PURCHASED A F355 F-1 GTS TODAY!! :)

Originally posted by Tom Larkins:
Those are beautiful cars, Congrats. I assume you bought the 31k mileage one. Please give us the low down on the F1 tranny as I know it was a concern of yours. I've read and seen from a local mech. that they require nearly exact and quick shifting between changes and thats where owners get into trouble w/them, conversly $'s to repair. Give us an impression after you put some wheel time on it. Thanks.

Can you embellish on the exact quick shifting issues associated w/ them.??
Yes the trannies are expensive.
You only live once.
No wife
No kids
Thank GOD!!
(theremight be a time "but" not now)

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Originally posted by Syonara:
Sick, just plain sick. Damn thats nice
Soooooo, when do a get a ride/turn in the drivers seat????
Tight car, nice choice.
Lemme guess on the license plate
"My 355"
"My F355"

You will have to actually "show up" and get away from the strip clubs!!
smile.gif

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Originally posted by NSXaholic:
The 355 is a sweet car. The fact that you got an F-1 as opposed to a stick...well, nobody's perfect.
tongue.gif

I DROVE THE STICK AND DIDN'T LIKE IT.

Congratulations on picking up a wonderful ride. Give us a sense of what '99s are going for these days. I'm sure with the economy the way it is, you got a great deal on it.

THATS DEFINATLY PART OF IT
smile.gif

Post pics when you can. For some reason, the pictures of your car aren't loading (they may have taken them down by the time I clicked on it).

Congratulations again.

EDIT: The pictures are now loading fine. I had seen the car being advertised for some time now. How long did they have it with them?

A LITTLE WHILE.

Regards.

[This message has been edited by NSXaholic (edited 04 March 2003).]

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Originally posted by 5inchfatlip:
MYNSX- I didnt know you were coming out here to get it, I live about 15 miles from that dealer, and have been there a couple times to check out other cars..

I would have liked to meet for lunch.
I have a feeling I'll be back there again
for my next car.
smile.gif

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Originally posted by MYNSX:

Can you embellish on the exact quick shifting issues associated w/ them.??

No expert on the issue of the F1 tranny by any means. Spent some time at one of the few shops the works on them in town as I would like to have one on a lift above my nsx and have done checking into the service issues. They were nice enough to show me in detail some of the concerns w/the 6spd and F1 as they had 3 of them up on racks w/schd. maint. underway. They indicated the F1 was a tranny that is amazing, capable if gear changes in 1000th's of a second, but its at the mercy of fingers on the paddles and takes some getting use too. While it automatically adjusts to decrease travel w/its components they wear at a greater level do to the lack of driver ability to change clutch imput manually. Its hard for me to explain this verbally, but I assume they slip in a fashion to make up for manual imput from the driver in exact movements or the trans. is so advanced it doesn't like what some do to it. Funny thing is from what i've learned that the 6sp and F1 have both had issues in instances and other drivers w/the same cars have none concerns at all, so who can nail the problem down other that to say it must be the people driving them thats the problem. Do a search on f-chat under 355f1 and you'll see what I mean if you havn't already. Again, congrats and keep us posted on your impressions and share any past issues you have learned about it, if any. At the price you payed for it, these things are getting within reach, and no stickers please.

Originally posted by Tom Larkins:

No expert on the issue of the F1 tranny by any means. Spent some time at one of the few shops the works on them in town as I would like to have one on a lift above my nsx and have done checking into the service issues. They were nice enough to show me in detail some of the concerns w/the 6spd and F1 as they had 3 of them up on racks w/schd. maint. underway. They indicated the F1 was a tranny that is amazing, capable if gear changes in 1000th's of a second, but its at the mercy of fingers on the paddles and takes some getting use too. While it automatically adjusts to decrease travel w/its components they wear at a greater level do to the lack of driver ability to change clutch imput manually. Its hard for me to explain this verbally, but I assume they slip in a fashion to make up for manual imput from the driver in exact movements or the trans. is so advanced it doesn't like what some do to it. Funny thing is from what i've learned that the 6sp and F1 have both had issues in instances and other drivers w/the same cars have none concerns at all, so who can nail the problem down other that to say it must be the people driving them thats the problem. Do a search on f-chat under 355f1 and you'll see what I mean if you havn't already. Again, congrats and keep us posted on your impressions and share any past issues you have learned about it, if any. At the price you payed for it, these things are getting within reach, and no stickers please.

THANKS,
My F-1 will be arriving tomorrow noon-5pm !!
I'm lookin foward to this weekend.

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Back