NSXPO Caravan 10/7-10/13

Re: Leave Friday a.m./Return Sunday or Monday

RoNSX said:
If all goes well with the receipt of my car, I intend to drive up on Friday (10/10) from S. Cal. (Redlands, east of LA) and return late Sunday (10/12) or early Monday (10/13). If anyone else has similar travel plans I would be interested in caravaning. Let me know.

RoNSX, if I still don't get approved for the full NSXPO trip, this is the route I'm going. I'll just attend the track days and will hopefully be able to caravan with you. Do you plan on leaving Friday morning or in the afternoon? That's my questionmark right now... (if I can leave Friday early).

>>Should we add calendar nazi to your current title of clock nazi?<<

I hereby give up my duties as clock nazi and proudly accept the duties of calendar nazi, for the next 40 days. After that you're on your own.

Dave

Leave Friday a.m./Return Sunday or Monday

POWERED by HONDA said:
RoNSX, if I still don't get approved for the full NSXPO trip, this is the route I'm going. I'll just attend the track days and will hopefully be able to caravan with you. Do you plan on leaving Friday morning or in the afternoon? That's my questionmark right now... (if I can leave Friday early).

I was planning Friday early. How early are you thinking?

Hi Dave, great to hear that you and Lesley can make it.

The list of confirmed SoCal caravaners to NSXPO now looks like this:

Dave Goward (me)
Steve & Sandi Riter
Jim Lieber
Gil Leach & Donna
Chris Wong
Michael Ring & Patti
David Lin & Nora
Mitch Dolezal
Peter Yee
Dave & Lesley DeGroff

This is the caravan departing SoCal on Tuesday, October 7th. If you're looking to depart on a different date, you're on the wrong thread.

Dave G.

We haven't worked out the departure logistics yet, but time and distance to the hotel is about 460 miles and 7 hours from Orange County according to Mapquest. This is for the "non-coastal" route which is sure to add to both numbers.

I'll be sending emails to everyone on the confirmed caravan list soon regarding departure points from SoCal.

Dave

I'm looking for email addresses from the people listed below so we can start communicating offline regarding departure logistics. Please PM to me and I'll distribute the master list privatey to all on the caravan.

Addy's still needed:

David Lin
Mitch Dolezal
Dave DeGroff

Dave

Glad you can make it Troy.

Randy, sorry I somehow overlooked your earlier RSVP - glad you're able to make it as well. PM your email addy to me as we'll move this thread off the forum soon.

SO, the updated SoCal caravan list to NSXPO departing Tuesday October 7th now looks like this with confirmed attendees:

Dave Goward (me)
Steve & Sandi Riter
Jim Lieber
Gil Leach & Donna
Chris Wong
Michael Ring & Patti
David Lin & Nora
Mitch Dolezal
Peter Yee
Dave & Lesley DeGroff
Troy Buss
Randy C.

Should be a fun drive! More soon...

Dave

It looks like I'm officially NOT going with this caravan. My wife and I decided to enjoy the coast in a more leisurely drive AFTER NSXPO (with a couple of overnight stops along the way).

Since we'll be seeing enough of the coast on our return, we're going to take the most direct freeway route to NSXPO on Wednesday.

Actually if my memory is correct, Alex was leading a caravan up to monterey and graciously accepted the recognition award from the nice man with the lights on his car. We all, of course kept driving.

This thread is closed and those that signed up for the SoCal caravan to NSXPO are communicating offline via email.

If you want to join the caravan departing SoCal on October 7th, send me a PM and I'll add you to the list.

Dave

Conrad:

Got your email and glad to hear you can make it. PM me with your email addy and I'll add you to the supersecret caravan email list.

To anyone else still on the fence, the caravan (currently at 11 cars) leaves from Irvine at 6AM on October 7th.

Dave

Back