and we have alot to get done. ill try and be there between 5-6. maybe alittle earlier. hope to see some of you there.

hey my nsx, whats up? i saw a burnt orange mclaren f1 on scottsdale road today. honestly, its not that nice of a car. personally i feel the lambo has much more road presence. hey sayonara, i saw your car. nice. never got to meet you though.looking forward to going out running around one night.

MYNSX here watchin Fast and Furious on DVD,hopefully I'll be watchin it in my car this weekend.Good to see you show up @ the Pavillions (sorry about the parking confusion)I'm sure you'll live though it.
PS... It road trip time,I say Vegas others say San Diego.At the very least a hour cruise up to Sedona.It it really beautiful and a good cruise on a Sunday.I'm talkin to you too Sayanara "Sushi's" on me if your done puking from last time. :) Actually you did pretty well so c'mon gather the troops....

------------------

Allan + MYNSX
Sorry I couldn't stay for long on Saturday, had a hockey game I had to play in...anyway,
Allan, the main reason I came up there for the short time was just to check out your Diablo (and ya, its as tight as I thought it would be) I'm sure I'll see you another weekend....
Ya MYNSX I would love to go on that drive, but my birthday party is this Saturday night (it's gonna be crazy too!)....so I don't know if I can make it this time.
See you guys later

------------------

Back