Post your aftermarket sideview mirrors!

Can you expand on what you did?

i had to reshape the base since it doesn't exactly match the door contour where it's supposed to sit. I don't think the bases are made consistently so the shape and angles of the holes vary. If you use the bases without modifying them I think there would be gaps along the edges, primarily near the top side closest to the window. The gaps are mainly from the flat indentation area where the oem mirrors covered. Because these bases cover a smaller area than the oem mirrors and because they have to fit over a curved surface, its hard to get them lined up perfect without gaps. I used sandpaper and a dremel to reshape the bottom and polish the edges. I then used some black rubber foam material as cushioning between the base and the door so it wouldn't get scratched up over time and during installation. I also used my porter cable to polish out the scratches and residue that were left over in the area underneath the oem mirrors. It looked pretty bad when i removed the oem mirrors initially but the area cleaned up nicely. The holes in the base also don't line up correctly so I had to redrill and them down to get the proper angle.

i liked the ganador/gruppeM mirrors but they are a little too pricey for me. That and if I got them i'd have to cover and repaint the holes where the oem mirrors mounted.

i liked the ganador/gruppeM mirrors but they are a little too pricey for me. That and if I got them i'd have to cover and repaint the holes where the oem mirrors mounted.

The GM mirrors use the oem holes so no need to cover anything up. Ask me how I know :)

The GM mirrors use the oem holes so no need to cover anything up. Ask me how I know :)

oh very nice, i remember seeing them attached higher up where the windows are but didn't know the base extends down to cover the oem holes? Please take some close up pics for us :]

*edit* found a pic!

widebody_na1_honda_nsx_1.jpg

Last edited:
here are my set of cf ones bought off jdmmonkey.

Fitment is pretty good, its basically a craftsquare knockoff but instead of the cnc'd alum baseplate it uses a composite one with a cf overlay.
Mirrors are convex and helps in seeing the blindspot. I love them.
Install was pretty straightforward:
6130_155397891223_690446223_3841095_3475083_n.jpg

22436_340472966223_690446223_5187902_827384_n.jpg

22436_340472981223_690446223_5187905_7222921_n.jpg

john! I like the set up of your car. The lip, mirrors, marker covers and the sides. If it was my guess you prob have the 02 rear valance. The fogs i would do the oem fogs with a yellow tint or bulbs. How was the fitment with the side skirts. I dont want rub marks once they are installed. Is that a shines lip?

But those are the best mirrors to get for the nsx is the craft square or the ones you have.

+1 Craftsquare....my kids think its cool to bend then everytime they walk past my car:mad::mad::mad:

Would like to see these too please...

I don't have photo at the moment..car in paint shop. My mirrors are 2009 OEM Corvette. Modified base for perfect fit. Will post photos soon.:smile:

Last edited:
Who is it that makes the OEM carbon mirrors?

The McLaren MP4 mirrors would look great on the NSX. Someone should fab up something... :wink:

I would love to see how this looks. Did you wire the power mirrors up?

Did not use pwr feature, could be done. go to buildup section for photos:cool:

I never understood smaller than OEM side mirrors. The F1 mirrors are just that, F1 mirrors where the driver head is much closer to the mirror for both right and left side that they can afford to reduce the mirror side.

These mirrors reduced surface area forces one to look over the shoulder or bob their head around to cover the blind spots.

I drive the NSX to look cool and bobbing my head around so I dun run over a squirrel is not sexy at all.

STMPO has the right idea in equal if not larger than OEM mirror surface area and mounting it in that triangle window spot. Mounting on the door blocks the view of the curb.

oh very nice, i remember seeing them attached higher up where the windows are but didn't know the base extends down to cover the oem holes? Please take some close up pics for us :]

*edit* found a pic!

widebody_na1_honda_nsx_1.jpg

Another mirror with the right idea in terms of placement.

I never understood smaller than OEM side mirrors. The F1 mirrors are just that, F1 mirrors where the driver head is much closer to the mirror for both right and left side that they can afford to reduce the mirror side.

These mirrors reduced surface area forces one to look over the shoulder or bob their head around to cover the blind spots.

I drive the NSX to look cool and bobbing my head around so I dun run over a squirrel is not sexy at all.

STMPO has the right idea in equal if not larger than OEM mirror surface area and mounting it in that triangle window spot. Mounting on the door blocks the view of the curb.

As Oyagi mentions in the below post, the mirrors are convex and therefore eliminate the blind spot.

Here are my set of CF ones bought off jdmmonkey.

Fitment is pretty good, its basically a craftsquare knockoff but instead of the cnc'd alum baseplate it uses a composite one with a CF overlay.
Mirrors are convex and helps in seeing the blindspot. I love them.
Install was pretty straightforward:
6130_155397891223_690446223_3841095_3475083_n.jpg

Who is it that makes the OEM carbon mirrors?

here's kinda what yer looking for...maybe?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143843

when i owned a s2000, many people body worked the holes left from the door and mounted them up like so:

diez.jpg

the ganador mirrors were widely done on integras:

Ganador%20Super%20Mirror%20with%20Blue%20Lens%20Acura%20Integra.jpg

personally i like the oem mirrors. the only thing different about mine is that they're berlina black instead of gpw :smile:

Back