Project: Widebody - 02 Conversion

I just got the bumper out of the mold and trimmed up. I had some bubbles form in the outer gel coat causing some small voids. I don't know if it was because of the swing in temperature in my garage...oh well, easy to fix.

Here is a pic of the final part on the car.
DSCF0426sm.jpg

back to work...
Jeff

Very nice! I'll be up in your area in a few months. If the car is finished, i'd love to see it in person! I am very impressed.

Just an update.... Everything is coming together. I planing to have the roof panel out of the mold and on the car this weekend. I have a friend coming by Sunday to see if we can come up with a solution for the engine hatch hinge. With the domed roof and duct, we need to move the pivot point up or come up with some kind of scissor hinge to allow the duct on the hatch to clear the roof. I'm still waiting for my lexan hatch from Dali also. I think that is the last of the parts I need with the exception of ones I need to make (oh, and the wheels, which are on the way from [ O ] ). I'll try to get some more pics and get them up soon.

Back to work....
Jeff

I am absolutely in awe of the craftsmanship - nice work!

Sorry for the delay. My 9-5 job has become a 9-9 job lately. I only get an hour or two on the car every night. I was going to take some picture but the fillers being a different color than the body really makes it look like crap. Once I get the primer on the car (in the next week or two) I'll take some new pics. The roof looks incredible.... very aggressive :biggrin:

Just got word my Lexan hatch should be in soon. That is the last piece to get everything fitted together/gapped etc.

Thanks for all the support.
Jeff

Vroom,

Very nice ass!

I'm very interested in the sound of the Socery exhaust. Any sound clips? Do you like it? Is it a low rumble or high pitch?

Thnx.

Henry.

nsxhk said:
Vroom,

Very nice ass!

I'm very interested in the sound of the Socery exhaust. Any sound clips? Do you like it? Is it a low rumble or high pitch?

Thnx.

Henry.

I'll let you know as soon as I fire it up. The car is so covered in fine body filler dust I didn't want to take the chance on sucking any of it into the engine. In a few weeks (when I'm done with the body work) I'll clean it up roll it outside and wake up the neighbors :biggrin:

You do (as posted in other threads on NSX Prime) have to cut out a small section of the inner headlight bucket to fit the new lamps in. I cut little by little to make sure I didn't cut to much. It's very tight now but I figured I would file the rest by hand (maybe another 3/32") just to give me some adjustment later. Then trim it out with black door edge moulding so you don't see the cut edge.

Great write up and picts. Note that you do not absolutely need to cut the aluminum headlight frame. Rather, the adjuster motor's (which is not used on the US cars) plastic shroud can be removed to allow enough clearance.

take care,
-- Chris

Sorry for the delay. Just took some fresh pictures tonight.

DSCF0434sm.jpg

DSCF0437sm.jpg

DSCF0442sm.jpg

DSCF0443sm.jpg

DSCF0441sm.jpg

I am working on my own fuel door. I visited an import bone yard and found a 944 porsche hinge assembly will work. I'm even going to use the factory release :biggrin: Just got it mocked up.
DSCF0447sm.jpg

More to come...

RP-Motorsports said:
I still think the added "C" pillars and rear triangle windows are the best creation yet!!!!!

Fully agree! The huge rear glass was always a bit too 80s for me... :smile:

This car screams MCLAREN F1 from the rear...

...and THAT's GOOD!!! :D

I think the C pillar does do a lot to diminish the bubble look. You can't get a sense of it from the pics but it also frames in the engine a bit nicer from the outside. I also think continuing the roof line back 5" on to the rear hatch also makes the windshield look longer. The entire under side of the piece on the rear hatch is cf so it looks good with the hatch open also.

I'm playing with an idea to cut some vents into the back side of the roof duct (on the rear glass). Just feels a bit bulky to me know the way it is.

I'll post some close up pics soon.

All i can say is
"YOU DA MAN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, how long do you intend to drag this project out? Can it really take that long? Love to see you finish and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Good luck.

Back