• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX -vs- Who gives a $h!t...seriously stop these stupid threads

Ok, I'm a lil sick of these NSX vs all other cars, ferraris, crx, s2000, etc...etc...(the list goes ,much further):rolleyes:

this is the only thread I care to see it on:biggrin:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55688

If you wanna' talk about those cars GO on their forum, because quite frankly, I don't know about the rest of you, BUT I OWN AN NSX, and don't give a rat's @$$ about all other cars vs my car, or I would have bought one of those other cars. Sorry just had to finally vent that, sorry if I'm being an @$$.

I just love my "X":biggrin:

I'm more tired of people comparing a car from 1990 with cars from 2000+.

Also tired of people saying that we should buy other "faster" cars for the same money...

I don't care if other cars are faster. I love the NSX to death, and will keep it as long as I can.

I do respect Ferrari's, american muscle cars, the Corvette Z06, Porsche's and so on, just wish they could respect the NSX for what it is - and not bash it because Honda made it. I'm proud of the NSX.

|Adeel said:
I'm more tired of people comparing a car from 1990 with cars from 2000+.

To be fair, the fact that they kept making the NSX until 2005 allows comparisons to anything made in that year IMO.

The problem lies in that most companies evolved their cars with technology and HP, where Honda just left the car alone.:frown:

LOL @ "New & Prospective Owners / Car History / Comparisons NSX research & history, financing, comparisons, advice."

NetViper said:
To be fair, the fact that they kept making the NSX until 2005 allows comparisons to anything made in that year IMO.

The problem lies in that most companies evolved their cars with technology and HP, where Honda just left the car alone.:frown:

Yes and yes...

I never disrespect NSX at all. One of the true sport car os the 90's and up to now.

I like the looks and performance of this car. You could get some serious power of this car if it's done correctly IMO.

Like I always said, there's always a faster and better one, but who give a $#1t as long as you enjoy your car that's all that matter. my 2:smile:

in theory - there is only one car that doesn't have any comparisons... whatever car that may be. I guess right now it's the Koeniggsegg CCX, so all the comparisons of "my car is faster than yours" is kind of dumb cuz there is always a faster car

i dont get mad about it, but it's the truth

AutoVation said:
LOL @ "New & Prospective Owners / Car History / Comparisons NSX research & history, financing, comparisons, advice."

I thought to put it here for the future owners to not even start the crap:rolleyes: ...and for the "comparison" in the thread title, I read it as if it were to compare "NSX research and history":wink:

I'm actually also kind of sick of these comparisons as well.

I personally think that its pointless to ask someone what car they should buy, on any forum, let alone an NSX forum.

If someone wanted to get a car in a certain price range, a normal person would go and test drive each car, and then buy what they like the most. That's what I did with the NSX.

I don't see myself going on any forum asking random people what I should get for a next car, next house, next anything.

In the end, its going to be my car, so what do I care what people say? I just don't get it.

btcog82 said:
I thought to put it here for the future owners to not even start the crap:rolleyes: ...and for the "comparison" in the thread title, I read it as if it were to compare "NSX research and history":wink:

I think the compaision is referring to NSX and other cars. I see no issue with it, except for trolls who come in to try and badmouth the car with no intention of considering one. It happens in every forum and with more than just cars. I remember I used to see it in Video Game forums (the PS forum would have XBox "fanboys" as they were called, and I bet the opposite was true over at the XBox forums.

I agree with some of the statements mentioned here.

I've chosen the NSX because that's quite simple. that's the car that I wanted. I did not choose it because it is the best, or the fastest or has the best price/performance ratio.
As long as comparisons are done or made in a more or less objective way I have no trouble with them. Of course, personal preferences and/or experiences differ from person to person and I will understand and respect that.
If someone chooses a Porsche, Ferrari, BMW or any other car over the NSX I can only respect that choice, whether it is based on pure performance-numbers, styling, image or whatever else. Then, if you want to discuss differences between cars seriously, I have no trouble with it. Actually, I might learn something new.
I still consider the NSX to be a better (sports)car than 98% of the other cars out there. I also still consider it to be a very exotic car.
And yes, I would have like Honda to have evolved the NSX more over the years because I think (believe) that the basic concept and chassis has (had) potential enough to be kept up to date and on top of the performance charts with relatively little work. I think the NSX-R proves just how good the NSX still could be if only Honda had made more of an effort. For that I can only be sorry, but it doesn't make me like my NSX any less. The fact that the NSX is still able to compete reasonable well with cars 15 years younger is a credit to its design.

I love the "NSX vs XXX" threads so long as they're written by someone who has actually driven both and doesn't have an axe to grind. I find them interesting to read and the discussion that follows is sometimes fun.

NetViper said:

YES, that's exactly how i feel.... and it's true. still a sweet car though, that's why we own em. they could just be so much more right now

RyRy210 said:
I'm actually also kind of sick of these comparisons as well.

I personally think that its pointless to ask someone what car they should buy, on any forum, let alone an NSX forum.

If someone wanted to get a car in a certain price range, a normal person would go and test drive each car, and then buy what they like the most. That's what I did with the NSX.

I don't see myself going on any forum asking random people what I should get for a next car, next house, next anything.

In the end, its going to be my car, so what do I care what people say? I just don't get it.

I agree. The only times I have gone on another car forum to ask about a car is when I have already decided that is what I want to get and just want to make sure I am not missing anything in the search, like common problems or anything else. Essentially, I would go there for research primarily.

Well, I made several posts asking some opinions before buying my NSX, as I was considering a Maserati GS, a 996TT, an SL55, AM V8, etc. My NSX is actually the least expensive and least "modern" car that I was looking at.

This forum was a big help to me... its not like I could go and test drive an NSX... the closest one was like 1000 miles away and one I wouldn't consider anyway... I pretty much bought my NSX sight unseen, not test driven, and some of that decision making was based on feedback here on this forum. I am very happy... did, and do appreciate the forum very much. Even the comparisons.

If lots of people are replying to a comparison, no matter how dumb, there is obviously an interest level in it. Sure... a few get rather boring and dumb... I just click on the next subject. I mean to each their own.

Spot on BC. IMHO there is the NSX, and there is/are all else. If someone does not get that, too bad for them.

[snark]

Other choices just don't do it for me---

Corvette: Upscale trailer trash. (WTF is a little corv? A little towel is a towlette, so a little corv is...?)

Boxter: Melty cyclops butt. Although not as common as the little corv, still too common.

Nissan 350z: Cartoon squinty eyed robot. Lots of HP per buck with cheezy interior, just like the little corv.

Bmw z4: Truncated pecker on wheels.

Lexus 430. Looks strangely disproportional like the designer was on 420.

Saleen, GT40: Sounds like contact solution. They are both still Fords.

Lamborari, Ferrari: High maintenance Wife/Husband or Girl/Boyfriend. Just got rid of one of those...

[/snark]

I personally like NSX vs. thread.

I have driven a good number of cars, and I always enjoy writing a comparion.

Few cars have ever come out on top for me over the NSX. The 360 is one. The 996 turbo was another. The vette was very different, but overall the NSX was better. I prefered the my boosted NSX to the Ford GT.

I enjoy reading what other people think of the NSX compared to other cars.

THANK YOU.

THere are times when a new[er] or older and rare car justify a comparison. I'd say that makes up 1 out of 20 topics.

s2k, mazda rx-59, whatever, can be searched for and otherwise have no use here.

I'm glad it wasn't just me who felt like this...:wink: I really feel its disrespectful to NEGATIVELY compare the NSX to other vehicles on here.

I MEAN HELLO:eek: , we are on an NSX forum:wink: , if you wanna' downtalk the NSX then go on "their" :rolleyes: sites and do it.

Um...I click on this sub-forum because of what it says underneath it:

New & Prospective Owners / Car History / Comparisons NSX research & history, financing, comparisons, advice. New owner/member messages. NSX ONLY!

I dont see the problem?

It's quite easy to manipulate a car-to-car-acceleration duell. CRX versus NSX? They shoot 10 videos.
At the end: The one where the NSX had a lot of clutch-slipping and the CRX a perfect start goes to 'CRX beats NSX!!!'-thread and all the others go to the expected outcome. :)

6i9 said:
Um...I click on this sub-forum because of what it says underneath it:
New & Prospective Owners / Car History / Comparisons NSX research & history, financing, comparisons, advice. New owner/member messages. NSX ONLY!
I dont see the problem?
:rolleyes:
Sorry, I just take ALOT of pride in owning THE NSX and as I said before...:wink:

btcog82 said:
I really feel its disrespectful to NEGATIVELY compare the NSX to other vehicles on here.
I MEAN HELLO:eek: , we are on an NSX forum:wink: , if you wanna' downtalk the NSX then go on "their" :rolleyes: sites and do it.

6i9, do you own THE NSX? If so, I would think its easier for you to understand:wink: , if not I understand why YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. Theres another word for it (IGNORANCE), but I'll be nice:smile:

Also doesn't the thread title end with NSX ONLY:rolleyes: :wink: , I took it as compare your reserach with other owners and advice they have experienced with their NSX'.:wink:

Anyway, I'm out:rolleyes:

Again, the description of this sub-forum says 'prospective owners.' That's what I am, and I've still got a lot to learn about the NSX. Those kinds of comparison threads help me in that sense. Yeah, a Ferrari blah blah blah is better than the NSX. Yeah, that CRX can go ina straight line faster. Blah blah blah, I still like the NSX for what it is, and wouldnt consider the others for a second.

Even if I owned the car, I would maintain that having the car negatively compared to another wouldn't bother me. Why? Because I am not insecure about a car I like. So what if the NSX is not as good as ______, like others said up there, it doesn't matter. As long as you still like the car. :rolleyes:

It is not like if I owned the car, my viewpoint would change and I would automatically agree with why you're so worked up about other car comparisons. Also, I don't appreciate you calling me ignorant, because I'm not. I've had cars and read threads that negatively compared mine to another random car. Did it bother me? NO ;);););););)

It sounds more ignorant to me to ignore any discussion of comparing the NSX to another car. Turning a blind eye to that and not wanting to acknowledge that there are allowed to be faster cars than the NSX is ridiculous. None of it should matter, since in the end, you should still feel the same way about your car when you drive it. I would.

Those kinds of discussions help put into perspective for a lot of members, including myself, where a 15 year old car stands in today's field of modern cars. To me, thats a valuable thing to know and learn, and would only enhance NSX ownership for me. Because as it stands, I think the general concensus is that the NSX can still hold its ground against many new cars.

The NSX Only part is vague. Why would you compare an NSX to an NSX...?

ANYWAY IM OUT

Last edited:
Back