• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Paddock Performance Exhausts? (MagnaFlow)

Same here. The canister is pointing to the wrong direction. The lower end should point forward and the upper end should point to the rear just like the factory exhaust.
Steve

Do they ever adress the way the canister facing/laid out? I'm seriously concern for people that bring the car to the track or drive at high speed. It looks like it can create a serious lift.
To tell you the truth, I never even entertained that question. I'm sure someone with an aeronautical background can fill us in, however I highly doubt that a muffler about a foot long is going to cause "serious lift". The air running under the car is anything but a smooth stream, our car isn't that flat. Also lift isn't always created because something is tilted one way or another into toward the wind, there is much to be said about pressure differences above and below the airfoil. Do you know how much air flow you would need to "seriously" lift the rear of the car by the exhaust??? I don't, but I'm sure it's something astronomical, and I'm sure someone can come up with a number based on surface area, angle of attack, and weight of the car.

Like I said I am no expert, but since the install I have had my car way over what some people consider fast and I haven't felt anything different. I would love for somebody who has professional knowledge on this to chime in.

JadKar, I'm lost. You said your car dyno'd 304 at the wheels with the Paddock. The paddock only added about 12 hp at the most. That would mean your stock 98 had about 292 at the wheels in stock form. I have not dyno'd my 98 but are they majorly underrated or something. THey are supposed to come with 290 at the crank meaning about 250 or so at the wheels. Bast on your numbers the stock crank hp on a 3.2 car is like 320 or 330?

Jadkar,

I race cars, I also have engineering degree. My co-worker is an aeronautical engineer. In fact he is the one that raises this questions. How much it will affect it, nobody knows until you do some testing. But in theory it doesn't look good.

Please don't take this as a slam. Just a word of caution. If it doesn't bother you, then it might be fine for your use. However, if it is for my track car, this would certainly affect my decision to get them.

LIFT

We did give this situation some thought, from my experience i've had my 93 NSX up to 155 mph. at the back straight at The Glenn with a competitors system and with our System(prototype) and if anyone could feel a difference between their's and our system your a better man than I. The rear of the car remained stable at speeds in excess of 150 MPH. I think whoever is posting this message has other motives.

Ken Stadt
Paddock Performance
845 429 4115

Re: LIFT

jadkar said:
We did give this situation some thought, from my experience i've had my 93 NSX up to 155 mph. at the back straight at The Glenn with a competitors system and with our System(prototype) and if anyone could feel a difference between their's and our system your a better man than I. The rear of the car remained stable at speeds in excess of 150 MPH. I think whoever is posting this message has other motives.

Ken Stadt
Paddock Performance
845 429 4115

I am very mad with the suggestion of having other motive. I was interested in this exhaust since I need to replace my banged up muffler. I am one of the oldest member of this board. I have nothing to hide, I am also one of the few that has my full name in this board.

I will definitely give Ken Stadt a call to let him know how I feel.

Wow.....that was strange:confused: :confused:
Just a quick note, Ken's explanation although good wasn't mine:)

Ken,
When I checked NSXPrime about 2 weeks ago at your shop I must have never cleared the cache when I was done. Everytime you go to NSXPrime you are on as me. Even though that was the first post I have seen, We need to get you (or really me) logged off of your machine.

Andrie...Although I can't speak for him, I don't think he meant it that way. Also, I know you race cars...I think you gave me a ride in yours at NSXPO, very good ride I might add:D:D

Evoking,

Just a quick idea of how I came up with the numbers:

Stock my car made 246hp at the wheels. After the exhaust it made 256hp, with the K&N it made 257hp. These figures are all at the wheels.

Now, I took my car's "advertised" number of 290hp and compared it to the stock RWHP number of 246hp and came up with a conversion number of 1.18 If I apply that number to the results I have of 257RWHP I come up with 303.26hp at the crank. So I was slightly off by .74hp:D:D I may be wrong with doing the math this way, but I thought it was neat:):)

Anyway, I never claimed my car pulled 304hp at the wheels like you said. I mentioned "math conversion"
So after doing a math conversion, it looks like my 1998 3.2 with the Paddock Magnaflow and K&N drop-in is now making 304HP @ 7250RPM and 234ft/lbs @ 6500RPM

Ummm...if the car is oriniginally a 40 front 60 rear weight distribution, wouldn't, at worst, this theoretical 'lift' (assuming the NSX is as aerodynamic as a Le Mans GT1 car and therefore subject to minute aero changes...yeah, sure) cause the back tyo raise up a tiny bit, thus effectively moving some of the weight forward, resulting in the more managable 50/50 weight distribution? And if you're racing your NSX, wouldn't you REALLY be looking at a more expensive higher HP output exhaust? And honestly, how many of us drive our cars at the full ten tenths...and don't say those who race...if you were that good, you'd be signed to a major deal! And if you do it on the street then the best thing to do is lock yourself in a room and never EVER come out. You're crazy and shouldn't be driving. Holy fug guys. Jakdar found a relatively low-buck system for anyone interested. You don't want it? Don't buy it. If I buy one, I can show my wife this thread so I can buy the new back-end addition to counter-act the demonic possibility that some subtle shift may occur as I blow through speed traps at 170 mph! All this whining has made me long for some accompanying cheese. Though some of the more fearful musings might suffice. I think for the money it's a fine system. There it is. Have a very merry and safe Christmas, Hunachka<---(sp), Kwanza, Ramadon, etc.

hEADERS

JADKAR,

We have completed a set of headers for the NSX that should be ready for sale in about 6 weeks, and you won't have to take a 2nd mortgage to afford them. I'll keep you posted.

Paddock Performance

Not to beat a dead horse

NoSeX4U said:
Ummm...if the car is oriniginally a 40 front 60 rear weight distribution, wouldn't, at worst, this theoretical 'lift' (assuming the NSX is as aerodynamic as a Le Mans GT1 car and therefore subject to minute aero changes...yeah, sure) cause the back tyo raise up a tiny bit, thus effectively moving some of the weight forward, resulting in the more managable 50/50 weight distribution? And if you're racing your NSX, wouldn't you REALLY be looking at a more expensive higher HP output exhaust? And honestly, how many of us drive our cars at the full ten tenths...and don't say those who race...if you were that good, you'd be signed to a major deal! And if you do it on the street then the best thing to do is lock yourself in a room and never EVER come out. You're crazy and shouldn't be driving. Holy fug guys. Jakdar found a relatively low-buck system for anyone interested. You don't want it? Don't buy it. If I buy one, I can show my wife this thread so I can buy the new back-end addition to counter-act the demonic possibility that some subtle shift may occur as I blow through speed traps at 170 mph! All this whining has made me long for some accompanying cheese. Though some of the more fearful musings might suffice. I think for the money it's a fine system. There it is. Have a very merry and safe Christmas, Hunachka<---(sp), Kwanza, Ramadon, etc.

If you look at our 2nd gen system, you will notice that the new smaller muffler is fabricated in the reverse direction. We didn't do this for lift reasons. We did this so we could tuck the muffler up even higher as not to see it from the rear of the car.

Ken
Paddock Performance

Ken,

Thanks for the update about the headers, I will definitely be calling you on Monday :):) I would love to hear more, and of course I would love to be a test mule:) I'll talk to you, thanks again.

John

I don't know about generic exhaust systems for our cars. I mean we're driving an exotic sports car. I would rather pay $1k for an exhaust system that has gone through extensive R&D than pay $700 for a custom exhaust. I personally believe that if you can afford an NSX you can afford quality parts that have been tested and proven to work and last. I dunno I personally just don't like the idea of having a magnaflow canister for my NSX. just my .02 cents

hmm will i get flamed for this?lol

Received my exhaust and installed it Saturday ('91 5M)..The fit was perfect and the sound is awesome. Comparing it to the Taitec JGTC PX I replaced it with....Finish: JGTC is the obvious winner here as it looks phenomenal..But, since I didn't buy it for looks...On to the comparison...JGTC is louder, but not by much...Idle sound and quality is identical....Interior sound levels at cruising: The Paddock is quieter at most RPM levels...Sound at WOT(accelerating): JGTC is louder (but not by much)..The Paddock seems to be "just right" in the sense that you hear a great exhaust note while still being able to hear the intake/engine sounds..With the JGTC, you hear only the exhaust note (not a bad thing since it is so well tuned)...Off throttle(decel): Paddock sounds better (IMO) as it is less "boomy" than the JGTC.

In the end, which would I choose?...Too close to call..I will simply run the Paddock half the year and the JGTC the other half. A very satisfied customer..Thanks again to John for the leg work, and Ken at Paddock.

Ordered mine yesterday..after waiting and waiting..and getting no response from Ken..I decided to call. I talked to Kim and she got my order right away. They told me the group buy price is actually $750 plus shipping and that it will increase to $850 in January.

hopefully, I can get mine soon...

i also paid $750 .. i thought the group buy was $700 but hey it's still a great price..

It should be here tomorrow according to the tracking info on UPS...

The south florida nsx club is getting together on Sat so it's getting here just in time (I hope)!!

Will post pics..

One other thing, for the guys that got the muffler already: did it come with gaskets or did you need to buy some to install the muffler?
Just want to make sure I have everything ready tomorrow...

Gaskets

spyderman33 said:
One other thing, for the guys that got the muffler already: did it come with gaskets or did you need to buy some to install the muffler?
Just want to make sure I have everything ready tomorrow...
\

You don't need any additional hardware.

Ken
Paddock Performance
845 429 4115

OK guys.. UPS came today and brought the big ass box with lots of styrofoam popcorn..

Came extremely well packed..

Loaded up in the Explorer and went to my local muffler shop.. The muffler guys were in awe when I pulled up and they saw the NSX.. Then they actually complemented the amazing looking exhaust and how well made it is, etc..

It took them about 40 min to install without a hitch... Brought the car down and sparked it up.. WOW... I can hear that the car's on!

Not like before..

It smokes a little as expected until it breaks in.. Also, I have black and the metallic dust is all over the back bumper.. No worries, just hose it down and dry it off..

Now the exhaust is loud.. at least for me it is.. I can hear it big time with the windows down.. especially around 2K RPM.. Then it levels off around 2.5-3K RPM..

I think it's louder than I expected it to be but hell that's me.. I'm a bit conservative...

Tomorrow, I'll let my brother in law drive it and I'll follow in his car to hear it as a spectator.. It may be louder in the cabin than what people hear on the street..

Pics to follow..

The 4" tips look awesome!!!

I'm glad you guys are enjoying your exhausts....I knew you would:D:D:D

The metallic dust will last about 1 to 1.5 weeks, then it will be gone. I have to get someone to drive my car so I can hear it outside (that's a great idea) I know it must sound incredible because ever since I did the exhaust when I come over the top of a hill I see bystanders already looking my direction with their mouths open:):):)

Tomorrow I'm going down to Bridgewater, NJ and showing the exhaust to a few Northeast guys there. Then tomorrow night I will be at Rob's Ferrari/Lambo/Viper dinner, I'll probably chat about the system to those guys there as well.

The next huge thing I'm excited for is Paddock's header system. It will be great, but even better for those of you with pre-1997 NSXs. Ken was giving me some quick specs on it and it's seems awesome!!

Now come on guys!!! I posted some pics, now I want to see it on your cars!!

Regards,
John

One thing I forgot to mention is the support.. Ken has been amazing.. he even gave me his cell so just in case the install went bad (which it didn't), for the installer or I to call him with questions..

Very cool..

that's customer service..

I highly recommend it..

Back