• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Paddock Performance Exhausts? (MagnaFlow)

I came across this ebay ad and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with either Paddock Performance or Magnaflow Mufflers for the NSX?

see ebay link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2437876672

Here's the shop:

http://paddockperformance.com/index.html

Here's the video Clip- I like how it sounds!

http://paddockperformance.com/images/padmovie.mov

Any feedback is much appreciated. I've spoken to Steve at the shop and he will be building a custom system for a '91 this week and performing dyno runs b/f and after... I'm looking forward to the results...

Or maybe I should just get some whistle tips? :D
(Any Bubb Rubb Fans in the house?)

Last edited:
The picture showing on ebay is for 95 and up NSX's only. Check out the fitment differences in years (courtesy from the SOS website)
exhausts.gif

The muffler is a Magnaflow-I spoke to the shop to confirm.

Anytime-You are right, the advertised exhaust is for a newer model, however they are building one for the '91-96's too. Each one is built per the order.

Thanks for all the feedback so far!:p

Well, depending on the reserve, the price might be right. $850 buy it now? Eh, not too bad in comparison to other aftermarket exhausts.

Hard to really judge the sound from a movie clip, but if it's close, I like it.

I like the end part of the video where the NSX goes screaming away and seems to be about to T-bone a left-turning truck (we don't see the end...wonder why:D )

Wheelman said:
that sounds awesome..

what about the performance gains?

They'll be running a dyno this week to see how they exhausts are helping. Plus they save about 25 lbs over stock... I'll post back whatever I hear and try and get a dyno printout emailed to me...
:)

Wow!!! That is awesome, and they are right near me!! I have a day of tomorrow and it looks like I'm going to take a ride over :):):)

jadkar said:
Wow!!! That is awesome, and they are right near me!! I have a day of tomorrow and it looks like I'm going to take a ride over :):):)

Excellent! Speak with Scott if you can about the performance aspects and let us know how it sounds in person...

They supposedly just completed a system for a '91 that was otherwise stock and ran before and after Dynos... I can't wait to find out how it does...

Let us know what you discover!

Thanks!:)

juejaimon (Steve),

Where in the Bay Area did you have your Magnaflow Exhaust fabricated? Cost? My mind says Taitec...my wallet says Magnaflow! Maybe we could hook up so I can hear yours?

Group Buy.....Group Buy

Guys,

When I go there tomorrow I was thinking about asking if they will give us a break for a group buy. I was wondering how many of you are interested???

John

Re: Group Buy.....Group Buy

jadkar said:
Guys,

When I go there tomorrow I was thinking about asking if they will give us a break for a group buy. I was wondering how many of you are interested???

John

I'm definitely interested. I was considering doing this myself but it'd probably work much better with you doing it in person...

Go for it.

FYI-These things have been on ebay over and over again and I haven't seen one sell or meet reserve... I think that they are asking too much ($850). I'd love to pay around 600 at the most...

If they truly have a good product at a fair price, and we preach the virtues of it on Prime, then their 'discount' will provide ample Return on Investment due to the positive exposure to MANY potential customers...

Keep us updated!

Saturn said:
Yeah, Paddock has put their NSX exhaust several times on Ebay with no takers.

Probably the price is too high...

I wonder if it has any resonance issues at cruising RPMs....

I definitely think that the price is too high. There is no brand equity to my knowledge in an independent shop's 'custom' muffler. If they want to charge real dollars, they need to get the system out there and have satisfied customers.... I want to hear from somebody who owns one what the issues are if any.

Either way, I think that these things sound great, are super light and hopefully offer decent performance gains. I'd be all over one if that is the case!

:D

Hey guys,

Well, it looks like we have to wait a little bit. I wanted to go over there with my NSX today (they are roughly an hour away) but the weather here is horrible. It looks like where they are, a little further North from me, they have the possibility of a wintry mix, I definitely don't want to take the NSX.

I called them and let them know I couldn't make it today, I let them know I will be coming in on Saturday. I spoke with Steve, and he seems like a real nice guy, hopefully we can get something going because the product sounds and looks great on their website.

I will keep everybody posted, however, I would like some definite numbers to let Steve know our interest level. Here is my feeling, I received a quote about 3 weeks ago from a local muffler shop to do a custom Flowmaster for my NSX for $450.00. Keep in mind that Flowmaster isn't stainless steel, and the pipes weren't mandrel bent. The guy at the shop said mandrel bent fabrication is really hard to come by because the machine is to expensive to purchase. Paddock's Magnaflow is stainless, and the pipes are mandrel bent, but he is asking $850.00 which I feel is too much. I am going to try to get a price of $650.00, however, I really think we better have at least 5 or 6 people seriously interested.

To summarize, I need people to PM me if they are seriously interested in the Paddock Magnaflow exhaust for $650.00, hopefully I can get 5 or 6. I think if we go any lower than that we may blow him out of the water. PM me as soon as possible.

John

jadkar said:
Paddock's Magnaflow is stainless...
John,

Thanks for the offer. I remember reading that the tubes were stainless, and it's $75 extra for the muffler to be aluminized or stainless.

I'm very interested in this exhaust (and the next few seconds of the video after if ended :eek: ). I was going to hold off until someone reported their "good experience" with the hardware... but since you're going for a group deal... if I can get the muffler in stainless as well, count me in. :cool:

Back