prefrences 99 vs 04

Hello all,
Just looing for an oppinoin. I have my sights set on 2 nsx's. I wanted to see what you guys though. One is 99, 40,xxx some miles. Dealership said water pump and tb were just replaced and major service done. The other one 04 with 51,xxx miles but i have not got around to the srivice. Just wanted to see what you guys though. oh, and both are about the same price give or take 1k
Thanks

Last edited:
If the price differential is around $1k I'd be hitting up the 2004.

BTW...you have a spelling mistake on your sig...

Last edited:
Yeah, all depends your preference ...... the difference between a 97-01 vs an 02+ is not big anymore ...

Go with the 04 and save yourself the cost of changing the nose and rear end. Unless you plan to track and the 99 is a coupe not a T.

depends, I think the NSX 02+ rear is much better and yeah that will cost you some $$ if you do anything ... yet the front I am 70% for 91-01, 30% 02+ ... normally on car meets NSX owners are divided while most people that walk by prefer the pop-up lights .. the best of all is the Zanardi, Lighter, coupe, 3.2!!

Oscar

Hmm we never talk about it our NSX meets might be because majority of the group is 02+. Yeah that's really weird considering how rare the NSX is in Michigan.

Yeah the Zanardi is best of the bunch but if I got got one I'd have to change the front end. Hey that would make it lighter too:biggrin:

Pop-ups rule!

DSC00856.jpg

you can't go wrong either way ... yet, i like to drive an NSX with the front that Senna drove :)

Oscar

Last edited:
Hello all,
Just looing for an oppinoin. I have my sights set on 2 nsx's. I wanted to see what you guys though. One is 99, 40,xxx some miles. Dealership said water pump and tb were just replaced and major service done. The other one 04 with 51,xxx miles but i have not got around to the srivice. Just wanted to see what you guys though. oh, and both are about the same price give or take 1k
Thanks

Whichever one has Documented Service History. Don't take the Dealers word on it, have them show you what they did to the car. I prefer private party sales so you get the service records. Remember the 99 is now 10 years old and should be on its 2nd timing belt. The mileage isn't as much as a concern as the time intervals. Hopefully there were frequent oil changes and all other fluids should have been changed every 3 years.

To me the mechanical health of the car is #1 and the Aesthetics of pop-ups or no pop-ups, and color is #2. I tend to agree that a lot of people that own the pop-ups grow fond of the 02+ headlights and convert. Something to think about.

Good Luck :smile:

Whichever one has Documented Service History. Don't take the Dealers word on it, have them show you what they did to the car. I prefer private party sales so you get the service records. Remember the 99 is now 10 years old and should be on its 2nd timing belt. The mileage isn't as much as a concern as the time intervals. Hopefully there were frequent oil changes and all other fluids should have been changed every 3 years.

To me the mechanical health of the car is #1 and the Aesthetics of pop-ups or no pop-ups, and color is #2. I tend to agree that a lot of people that own the pop-ups grow fond of the 02+ headlights and convert. Something to think about.

Good Luck :smile:

What he said.

Thanks for the imput. You guys seem to have moved me towards the 02 and up only cause its only a few thousand more than the 97-2001. If the Z gets lemoned (pray it does) i should have the extra few thousand for the 02 up. I count the days. Nissan has 30 to respond, this is day 4 lol :)
again, you guys are a big help, thanks.

Back