• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"official" what are you getting/got for xmas???

Figured I would start a thread about our presents this year!

Given the only things I want for the NSX are outrageously expensive I opted for a less pricey gift list.

Got into riding quads this year pretty heavily ( have a 2006 KFX700 Vforce ) that I got earlier this year and it was flawless.. Literally. Didnt look like it had been ridin at all..

After this year I am hoping for full skid plates,air filter, exhaust for it. OEM skid plates aren't up to par for me.

There is mine..

GO:

My Christmas present from work.

12-21-10_1308.jpg

12-21-10_1311.jpg

I work for a good company:biggrin:

Shoyoroll "The Yank" BJJ Gi- on pre-order. (Jiujitsu Uniform) and a pair of spare Shoyoroll pants.
Oakley Judge II (watch)
Redline Forklifter handlebars for my 89 Dyno D-Tour Project.

My wife got me GT5, and Black Ops, along with Seasons 1 and 2 of "Flight of the Conchords" from HBO.

Best friend got me a Tap Out "Arrogant American" Hoodie as a joke (I loath Tap Out) but then I put it on and I actually I like it. My hypocrisy is complete...

Another buddy gave all the guys in our crew Apple TV- I think he must have had a good year. I have a little guilt as all we got them were Christmas cards...

My Mother in law got me a gift certificate for private lessons at Easton BJJ again. This is an awesome gift as I just got my 4th stripe on the 23rd, and now will be spending the next 5 months prepping for blue belt promotion.

My wife and I gave each other a little get-a-way on the weekend of the 18th. I rented a condo up at Keystone and we went Snowboarding for the day on Saturday.

Good stuff, but take it all away and I am most grateful that we finally had a drama-free year. 09 was so terrible. We found out my wife had cancer, and had to have surgery to get that removed. Then we lost my Grandmother. then I got laid off for several months and had to take a job I wasn't really keen on in order to support my family. I'm just glad to have passed through 2010 with a better outlook- Wife and Daughter are in good health, I picked up a hobby that has changed my whole outlook on life, and now I am back in the saddle managing projects with a strong salary to support my household.

Things are good. I wish the same for you and yours.

Philip

Last edited:
I already got a couple things since I wont see some family on Xmas.

1. A set of scotch glasses that we promptly broke in with a bottle of Blue
2. Oakley sunglasses

Expecting to get a GT5 wheel to go with my GT5 game. And a complete auto care kit w/ random orbital from Griots.

Good stuff, but take it all away and I am most grateful that we finally had a drama-free year. 09 was so terrible. We found out my wife had cancer, and had to have surgery to get that removed. Then we lost my Grandmother. then I got laid off for several months and had to take a job I wasn't really keen on in order to support my family. I'm just glad to have passed through 2010 with a better outlook- Wife and Daughter are in good health, I picked up a really healthy hobby that has changed my whole outlook on life, and now I am back in the saddle managing projects with a strong salary to support my household.
very good to hear life is back to "healthy" for you and your family again :)

250px-coal_anthracite1.jpg

She told me the same thing. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

seems like thats a common gift this year lol. i think the gf is getting me a low rise floor jack. im getting tired of using the cars jack to lift the car high enough to use the big red floor jack i have now.

A 1942 Rolex Oyster Essex, a 1957 acrylic painting by Hugh Mesibov (one of my favorite artists) and a box of AVO LE10's.

Yup, it's been a good xmas.

My wife said she would give me a bj for xmas. Sounded good to me. :biggrin:

Is that what i have to look forward to after i get married....sexual favors only on holidays? :tongue:

Is that what i have to look forward to after i get married....sexual favors only on holidays? :tongue:
you should be so lucky.

when i told my wife i wanted a hummer for my birthday, they delivered an h3 with a bow on it. (so i guess i got a bow job :(

(btw, this site *does* have female readers / posters :redface:

Well I told my wife about this thread. She cancelled my present :(

I hope that is a joke. If not, that really _______ :frown:

Last edited:
you should be so lucky.

when i told my wife i wanted a hummer for my birthday, they delivered an h3 with a bow on it. (so i guess i got a bow job :(

(btw, this site *does* have female readers / posters :redface:

Ouch.

The wife and I closed on a house Dec 1st....and that will pretty much be it for Christmas! :biggrin:

Yep. We moved back in October. And I'm getting a big ass property tax bill for Christmas. :frown:

Back