poor nsx hasn't seen daylight in 4+ yrs....till yesterday

Be careful, you may have your ass handed to you some day.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ryxml8wZdM4?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" width="425" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

just watched that video...that looked like 1/8th mile? and imagine how bad the civic would have beat the lamborghini if the guy knew how to Drive it. regardless of who won, that civic still looks like the vehicle of a complete tool in my opinion.

Last edited:
please put those rims in the circular filing cabinet.....
otherwise, nice car!!! $17 grand? what is this a civic... come on dude... increase the tag price to $25 grand, at least thats respectable.... someone will buy it, just watch... what are you gonna do with $17grand?

pocket change..

i dropped the price to 17k firm cash or 19k trade...and had some @$$hole email me offering me 12k for it...when i said no, he started insulting my mother, and my wife. some people need forced vasectomies so they cannot produce offspring.

And you actually listened to him long enough to get all that? Hang up dude! :rolleyes:

You could try posting it under azht.net , someone local may be interested in upgrading from a civic/integra.

Wow! Thats a cheap NSX. That car has to sell very very soon. I would of thought it would of went in the low 20's for sure. The seller needs to sell... It happens.

Wow still didn't sell yet? Price is dirt cheap even if maintenance is needed. Hopefully I sell my car soon and get some cash so I can take it off your hands.

Personally the lack of history is scary with a salvage title, price be damned. Throw in the maintenance that is most likely overdue... :eek: good luck though it could be a gem for someone! Especially if they can do their own maintenance.

Personally the lack of history is scary with a salvage title, price be damned. Throw in the maintenance that is most likely overdue... :eek: good luck though it could be a gem for someone! Especially if they can do their own maintenance.

Yeah salvaged titles are definitely scary especially without the maintenance. At this point its important to do price comparisons with other cars of the same range. But yeah, maintenance plays a huge factor in the price. It can make the difference of say 5k easily. Combine that with the salvaged title and it definitely takes something to think about.

Yeah salvaged titles are only scary if you let them scare you. I've dealt with my share of them. I have no problem with salvaged titles. The issue with maintenance is that not all parts are cheap. And even though you may be inclined to do maintenance yourself, not everyone else can. Many people can do the simple things but not everyone wants to do the major things. These cars really do need to be kept up on maintenance. People who do the maintenance themselves still end up putting in 5k easily. Shawn does all of his maintenance himself and has easily spent 5-7k on his car that already had some maintenance done before he got it. There are clean titles with maintenance done in the low 20s on here too. Mileage on these cars isn't an issue as long as maintenance is done. I think your car is still priced right and you should be able to sell it soon. It's still a good buy.

Last edited:
Hmm, I guess that depends on how you define "simple maintenance" :biggrin:.

I think it's priced about right too, just wanted to point out that it has some scare factors in an already limited market!

what maintenance is a huge factor on these things that would differ from other vehicles? (honestly, i do not know, not being a smart @$$).

the timing belt, waterpump, plugs, oil changes....none of that can be to over the top in cost. is there something else with these that is insanely priced?

wow the clutch's are expensive. but still i found them on ebay for as little as $750 shipped (granted my f-350 turbo diesel clutch is $150 shipped... so still a crazy price) i don't understand the price on the clutch honestly...the car is far from what i would consider high hp...i can't cost any more to produce than any other clutch, no other vehicles interchange?

wow the clutch's are expensive. but still i found them on ebay for as little as $750 shipped (granted my f-350 turbo diesel clutch is $150 shipped... so still a crazy price) i don't understand the price on the clutch honestly...the car is far from what i would consider high hp...i can't cost any more to produce than any other clutch, no other vehicles interchange?

NO but there are good choices and bad ones as far as clutches go. The $750 clutch of ebay is a bad one (SPEC) Im assuming. Do some research and choose the right one for you.

what maintenance is a huge factor on these things that would differ from other vehicles? (honestly, i do not know, not being a smart @$$).

the timing belt, waterpump, plugs, oil changes....none of that can be to over the top in cost. is there something else with these that is insanely priced?

TB/WP is a bitch and a half on a mid-engine car. If "do it yourselfers" can manage it, hey, more power to you!

But when the dealer does it, they drop the engine. I suppose maybe its possible to somehow change the TB/WP without dropping the engine, but it would be hard as hell. Dropping the engine is also hard as hell.

"Do it yourself" is cool, but not everyone is a mechanic. I spend all day writing code and building data center architecture designs, but when I advise friends I *know* are nontechnical, I dont suggest they start ordering component parts and assemble their own PC. I suggest they buy a Mac and get Apple Care if they are anywhere near driving distance to an Apple store. That's fine though because they're lawyers or plumbers, or whatever, and don't spend all day thinking about computers. Same idea.

Personally, I prefer that a massively expensive, hugely complex, sports car that I drive at high speeds not be the car I "learn how to wrench" on. I think that will be true for the majority of NSX buyers.

Last edited:
Personally, I prefer that a massively expensive, hugely complex, sports car that I drive at high speeds not be the car I "learn how to wrench" on. I think that will be true for the majority of NSX buyers.

True for me. I like to spend my time driving cars, not fix cars.

a sub 25k (on average) car isn't what i would consider massively expensive, and it's no more complex than any other car... other than a few things being in tight spaces, it's a rather simple design to work on.

a sub 25k (on average) car isn't what i would consider massively expensive, and it's no more complex than any other car... other than a few things being in tight spaces, it's a rather simple design to work on.

Why did you delete all your posts?

Back