poor nsx hasn't seen daylight in 4+ yrs....till yesterday

15-17K with the small amount of info given. Until you drive it and find out if the A/C, climate, etc works and what deferred maintenance needs to be done, this is about what one might buy one for. Salvage title doesn't help either. Only an estimate from me :biggrin:

Last edited:
i'd give more info but i simply don't have it :-/ i haven't even had a chance to wash it yet...took the prius up to the auction (3hr drive each way)...bought the car...changed the fuel, battery, etc.. and still wouldn't start, realized pump wasn't running so went home, took a truck/trailer up today and grabbed it, all i had time to do when i got home was unload it and vacuum out the interior.

more to come tomorrow....

i'd give more info but i simply don't have it :-/ i haven't even had a chance to wash it yet...took the prius up to the auction (3hr drive each way)...bought the car...changed the fuel, battery, etc.. and still wouldn't start, realized pump wasn't running so went home, took a truck/trailer up today and grabbed it, all i had time to do when i got home was unload it and vacuum out the interior.

more to come tomorrow....

pump not running may be the infamous Main Relay. :wink:

pump not running may be the infamous Main Relay. :wink:

Yes, check this. My friends 1991 NSX main relay went out on the way to 2010 NSXPO at the Stateline. I heard from someone at NSXPO that 90% of the time you can bang the area/panels right behind the driver seat and it'll get it work temporarily (we didn't know, so we didn't try it).

not sure what the body kit is exactly, a friend of mine looked it up and found what it was but i forgot to bookmark the website...would be happy to sell the bodykit seperately but it appears to be a 8 piece widebody kit and i only have the bumpers, and side skirts, no wheel mouldings.

Body kit looks like VIS Racing Sports GT WideBody kit:
13860_1753___91ACNSX2DGTWB-099.jpg

13860_1753___91ACNSX2DGTWB-003.jpg

Also I noticed that the factory Airbox seems to be missing.

obviously if the car is in a storage auction said car's owner was in a financial meltdown.If the car was in a self storage to begin with the owner was most likely a renter with no safe parking.Post the pics in whatever local regional forum the car was stored and see who might remember it from local meets ect. You are not alone in restoring some basket case nsx recently.

Yes, check this. My friends 1991 NSX main relay went out on the way to 2010 NSXPO at the Stateline. I heard from someone at NSXPO that 90% of the time you can bang the area/panels right behind the driver seat and it'll get it work temporarily (we didn't know, so we didn't try it).

Body kit looks like VIS Racing Sports GT WideBody kit:
13860_1753___91ACNSX2DGTWB-099.jpg

13860_1753___91ACNSX2DGTWB-003.jpg

Also I noticed that the factory Airbox seems to be missing.

that does look to be the body kit.

no the airbox isn't missing, i took it out to get to the tank filler hoses.

Wow, was it parked next to this one? http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146733

I guess I can understand people not using the NSX anymore but also not wanting to sell it...but "forgetting" about it in storage seems crazy to me. :eek:

Wash that car!!

nope can't say that it was. i think he died, or something of that nature. can't imagine leaving behind what he left behind unless i were dead, or hiding from the world.

"Vroom" is more important than sparkly lol, so all in due time. gotta get it running first.

this was in a very large, expensive storage place....inside the whole time. the guy left a lot of stuff to be sold...i would almost think he died or went in to hiding or something of that nature consider what was left in there unpaid...boats, jetski's, motorcycles, this car. however nothing went cheap, so he should have a nice check waiting for him if he ever resurfaces (i believe the storage place can only keep the amount that was DUE to them, the rest goes back to the owner of the unit.

I bought a Lambo that was sitting for years, similar to this car. I talked to the owner of the storage facility about the extra money and here's what he told me happens.
The storage facility places an ad in the local paper letting the public (and possibly the owner) know about a car or unit scheduled to hit the auction block in X amount of days. Typically 30 days prior is the norm. Show up and register to bid. If you are the winner, like I was, you have X amount of time to pay (I paid the next day). Fill out the paperwork and take what you won and wait for the state to send a title if it's a car. California sent me a title exactly 1 week after the auction. Not sure how they did that so quick.
The storage facility gets EXACTLY what they are owed for back storage fees and not a penny more. The rest goes back to the state, not the owner of the unit.
How wrong is that???
BTW, I sold the Lambo on eBay the day I got the title and kept the NSX :biggrin:

I'd also guess the main fuel injection relay. That is a common problem with many Honda/Acura cars of that 80-90's era. They can go as early as 60K miles. Simple cheap fix though. I'm not a mechanic, but of all the Honda/Acura cars I've owned or my family owned none had a fuel pump go bad. Many where well into the 100K+ miles and some into the 200K+ miles. All original fuel pumps. Main relays virtually all went bad though.

I'd also guess the main fuel injection relay. That is a common problem with many Honda/Acura cars of that 80-90's era. They can go as early as 60K miles. Simple cheap fix though. I'm not a mechanic, but of all the Honda/Acura cars I've owned or my family owned none had a fuel pump go bad. Many where well into the 100K+ miles and some into the 200K+ miles. All original fuel pumps. Main relays virtually all went bad though.

it's the pump. i'm about 90% done rebuilding it...just had to take a break...will probably end up replacing it but, rebuilding is good for the moment. my mercedes is running on pumps i rebuilt for the last 23k miles.

it's the pump. i'm about 90% done rebuilding it...just had to take a break...will probably end up replacing it but, rebuilding is good for the moment. my mercedes is running on pumps i rebuilt for the last 23k miles.

Too bad it wasn't the cheap relay. How much is the fuel pump going for now? Being that parts are getting harder to find for the NSX just thinking about stocking up on major parts that might go out in the future. Looks like fuel pump might be one of them now.

Too bad it wasn't the cheap relay. How much is the fuel pump going for now? Being that parts are getting harder to find for the NSX just thinking about stocking up on major parts that might go out in the future. Looks like fuel pump might be one of them now.

About $300 from the dealer, or get a walbro for $60. Stock up on NSX unique stuff if you must stock up :)

Yeah, you'll get quite a bit of attention with this car from all kinds of people. So far I've had only positive reactions...knock on wood. You are sure to get one that you can post in the "funniest comments in your NSX" thread; it took me less than two weeks.:smile:

Back