Proposed SGV mini-meet for the drive down to C&C

RYU

Legendary Member
Tech Expert
Just thought it would be fun for the handful of us in SGV who will be driving down to C&C anyway... caravan down!

Anyone interested?

The two locations would be determined by who wants to join in. I figure if the majority of us are meeting from Pasadena/San Gabriel/Arcadia area then meeting close to the 710/10 would make sense. If most are coming from West Covina area then the 605/10 might make sense? I'm also not going to make this a big production because the main meet is in C&C. Consider this a warm-up event.

Let's keep it mature and stay under 85 mph :) haha Can't afford another ticket.

And if you're not in the SGV area but want to meet up anyway AND also want to get up at 5am in the morning then please! come join!

*********** UPDATED 1/30/09, 830am:IMPORTANT INFO***************

Final Confirmed Location: The Hat @ 1 W Valley Blvd, Alhambra, CA‎ - (626) 282-0140 (on the NW corner of Garfield and Valley Blvd.)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=the+hat+alhambra&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.335236,79.101563&ie=UTF8&ll=39.842286,-95.712891&spn=31.18415,79.101563&z=4&iwloc=A

TIME: 5:00am

ATTENDEES: If you're a maybe and you'd like me add to you to the confirmed list please PM me. Otherwise if everyone on the confirmed list is there before 520am we will leave. We will only wait for confirmed attendees until 520am after that.. see you on the fwy!!

CONFIRMED:
1. RYU
2. TOOLTIME
3. JCC
4. OnebadKA9RL
5. otoro
6. giftedg
7. mcano
8. striker525

UNCONFIRMED:
1. CDX_NSX
2. warren1205 (you're selling your NSX or otherwise going from the South Bay right?)
3. sokudo88

Last edited:
It would have been nice to see my buddies from SGV...

Here are a few photos of today's C&C.
(more photos here :http://www.nsx1.com/images/pag/pag_081220/index.html)

pag_081220_001_800.jpg

pag_081220_002_800.jpg

pag_081220_003_800.jpg

pag_081220_004_800.jpg

pag_081220_006_800.jpg

UPDATE:
I'm gonna throw out there that we should meet at The Hat in Alhambra on Valley/Garfield. Seems like a central enough place for everyone and close to the fwy? They also have a visible parking lot that's easy ingress/egress.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=the+hat+alhambra&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.335236,79.101563&ie=UTF8&ll=39.842286,-95.712891&spn=31.18415,79.101563&z=4&iwloc=A

Sounds good to me:smile:[/QUOTE]

sounds good to me too.

I'm actually by the 57 fwy, but if I wake up early enough, I'll head out to meet you guys. How is the driveway at the Hat?

I'm actually by the 57 fwy, but if I wake up early enough, I'll head out to meet you guys. How is the driveway at the Hat?
Sounds like you're probably already halfway to C&C but if somehow you feel like making the drive would love to have you join us.

The good thing about The Hat is that is it on the corner with several access points and all the restaurants in that area have interconnecting parking lots. There's an alley that runs on both sides behind the property which makes entry and exit pretty much infinite. From what I remember the most obvious entry from Garfield (there's two) is not the best but if you cut it you should be fine. The entry from Valley is better. I'll check it out this week. It's an easy detour.

Sounds like you're probably already halfway to C&C but if somehow you feel like making the drive would love to have you join us.

The good thing about The Hat is that is it on the corner with several access points and all the restaurants in that area have interconnecting parking lots. There's an alley that runs on both sides behind the property which makes entry and exit pretty much infinite. From what I remember the most obvious entry from Garfield (there's two) is not the best but if you cut it you should be fine. The entry from Valley is better. I'll check it out this week. It's an easy detour.

Not quite half way since I'm also off the 210 :D, but yeah, it's an additional 10 mins. or so if I make the detour to Alhambra.

Yeah, I remember that the driveway at Garfield is a little steep, but I think that it isn't too bad. If there are better entrances (exits, really ;)), all the better. :)

Cool! Just keep the street racing down to a minimum...:biggrin: at least when passing a police station.

*Cough, JC, cough* cough*

:confused: Nothing happened!!!
Lol good times guys~!

Jerry, welcome back from Taiwan!

Thanks Eric. Also, were you able to update vids/photos from the last meet? I took my CF card with me on the trip without dumping it out, and deleted most of the pics from the meet to make room :redface:

*Cough, JC, cough* cough*

Thanks Eric. Also, were you able to update vids/photos from the last meet? I took my CF card with me on the trip without dumping it out, and deleted most of the pics from the meet to make room :redface:

I need to upload them still. Ive been sooo behind everything *face palm*
I'm struggling to wake up for classes too! Getting used to 5am classes when you've been sleeping at 6AM for the whole winter break is hard!!!:redface: I'll upload them soon!
Btw we sstill need to meet up so I can get pshop from ya!

I'm in with maybe one other NSX. so what time at the hat?

I'm in with maybe one other NSX. so what time at the hat?
Ok guys, this will be early!!!

Everyone is planning to stage at the Spectrum at 6am with a departure time of 6:25 (see below). This makes sense since you really should be parked at C&C by 7am.

It will take us 45mins to get to the Spectrum therefore I propose we meet no later than 5:10am at The Hat so we can be on the road by 5:20am. This should give us enough cushion to get there around 6am.

If you're not there by 5:20am then just catch up with us on the FWY. I won't be taking headcount.

Any thoughts???

Note: Parade entrance staging area
For those interested, a group will make a parade entrance into the C&C lot. We will meet at the Irvine Spectrum east parking structure on the roof level. This is one of two parking structures at the Spectrum and the one located off Gateway Blvd. just south of Fortune Drive. Here is a link to a map showing the exact location...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...06866&t=h&z=17

Assembly will begin at 6:00 AM. We will depart from the roof level at exactly 6:25 AM. The Cars & Coffee venue is just north on Gateway about 2/3 of a mile away. Although a short parade run, we still have two other things to enjoy in addition to the Cars & Coffee event itself... some great photo opportunities on the roof and the awesome sound of perhaps 40 or so NSXs' roaring down the parking structure rampway. Please arrive early to allow time to get our cars staged and for taking photos.

Last edited:
Hope you guys can wake up early :biggrin:
I'll see if I can get my dad to come out. I need someone to drive so I can take pictures :p

Just thought it would be fun for the handful of us in SGV who will be driving down to C&C anyway... caravan down!

Anyone interested?

The two locations would be determined by who wants to join in. I figure if the majority of us are meeting from Pasadena/San Gabriel/Arcadia area then meeting close to the 710/10 would make sense. If most are coming from West Covina area then the 605/10 might make sense? I'm also not going to make this a big production because the main meet is in C&C. Consider this a warm-up event.

Let's keep it mature and stay under 85 mph :) haha Can't afford another ticket.

And if you're not in the SGV area but want to meet up anyway AND also want to get up at 5am in the morning then please! come join!

UPDATE:
I'm gonna throw out there that we should meet at The Hat in Alhambra on Valley/Garfield. Seems like a central enough place for everyone and close to the fwy? They also have a visible parking lot that's easy ingress/egress.

TIME: 5:10am (see post #20 for comments)

ryu,

Is there a new meeting place and time change that I heard you and Jerry talked about tonight???

Back