poor nsx hasn't seen daylight in 4+ yrs....till yesterday

nope can't say that it was. i think he died, or something of that nature. can't imagine leaving behind what he left behind unless i were dead, or hiding from the world.

I've seen those auctions... somehow I worry about it being some mafia don or druglord's unit while they're off on a Michael Corleone "sabbatical" in the old country, and they'll want it back someday...

The storage facility gets EXACTLY what they are owed for back storage fees and not a penny more. The rest goes back to the state, not the owner of the unit.
How wrong is that???

Sounds normal for California, or the USSR ;)

Time to round file the rims though

1) What don't you like about them? Maybe a bit ostentatious, and I'm a fan of the understated look, but NSX is one of the cars where you could probably pull off rims like that. They wouldn't be my first choice but...
2) If they do go to the circular file, I aint too proud to go pickin'

Last edited:
Wow that cleaned up pretty nice. +1 on round filing the wheels though. I would get some OEM 91 or 97 wheels on there asap. The ones you have on there now make it look like a riced up Integra or Dodge Neon with some Walmart chrome specials.

so this car was in a storage Uhaul type place how much did you get the Unit for?

some units sell for like 100 bucks and you open it up

and there is a Model-T ford mint.

wow what a find.

I wouldnt be surprised how many stolen NSX's are put in storage places like this till the heat dies down and then they put a fake tag on it and drive it to the chop shop.

and yeah Pics are normal. wait till you come outside and see 30 people around your car and your late for work. your pissed but you have to smile and talk to everyone and now your really late. happens all the time.

Looks pretty good to me. The rims are the worst I've ever seen on an NSX. I would get rid of them asap! Heck you got it so cheap anyway; you can usually find a set of original wheels for the car for around 800. The original wheels look waaaaay better and even a later model set off an NSX would be fine too. I have my originals and the TSW rims that came with mine and I'm tempted to put the old originals back on just to see what they're like. It makes for a truly classic look - cause those chrome jobs look sooo tacky.

Guess you need new motors or something for the headlights - it looks like they won't go down. You'll get it all sorted though - you've got plenty to work thru I'm sure with deffered maintenance or unknown maitenance - like the TB/WP/Hoses and fluids. Good luck - looks like you got a nice deal!

Looks pretty good to me. The rims are the worst I've ever seen on an NSX. I would get rid of them asap! Heck you got it so cheap anyway; you can usually find a set of original wheels for the car for around 800. The original wheels look waaaaay better and even a later model set off an NSX would be fine too. I have my originals and the TSW rims that came with mine and I'm tempted to put the old originals back on just to see what they're like. It makes for a truly classic look - cause those chrome jobs look sooo tacky.

Guess you need new motors or something for the headlights - it looks like they won't go down. You'll get it all sorted though - you've got plenty to work thru I'm sure with deffered maintenance or unknown maitenance - like the TB/WP/Hoses and fluids. Good luck - looks like you got a nice deal!

yes the wheels are most certainly ugly.

unsure of why you feel i got it for "so cheap" lol, i've not said once that i got it cheap.

not sure i want to put in the money for new wheels as i do not know that i will get my money back from it.

i have a couple reciepts referencing repairing something due to erratic idle. i have a small handful of receipts, certainly not what i would consider a good collection but a few things are better than none.

yes the wheels are most certainly ugly.

unsure of why you feel i got it for "so cheap" lol, i've not said once that i got it cheap.

not sure i want to put in the money for new wheels as i do not know that i will get my money back from it.

i have a couple reciepts referencing repairing something due to erratic idle. i have a small handful of receipts, certainly not what i would consider a good collection but a few things are better than none.

Not knowing how the auction works in it's entirety, if you had the impression that it wasn't cheap or a good deal compared to other cars that are better documented, why did you buy this one?

The wheels are ugly, I would just search the used forum for a cheap better looking set.

Not knowing how the auction works in it's entirety, if you had the impression that it wasn't cheap or a good deal compared to other cars that are better documented, why did you buy this one?

The wheels are ugly, I would just search the used forum for a cheap better looking set.

why did you buy yours? something in us says "buy it" to whatever the item may be...and we buy it. someone at the auction was being a jackass in regards to the car....making a big deal about it being salvage and just being an all around @ss....then was the high bidder...so i decided it wasn't going to be his.

as said, changing the wheels will probably not have that large of an impact on the sale of the vehicle, as the set i would get may not be the next owners preference either.

Last edited:
Your right I do not know what you paid for it. If all you believe you'll make on the car is 1000 bucks - sell it as is.

why did you buy yours?

I have loved the NSX since its first debut, always knew I was going to have one, one day. After I started my job out of college and sorted out my other financials I decided it was time. So started my market research after I struggled with how it just wasn't a practical decision. I had been searching for years, literally, and found one that fit my budget constraints as well as required condition and included previous maintenance records. Mine wasn't a seemingly an impulse buy based on pure emotion.

Maybe you got a great deal but based on your words it sounds like you knew you didn't even at the time of purchase which is why I am confused as to why you would purchase it, if you thought there were better deals to be had on other NSX's. :confused:

I see you have listed it for sale already so it wasn't a car you wanted to hold onto out of a strong desire to own the car, so it would seem you purchased it as a business transaction which makes it more odd in that you thought it wasn't a great deal.

race for the title thats so funny, the look on his face was probably priceless

good for you

I gonna use that next time some civic trys me,

they probably would just drive off and peel out with their front wheel drive car. and 12 lbs torque to the wheels

so funny

It's outright abuse to see a vehicle sit (unless it's under restoration). They need to be enjoyed. I have tons of respect for Jay Leno who actually drives his vehicles, and for all of you who put some miles on yours every year.

Reminds me a while back seeing an exotic with 1 mile on the ODO, the owner couldn't sell it, well for what he wanted. In 20 years it hadn't been turned over once, nor an oil change ever done. The cylinder walls were rusted, o rings brittle, gas went bad and the tank was partially rusted. So much work was needed to get it to running condition most buyers were turned off.

I make sure to take the NSX out at least twice per week on this mountain run... I'm not sure how you people in the midwest/central survive with such flat straight roads with a car like this:/

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...92,-110.723991&spn=0.195429,0.343666&t=p&z=12

i live in the ghetto so it scares me to even take it out....i'm thinking about putting it in my warehouse (which happens to be inside a police impound yard)

You should be able to flip it pretty easily even with the salvage for 15-17 at worst. Mileage is good and it looks solid. Those low numbers, combined with a car like the NSX, up the buyer pool massively (wanna be baller territory).

Definitely don't change the wheels... 1) why bother 2) you may find someone who actually *likes* those rims (Fast and Furious flavah!) :)

I'm not sure how you people in the midwest/central survive with such flat straight roads with a car like this:/

I live in Northern KY and we have great driving roads. The only 4 Bourbon Distilleries in the world are a 1 hr back road drive south. I would put these KY back roads up against almost any drive in the US. :) When I lived it St. Louis 1/2 hour south you started hitting the Ozark mountains.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Frankfort,+ky&daddr=38.73609,-84.73384+to:38.82323,-84.6483+to:41042&hl=en&geocode=FUrmRgIdvO_w-inJUxmLTHNCiDFcQmeIoBhkUw%3BFdoQTwIdcBDz-imzhZSpre9BiDHom4FctBGJDw%3BFT5lUAIdlF70-ilvmpCXqutBiDH1DIXJfvMc4A%3BFVYwUwId6Kbz-ikDDyOwT8ZBiDF4aPnGTCEw8g&mra=dpe&mrsp=2&sz=11&via=1,2&sll=38.749264,-84.621506&sspn=0.265076,0.617294&ie=UTF8&ll=38.749264,-84.621506&spn=0.265076,0.617294&t=h&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=Frankfort,+ky&daddr=38.73609,-84.73384+to:38.82323,-84.6483+to:41042&hl=en&geocode=FUrmRgIdvO_w-inJUxmLTHNCiDFcQmeIoBhkUw%3BFdoQTwIdcBDz-imzhZSpre9BiDHom4FctBGJDw%3BFT5lUAIdlF70-ilvmpCXqutBiDH1DIXJfvMc4A%3BFVYwUwId6Kbz-ikDDyOwT8ZBiDF4aPnGTCEw8g&mra=dpe&mrsp=2&sz=11&via=1,2&sll=38.749264,-84.621506&sspn=0.265076,0.617294&ie=UTF8&ll=38.749264,-84.621506&spn=0.265076,0.617294&t=h" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Last edited:
race for the title thats so funny, the look on his face was probably priceless

good for you

I gonna use that next time some civic trys me,

they probably would just drive off and peel out with their front wheel drive car. and 12 lbs torque to the wheels

so funny

Be careful, you may have your ass handed to you some day.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ryxml8wZdM4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Back