• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

Hey guys... Out of respect for this thread please stay on topic... If you guys want to talk about racing compare it in another thread. HBui has been an upstanding guy and I have no reason to call him a liar or try to bash his claim. An inexperienced driver, poorly maintained car, misshifts or other factors could have attributed to him going slower around the track vs HBui. Anyway, thanks again guys for staying on topic.

I will have higher fuel pressure results up by Tuesday :) We will be using an AEM direct replacement fuel pressure regulator.

I can't believe I am just now coming across this thread!!! :eek:

Just read the first page and I already want to buy. :biggrin:

Will be coming back to read the whole thread.
And then probably putting an order in.... :cool:

It's a really nice mod! I've had positive feedback... and we are constantly working to improve on it.

Hey guys... Out of respect for this thread please stay on topic... If you guys want to talk about racing compare it in another thread. HBui has been an upstanding guy and I have no reason to call him a liar or try to bash his claim. An inexperienced driver, poorly maintained car, misshifts or other factors could have attributed to him going slower around the track vs HBui. Anyway, thanks again guys for staying on topic.

I will have higher fuel pressure results up by Tuesday :) We will be using an AEM direct replacement fuel pressure regulator.

Yes please guys.

Brian,
Can you go back and help with my questions? I think they started about post 231.

Thanks
Mike

i had no intent of going off topic, just sharing the performance of the car with this mod with everyone and it performed reliably and consistantly all day long... and got me home 3.5 hours later. i would think this info is pertinent to this discussion. i was certainly surprised i kept up with the fancy new C4S on the straights, but it happened.

with that said, people here do not understand the drivetrain losses of AWD. here is a surprising dyno i found of a C4S... http://www.porscheboost.com/content...t-headers-and-custom-OE-Tuning-tune-18-4-AWHP granted, the car i encountered was not a tiptronic and probably made a bit more power, but this demonstrates the fallacies in using manufacturer claimed hp vs wheel hp and validates my point. (and that CL65 Captain is an ignorant ass)

Unfortunately for you, CL65 Captain has a video and physics on his side.....

Physics also need to include the efficiency equation to begin with. CL 65 only calculate the power to wt ratio and HBui is right.
Its my guess that a Porsche owner would not take his new car on the track just to putt around and get passed by much older cars. If it was a race car, that might be there for a shakedown then even a spec miata can pass him.

Last edited:
Update guys... We tested the RDX injectors yesterday and we noticed no gains from running higher PSI.... We spent over 3 hours tuning it and there wasn't enough of a gain to justify upping the pressure. We plan to revisit it in the future down the road but not anytime soon. I was hoping to see some positive gains but we didn't see it... we did everything we could. So as of right now it's best to stay with the OEM fuel pressure regulator and run the RDX injectors and our ecu ROM tune. =) We did test something else with positive gains... I will update you guys soon and start a new thread for it. Have a good day guys! =)

Update guys... We tested the RDX injectors yesterday and we noticed no gains from running higher PSI.... We spent over 3 hours tuning it and there wasn't enough of a gain to justify upping the pressure. We plan to revisit it in the future down the road but not anytime soon. I was hoping to see some positive gains but we didn't see it... we did everything we could. So as of right now it's best to stay with the OEM fuel pressure regulator and run the RDX injectors and our ecu ROM tune. =) We did test something else with positive gains... I will update you guys soon and start a new thread for it. Have a good day guys! =)
booooo :frown: sad to hear.

do you still have the tune saved anyway? are you able to flash one of your chips with the this tune?

- Any dynos with the ID 725 Injectors?
- Will your latest power mod require another ecu flash?

Update guys... We tested the RDX injectors yesterday and we noticed no gains from running higher PSI.... We spent over 3 hours tuning it and there wasn't enough of a gain to justify upping the pressure.

Was this due to high AFR?

If so, and this was with a stock fuel pump, then it may be because of the OEM weak pump pressure/flow curve.

For example, if our fuel system is maxed out OEM, then increasing the pressure will just result in a decrease in flow and no real change in power. However, if you now have a better pump that can provide the required flow at your new higher pressure, then you should be OK.

BUT... there's also the possibility that there really is no benefit to running these at higher pressure. I'm no injector designer, but the flow is probably choked already and the spray pattern and droplet size will not change with an increase in fuel pressure.

Thanks for the testing.

Dave

Was this due to high AFR?

If so, and this was with a stock fuel pump, then it may be because of the OEM weak pump pressure/flow curve.

For example, if our fuel system is maxed out OEM, then increasing the pressure will just result in a decrease in flow and no real change in power. However, if you now have a better pump that can provide the required flow at your new higher pressure, then you should be OK.

BUT... there's also the possibility that there really is no benefit to running these at higher pressure. I'm no injector designer, but the flow is probably choked already and the spray pattern and droplet size will not change with an increase in fuel pressure.

Thanks for the testing.

Dave

Ding, ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! =) Yes, That is what happened. We already have plans to test a car with a walbro down the road.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! =) Yes, That is what happened. We already have plans to test a car with a walbro down the road.
There's still hope! Other independent test on other cars show an improvement with higher pressures so hope it's that way for the NSX too.

I'm running an AEM FPR + Walbro 255 with the RDX injectors on an OBD1 with an F/IC as a last resort if you need it.

Nice. Do I get a prize? I'd be happy if someone bought my brand new SOS Walbro 255 pump kit that's for sale in the marketplace for $110 shipped :wink::biggrin:

I'm thinking of getting this mod for my car, and I'm trying to decide if a changing the fuel pump would be prudent. If i'm interpreting the above posts correctly, I'm thinking maybe I should go for it. What do you think? I was considering having Source 1 automotive do the installation. Thanks

You should do it IMO, the original parts are very old at this point and probably reaching intended lifespan. It's very inexpensive and you are getting a reliable product whether you are NA or FI. I paid the same that Mac is asking in above post but have not installed it yet.

Different "stages" for this mod would make sense me thinks :cool:

OBD1:
Stage 1 - RDX Injectors, ECU Tune (in whatever I/H/E you have)
Stage 2 - RDX Injectors, Fuel Pump, FPR, ECU Tune (in whatever I/H/E you have)
Stage 3 - RDX Injectors, Fuel Pump, FPR, ECU Tune (in whatever I/H/E you have) and/or FIC/EMS (boosted application)

Stage 1 preserves the factory fuel pressure and entails minimal upgrades. Stage 2 and up are more involved but also should yield more.

OBD2 guys will require a F/IC or EMS obviously.

Nice. Do I get a prize? I'd be happy if someone bought my brand new SOS Walbro 255 pump kit that's for sale in the marketplace for $110 shipped :wink::biggrin:

Lol I'll give you a hug =)

I'm thinking of getting this mod for my car, and I'm trying to decide if a changing the fuel pump would be prudent. If i'm interpreting the above posts correctly, I'm thinking maybe I should go for it. What do you think? I was considering having Source 1 automotive do the installation. Thanks

It wouldn't hurt to get a fresh fuel pump but not needed with our mod. Source 1 Automotive is excellent and I recommend them for the installation.

You should do it IMO, the original parts are very old at this point and probably reaching intended lifespan. It's very inexpensive and you are getting a reliable product whether you are NA or FI. I paid the same that Mac is asking in above post but have not installed it yet.

I agree with you!

im interested in this mod. what fpr and fuel pump would you recommend me to upgrade too?

In the future we will have a fpr and pump mod... I recommend the AEM FPR for the NSX and a walbro intank fuel pump.

Different "stages" for this mod would make sense me thinks :cool:

OBD1:
Stage 1 - RDX Injectors, ECU Tune (in whatever I/H/E you have)
Stage 2 - RDX Injectors, Fuel Pump, FPR, ECU Tune (in whatever I/H/E you have)
Stage 3 - RDX Injectors, Fuel Pump, FPR, ECU Tune (in whatever I/H/E you have) and/or FIC/EMS (boosted application)

Stage 1 preserves the factory fuel pressure and entails minimal upgrades. Stage 2 and up are more involved but also should yield more.

OBD2 guys will require a F/IC or EMS obviously.

Yes I will have different versions once everything is tested out to make sure it makes power. =)

If you're on the fence this is a good time to pull the trigger!

So for OBDII what are you selling exactly? 6 RDX Injectors? You aren't selling a tune, so what is the product?

im guessing a walboro 255 pump, which aem fpr though? sorry im a newb to the nsx. still learning the ropes.

No prob! THe AEM FPR is AEM Part# 25-303BK

So for OBDII what are you selling exactly? 6 RDX Injectors? You aren't selling a tune, so what is the product?

I think it might be confusing but for the OBDII once a tuned is completed we will be offering the Injector kit and AEM FIC with our tune.

The original post says the $425 is for the injectors and installation kit. Any ECU changes or tuning are extra.

Yes, It is $425 for 6 New RDX injectors and install kit plus $349 for the ECU ROM service which includes us reprogramming it and sending it back to you.

Back