One-Ups-Man-Ship

Yellow Rose

Suspended
A Porsche GT3 and I pull into two adjacent parking spaces at the store at the same time, from opposite directions. I’ve seen him running around in my neighborhood before, but it was his license plate that caught my attention - BOOSTD - Texas allows only six letters.

NSX - nice ride, how much boost are you running?

GT3 - I’m not.

NSX - that’s not what your license plate says.

GT3 - that can mean a lot of things.

(Aren’t Porsche GT3’s turbocharged?)

GT3 - you know, they make a supercharger for this car, (as he tilts his head towards my car) Note - his condescending tone was as if he was about to teach me a thing or two.

NSX - I know, I’ve had two superchargers on this car. Ding ding, advantage to NSX, you should’ve seen his facial expression.

GT3 - what kind?

NSX - first one was a Comptech and I am currently running the Paxton. (I don’t bother telling him it is a BBSC, because what would he know?)

GT3 - actually there is another one offered by somebody named Basch in Phoenix.

NSX - Yes, I know that too......Mark Basch built my engine and it is his supercharger on my car, which is the Paxton I referred to. Ding ding, advantage to NSX, you could tell Mr. Porsche is realizing that there is more than one FI fan out there.

NSX - say, how did you learn about the BBSC?

GT3 - through this outfit called RM Racing.

NSX - yes, I know Randy too. However, he has gotten out of the NSX business.

at this time we are walking through the front door

GT3 - how much horsepower are you making?

NSX - well, considering you claim to not have any boost, al lot more than you. (oh, the look on his face) But assuming yours is twin turbo’ed, the same horsepower. Ding ding, advantage NSX.

Like the line from Top Gun, “Jeez I crack myself up.”

GT3 thoughts after you part.

GT3 says to himself.

That guy made me eat a turd sandwich..........

GT3 leaving the parking lot looking at your x

I paid $100k for this..........great on the track, but my back sure hurts on these public streets.

That bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTA...

AndyVecsey said:
A Porsche GT3...
...but it was his license plate that caught my attention - BOOSTD - Texas allows only six letters...
...Like the line from Top Gun, “Jeez I crack myself up.”

Hmmm, 'BOOSTD' can also perhaps mean it's... err- "boosted", ie. stolen/grand-theft-auto... :D

(nice TopGun one-liner... :p )

Re: GT3 thoughts after you part.

Tom Larkins said:
GT3 says to himself.

That guy made me eat a turd sandwich..........

GT3 leaving the parking lot looking at your x

I paid $100k for this..........great on the track, but my back sure hurts on these public streets.

That bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea, I'm sure that's exactly what he was thinking :p

GT3- guy utters to himself, at least my wing is bigger than yours.

Clerk at the store over hears this and replies,
Oh yeah, I guess you havent seen MYNSX!!!!!

( as she whips out the Dupont Regestry and shows him the add and pic .)
Ding ding, advantage NSX.

GT3- guy looks at the add.
600+hp?????? Ding ding, advantage NSX.

Clerk- Actually its offered for sale by another guy from Phoenix,
if you want to trade on up.
Cha...Ching! advantage Clerk. :D

Funny story Andy.:D

If it was a GT2 do you really think you have the same hp as he does?
:D

Funny story Andy.

Actually, that was not a fabricated story. This took place on Superbowl Sunday afternoon at an Ace Hardware store. I was so stoked about it, I called my wife on the cell phone to tell her about it, because I could not wait until I got home.

If it was a GT2 do you really think you have the same hp as he does?

After going to p-car-dot-com, I see that the GT3 is indeed naturally aspirated, which I thought would've been turbo'ed like its younger bother, the GT2. I knew the turbo 911 is 415 at the crank, so the BBSCed NSX takes the trophy here. Mine untuned equates to 435 at 8 PSI. I thought the GT2 was at 450-ish, so it would've been close at 10 PSI. With that logic, I thought the GT3 has the same HP (but stiffer, more track oriented suspension) as the GT2 so it would've been close also. After learning what HP the GT2 makes.....he is clearly the winner.

Last edited:
While the GT3 is NA, it is not by any means slow.

0-60 in about 4 flat and 1/4 in low 12's at 118 MPH.

I think it would be a good race against your car.

one upsmanship

Brian2by2 said:
Most porsche owners seem to have a stick up their ass...i'm glad you kindly removed his and beat him over the head with it, metaphorically speaking :)

Took the words right out of my mouth!

I had 2 Porsches ('87 944 T and '88 911 Turbo w/RUF conversion) before my NSX and the treatment I got from a lot of club members was like night and day between the 2 P-cars.

I was recently at a gathering of exotic car owners and had a like experience.
I don't look like I should own an exotic and got to talking very briefly with a couple of P-car owners. I was very much looked down upon since I didn't have one of thier cars. They didn't know what I drove and it most likely wouldn't have made a difference anyway.
I hope I don't come across being that way when talking with others about my car.:(

Back