SC430

I'm still not feelin' it. Even the SC430 pace car with the SSR GT3s doesn't do it for me.

I am not forcing it on anyone. I agree it is very polorizing with a love or hate repsonse. I myself prefer the 1st gen to the 2nd gen (like 2 different cars to me). Just sharing pics.:cool:

But the SC 430 has hella attention to detail that for 10-30k less than competitors, is awesome.

1SICKLEX said:
I am not forcing it on anyone. I agree it is very polorizing with a love or hate repsonse. I myself prefer the 1st gen to the 2nd gen (like 2 different cars to me). Just sharing pics.:cool:

But the SC 430 has hella attention to detail that for 10-30k less than competitors, is awesome.

That's cool. I didn't think you were forcing it on anyone. If anything, I found the pics to be quite helpful. I had always felt that the car might look more pleasurable (to me) if those darn ugly stock wheels got replaced. I guess I just can't get past that French Riviera inspired styling.

I don't like them either, only old men and women driving em around here...

but, I have to say, the one with 20" Oz is real real nice... I can't imagine the angular looking wheel will fit the Round Soap body style... but NICE, it could be the lowered stance, but It brought out the aggresiveness out... (maybe it's black and it's a dark pic.)

I like cars with Aggresive personality when it comes to looks...

oh I have to take it back: Too Aggressive = Butt ugly = New BMWs....:D

Usually, anything good looking will catch your eye and not let go. When I first saw the tail lights, I thought they were cool and drove up to see what car it was, a SC430. I didn't like the rest of the car, and I still don't to this day. Although I own an NSX, I still get goose bumps seeing one on the road.

Joel said:
Well I wouldn't call it HIDEOUS.

It's a beautiful car. period. Just as the NSX is a beautiful car. period. Both are gorgeous in their different ways.

No need to knock a car down just because it doesn't have the N, S and X on it.
My comment has nothing to do with the fact that I own NSXs. I simply think the SC430 is butt-ugly. You obviously like it a lot. To each his own.
Steve

AndyH said:
M3 is awesome but feel like driving an SUV
just my thought
E46 M3 definitely is not like driving an SUV.
Did you even ever drive M3 on the twisties or track HARD or did you just do a test drive? You will be surprised what this car can do. Definitely very different feeling with NSX since it is at a different class :)

This is one car where I have to reconsider the whole "looks are subjective" theory. Aesthetically, Liz Hurley is more beautiful than Rosanne Barr. No way getting around that.

SC430...i sort of like it....why? here's the story....

i went to beverly hills (rodeo drive) a few months ago and saw a beautiful, elegant lady (early 30s, i believe).....she was beautiful from head to toe. she was driving an SC430 at the time with the top down so i was mesmerized by the elegance of her combined with this automobile. looks are subjective alright.....only in this combo do i find the elegance of the SC430.....

as for others such as M3, boxster, G35, etc.....ask yourself one question....the same question i ask myself.

how attractive is the car when you see it far away in the distance?
(reason being that cars look different when you're standing next to it)

-in front of you
-in back of you
-at night time following you

sub-consciously, i jump everytime i see an nsx.....but as for others, they just don't attractive me enough because out of hundreds of cars on the highway, street, etc...they're exterior appearances just do not have the same shock factor as the nsx.

i am still impressed whenever i drive with local nsxers at night time....i just love the way the nsx sits low and looks mysterious....ready to disappear from your sight at the rush of 8000rpm.....
:)

Agree with NSXDreamer2, the median age of SC 430 drivers in Seattle must be 73...not to mention I see several driving to and from work every day. Never see another NSX.

Yeah, the demographics for SC430s are hella different I am sure than a NSX or the previous SC 300/400. For one, the car is 72k. The car sold all 12,000 copies it's first year and on pace for 10,000 each year there after, way more than NSXs possbily combined so they will be more common.
but the car just looks too much like a turtle.
:D

That about is as funny as a comment someone said on our board that the new 350Z looks like a frog hunched over taking a dump.:D

Back