raced a z06 on the freeway tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
wanted: turbo or supercharger

LOL!! But that's still not the answer to a turbo or a supercharger.

I've sat in a Z06 a week ago but the interior is like... (I can't even describe how poor it is). Sure, the Z06 is faster but it doesn't come close to the Xperience. Call me patriotic :D

supergreen125 said:

Thats why they make Nitrous. For the late night meeting with a ZO6. Trust me HIE with a 75 shot will put a ZO6 in its place from 0-60, 70-150, and the 1/4 ;)

Go to your local dragstrip and you will see rusty malibus routinely beating Z06's. Old datsun B210's running in the 10's.... point is: who really cares? YOU still drive and NSX and he was driving a Corvette! Apples and oranges to me.

But if HP is that important to you, by all means support the NSX aftermarket by buying all the go-fast goodies you can! Nothing wrong with that IMO. But remember, there will always be some rusty old chevy that can blow your doors off! :)

Speaking of which I was driving my 67 camaro this weekend and did the most excellent rolling burnout... IN SECOND GEAR, going about 20 mph the rear end broke sideways... it was sick! Damn, i'm gonna miss that car when I sell it.

I, too, was out yesterday and saw a long, red hood trying to pry into my trunk. It was a hotshot in a Z06. I noticed him while in 2nd gear after the stoplight changed. I gunned it a little through the next couple of gears (never past 6500 rpm; TCS still ON) but this guy was already in drag mode (perhaps in drag, as well:) ). He blew past me . I played along until about 125mph and backed down. Those things ARE fast. But, they're still Corvettes.

Re: Re: raced a z06 on the freeway tonight

nicholas421 said:
this should be in the parts wanted section... or maybe nsx for sale section.
this is not actually a wanted ad. just trying to put a smile on your face.
gotta hand it to chevy though... they sure know how to put a huge engine in a car.

AJKS said:
Thats why they make Nitrous. For the late night meeting with a ZO6. Trust me HIE with a 75 shot will put a ZO6 in its place from 0-60, 70-150, and the 1/4 ;)

I know this for a fact, I was putting along on a long causeway and a z06 came up even and gunned it,I was going about 60mph right in the sweet spot and banged it hard and hit the nitrous...pulled on him to 140(had stopped spraying at 100) and I was at least several car lengths ahead as I backed off he pulled up again and gave me a smile and a big thumbs up which suprised me somewhat and made me happy, just some freindly show me what you got. anyway I love the spray not just to 'race' heck I use it more when I am all alone on a very empty road all to myself and just get off big time hit and drift hit and drift..ah the pure joy.
David

Re: Re: Re: raced a z06 on the freeway tonight

supergreen125 said:
this is not actually a wanted ad. just trying to put a smile on your face.

i gathered that. i was implying that maybe you should sell your nsx because it's too slow. humor is so difficult to convey thru the internet... or maybe i'm just not funny.

Re: Re: Re: raced a z06 on the freeway tonight

BadCarma said:
anyway I love the spray
David
hahah!! that's a great way to end a post about nitrous.
so that's all it takes? just a 75 shot?
are we talking direct port or just a single fogger?
-just curious.

i miss my del sol. :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: raced a z06 on the freeway tonight

nicholas421 said:
i was implying that maybe you should sell your nsx because it's too slow.
do you actually think i expected to win?
your choice of words leads me to believe you don't own an nsx.

oh wait... did i miss some humor again??

Last edited:
kgb_agent said:
(never past 6500 rpm; TCS still ON)
He blew past me .

That's like fighting with one hand tied behind your back.

Originally posted by supergreen125
your choice of words leads me to believe you don't own an nsx.

I've seen Nick's NSX; he's not just a poser here...

Get a GJ TURBO!!

Screw the Nitrous, get some forced induction like Gerry Johnsons TURBO. Nitrous is awesome I'm sure, but after sitting in a GJ equipped car, nothing feels fast anymore.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Best turbo EVA!

ravi

ZO6

I raced a ZO6 once from zero and we were dead even for about 4 seconds.......................................................................................
............................................................................................
................................................................................................

..Then the lights turned green and he was gone J/K

The thruth: "When you see an Agent, do like the rest of us-RUN"

supergreen125 said:
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
So am I correct to say: Turbo/Supercharger + NOS= Z06 killer??

Deuce said:
So am I correct to say: Turbo/Supercharger + NOS= Z06 killer??
if your engine lasts long enough to find one!

I ran a '02 ZO6 (405hp model) once...

side by side 3rd and 4th gear pulls...and I had an extra passenger.

That was with my car running only 5psi boost.

add another 1psi with a little better tuning and I should be able to slightly walk away.

Allen

Off topic, but

Ken, when did you change your picture to a dog? I assume that is your dog?

Jason

I thought it was his new after market car cover!;)

osugrad97 said:
Off topic, but

Ken, when did you change your picture to a dog? I assume that is your dog?

Jason

Yes, that is a photo of Cosmo, taken at Road America at NSXPO 2001.

Wooky,lol

Don't race 'em on the highway.
Take 'em on at the track you'll beat 'em all,
and its legal:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back