NSXPO Caravan 10/7-10/13

This is the interest list for a caravan to NSXPO that is scheduled to depart SoCal on Tuesday, 10/7, returning on Monday, 10/13. The planned route is I-5 to San Rafael.

Please respond to this thread of you're interested in joining this caravan.

Note that other caravans with alternate dates may also be heading to NSXPO. Watch the Southwest forum on Prime for details.

Dave

Dave, I'm not positive about 10/7, but I will return on 10/13. I'm considering taking the Coast route up but I-5 back for sure. I'll let you know ASAP Gil

OK Dave, you convinced me!

Sandi and I will join you for the caravan up (as long as Jim brings the Gummi Bears;) I am looking forward to seeing Jim's MonteCarlo Blue baby!

I will however be leaving to come home on Sunday morning (as I am not doing the track event):(

I wonder if the ride up the coast route would be all that bad on a Tuesday morning in October? (remember why Barbara can't come? Tourist season is mostly over) and we are getting there a day earlier.;)

Just a thought...

I'm in despite the fact that Dave set this up and Steve is going. Gummi's are my treat with a side of sarcasm.

Steve:

Good point about taking PCH since we have a full day to get to our destination and full day to recuperate. I'm open to it and Lieber will go along with about anything so long as there is beer at the end of the day.

Gil is a strong maybe so let's have him chime in as well as others that sign up for this caravan. We're on our way...

Dave

"NSXPO or BUST" Caravan

Guys, I'm going up Tuesday, the only debate is the route. I'm leaning toward the coast route, leaving OC early to clear the LA traffic and enjoy a long day on PCH. I'll wait to hear what the group is doing before commiting. Gil

DaveG said:
Steve:

Good point about taking PCH since we have a full day to get to our destination and full day to recuperate. I'm open to it and Lieber will go along with about anything so long as there is beer at the end of the day.

Gil is a strong maybe so let's have him chime in as well as others that sign up for this caravan. We're on our way...

Dave

Are there enough bathrooms along the way? You all know Dave's prostate ain't what it used to be.

Fortunately Steve's memory is stonger than Lieber's bladder. Nice try though, Jim.

Hey, how is that rubber-tube-through-the-floorpan idea coming along? Still going to call it "BladderBoost"?

Dave

DaveG said:
Fortunately Steve's memory is stonger than Lieber's bladder. Nice try though, Jim.

Hey, how is that rubber-tube-through-the-floorpan idea coming along? Still going to call it "BladderBoost"?

Dave

I was thinking "bladderzilla" It functions with Dave's new "Smart(pro)state"

I've been denied twice for my vacation request for October 6-13. (It's crazy here...)

But I am sending in my early bird NSXPO registration in anyway...

I'm hoping to get approved by September 19. If not, then at least I can get my full money back.

If I get approved, I am in for this caravan.

FuryNSX said:
Hmm, blamin' work now, are you. ;)
At least he's not using his daughter as an excuse for this one!! :)

OK, Steve R. talked me into it. I'll be joining you on the 7th to head up there with the big group. My understanding is that we are going to drive through PCH correct? I think it'll be a blast. The last time I took that route was 15 years ago in my near new 87 Supra.

So have we decided on what time and where to "meat" (eggs, sausages, ham and bacon sounds good) yet? If we were to leave after the morning traffic, we can have breakfast and wait for the SD group to join us.

I'm planning on coming back on Sunday the 12th. I hope I can watch half of the track event and drive back late morning on fwy5 and be back in OC by 8 - 10pm. Not sure if anyone will consider that schedule.

Last edited: