Poll: What Kind of Oil Do You Use?

What kind of oil do you most often use in your NSX?

• 10W30 Mobil 1

Votes: 195 64.6%
  • 10W30 Premium Synthetic (Amsoil, Royal Purple, etc)

Votes: 25 8.3%
  • 10W30 Other Brand 100 Percent Synthetic

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • 10W30 Synthetic Blend

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • 10W30 Conventional Oil

Votes: 31 10.3%
  • Other Viscosity Mobil 1

Votes: 14 4.6%
  • Other Viscosity Premium Synthetic (Amsoil, Royal Purple, etc)

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other Viscosity Other Brand 100 Percent Synthetic

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Other Viscosity Synthetic Blend

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Other Viscosity Conventional Oil

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
Mobil 1 4 life! :biggrin:

I use German Formula Castrol 0w30 full synthetic..it's much closer to 40 at operating temp, and it's green to boot. Sweet.

Give me Amzoil or give me death.... :tongue:

I use Mobil 1 10W-30 only. However, on my current NSX I will reach the time interval before the mileage interval, so I will have to change out the break-in oil.

Researching S2K forums, looks like they sent some Honda break in oil for an oil analysis, and an oil engineer figure how to mix some oils and additives to mimic the Honda break-in oil:

- 4.5 Quarts of Havoline 10W-30 GF-4 Dino Oil
- 1 bottle of Valvoline Synpower Oil Treatment
- 1 ounce of Lube Control

I mixed 10 quarts worth last night, and made a mess!

I use 5W30 Mobil 1 in the NSX. My other cars use 5W30 and I got a HUGE deal on 175 quarts a while back. I only paid $2.50/quart, and they only had 5W30, so I bought a bunch.

Oil... you have to change that????

:biggrin:

LOL

Mobil One - Hot Lava

I use 0W40 in my brother's Firebird Formula when we change the oil. works real well since they dont sell the German Bulgairan stuff around here...

:confused:

Royal Purple Syn in the NSX, Mobil 1 in everything else, even the generators and pumps. :biggrin:

I use Redline 10w-30.

I'd probably use Red Line...but they don't sell it at the places that are easy to get to...so Mobil 1.

I'm lucky if I get 1K miles between 3 month oil changes so I just use 10W-30 Castrol Synthetic Blend. I know you can go longer between oil changes using full synthetic, but at the 3 month mark I still break out in a cold sweat that won't stop until I change the oil. :biggrin:

If I tracked the car I would use full synthetic, but since I don't I just can't see spending that much money on something that I am not going to be getting the most out of. Am I wrong?

Joking.....Sort Of

I don't use any oil in my cars, because oil - regardless if organic or synthetic - is a waste of money. :tongue:

I do recall somebody thinking they are smarter than Honda, and using an oil that was contrary to what was recommended in the owner's manual. Guess what? Boom!

But seriously, why would anyone use anything other than what is recommended in the owner's manual? :confused: :rolleyes:

Re: Joking.....Sort Of

Yellow Rose said:
But seriously, why would anyone use anything other than what is recommended in the owner's manual? :confused: :rolleyes:

The same reason why people modify their cars, even though it's not recommended in the owners manual :rolleyes:

Because they can, and they feel that they are making an improvement to their car.

Back